Please ban me for a bit

Me neither, it depends whether mr violent is speaking on behalf of t2w or not. If he is then, frankly, you (not you jon, t2w) started it. Otherwise the discussion seems pretty civil to me and we need not test my data protection theories (and I think that ultimately that is what we'd have to do if t2w responded with half a page - test them with the commissioner because I am pretty sure I'm correct) so long as we remain in constructive dialogue...

I agree. The whole matter is worth investigating on a matter of principle if nothing else.

Dear Mr. t2w, why don't you delete ALL posts and all members and just let it all start all over again?

There's something rather special about a fresh start...

Dear Mr. t2w, why don't you delete ALL posts and all members and just let it all start all over again?

There's something rather special about a fresh start...

That would be like .........the Journey from the basement :LOL:

Deletions are such lulz, I like it. If people are that attached to their posts, they should post the same again.

Monkey, the ‘delete all my posts and ban me’ phase seems to be a standard (and recurring) obsession in virtually all of that very tiny minority of the t2w long-term membership who through no fault of their own inhabit the outer edges of what passes for everyday sanity amongst the masses.

Having been there and done it myself, on a number of occasions using varying methods to reach my apparently desired goals I found it cathartic to realise, eventually, that it doesn’t make any difference anyway. Nothing does. It really doesn’t matter. It’s not that important. At all.

If you’re concerned about stuff ‘of yours’ being in the public domain and you wished it wasn’t, fret not my Simian artichoke, it is as good as deeply hidden within the bowels of the Earth as it is within the morass of random verbiage spewed across this site.

Take a long holiday. Take them as frequently as necessary. I do. Then simply lie back and allow whatever muse that drives you to do whatever it is you do here (what is it you do here anyway?) and whatever gratifications you receive from your involvement here decide when and if and how often and for how long you will return, if at all.

Yes, let us start with Ardour,
And let us end with Zeal.

I printed this out four times, pasted it on my wall facing in each cardinal direction, and meditate to it every morning to reach my Zen state.

Just kidding, but this is good advice... people care too much about things the things that don't matter and care too little about the things that do (i.e. social ills, famines, etc.)

Please ban me for a month. If I don't complain about it in the month after the ban's expiry, then please delete all my posts and threads and my account :)

If you are not willing to perform the latter, then please do not ban me, as I need to argue with ya :LOL:

cheers

You cannot be banned - the Mods have decreed that, like the Ancient Mariner, you are to haunt these boards forever:devilish::love: