WorldSpreads

laptop1:
In view of the trouble you had with WS last time, as posted here at great length, why are you so keen to use them again? Surely you know they'll pull all the old tricks to prevent you making money!

MarvinS said:
Up to £250 cash back applies depending on whom you were reffered by and lasts up to 8 weeks from the date you opened the account. You may not apply for this unless you came through a referrer! People like John Bartlett work hard to develop relationships with their clients and i think you are showing a great amount of dis-respect by talking about this so loosely.

Hi Marvin

Not sure what you mean about disrespect, on the "tomcat" system cd i have Finspreads is recommended, on his website he pumps worldspreads,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fact !!

I imagine a referrer wouldn't do all this for nothing.

p.s haven't had an answer to post 425,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
timaru69 said:
Hi

All a bit worrying if their main feed "goes down" on one of their promotional products. Given that their spread on the Dow Cash is 4 ticks then it is no more attractive than CMC or capitalspreads (4 ticks still?)

I reckon that they are not all they are cracked up to be, they don't even offer basic charts.

Cheers

We did have a few problems last week with the DOW feed itself - on one particular day the exchange itself went down. Somedays you also get gappy trades on the DOW, even on the mini contracts. Yes our spread on the cash Dow is 4 but our spread on the rolling futures is 1 and this is why so many clients are trading this contract. Traders have to realise that the cash is priced off the futures anyway, but i suppose SB clients are use to trading the cash. All those harsh fills on spikes in the cash markets allow SB firms to continue to fill you on errodious prices. The futures in the most part is as transparent as it comes!

Why would you want a basic chart? I can recommend some really good charting packages that would superceed any SB charting software by the power of 10. :idea:

Prices

Phil Mibbutz said:
laptop1:
In view of the trouble you had with WS last time, as posted here at great length, why are you so keen to use them again? Surely you know they'll pull all the old tricks to prevent you making money!

1pt spreads are unheard of in the spread betting industry. Fantastic tax advantage also.
The worldspreads platform must be robust enough to accept all traders and in hindsight they should not have offered a service which they cannot provide to all. Having said that , I think the company are making a great effort to get the data right and welcome all the trading community.

With trading volumes improving day by day this company can corner the market and sure there are traders who will win/make money all the time in all markets but these should be embraced and congratulated for learning their trade well and be an inspiration to all. Worldspreads should see the ' winners' as good for business and with the numbers they are dealing with a small percentage of liquidity will be very profitable. The fact that Marvin is being 'nice' to Laptop1shows that the company desperately want to get it right. Traders would not want to use worldspreads if they thought that they would be referred to a dealer if they were making money . Up to £20 a point on automatic fills FOR ALL will take WS to no 1.

Last edited:
timaru69 said:
Hi Marvin

Not sure what you mean about disrespect, on the "tomcat" system cd i have Finspreads is recommended, on his website he pumps worldspreads,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fact !!

I imagine a referrer wouldn't do all this for nothing.

p.s haven't had an answer to post 425,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'll have my two penneth if I may - If I introduce WS and people trade then I do get a tiny proportion of the 1 point spread! however if I introduced Global Index and introduced them I could earn six times as much on every trade in and out!! - I don't

I still recommend Finspreads its a great platform but my reputation is built on me advising my clients what is the very best in their interest! And it doesn't take a genius to see that trading with a 1 pt spread is better than trading with a 4 point spread - Its like visiting a bookmaker and giving him £40 just for the privilidge of placing a bet!! think about it!

Again I do not recommend that clients place orders with WS they should use Finspreads because of the ability to place stops and limits when placing an order - Hopefully WS will address this in the near future.

I hope if I introduce 1000 trading clients (big ones ) then I can retire to my property in France!

John Bartlett

laptop1 said:
Anyone else having to wait for a trade on line up to 20 sec

20 secs eh!

just nuff time to look up your account on the crm system, figure youre position, and quote against you?

remember - its all tax free!

people forget that markets dont create wealth - they only distribute wealth. if youre avenue of business/plan caters for larger costs than necessary, it is not a good business plan. the costs alone do most in over time.

otc markets are for those with too much liquidity to add, not those with not enough. if you understand that, you would never spread bet.

Last edited:
Points taken and I think we are moving in the right direction - atleast the development at WS are listening to what clients want. I suppose this is a great venue to ask and clients email me on a regular basis telling me what they want. Trade sizes and volumes have also increased which is a sign that traders trust the system, touch wood....
Bradford - every company wants to get it right and i am afraid that alot of SB firms have sat back on their laurels. Which is a shame!
Zenda - I have talked to alot of traders that have been on your site www.learntrading.co.uk - I will personally be attending your course on Nov 13th, if you allow me to?

Marvin Sones

Zenda said:
I'll have my two penneth if I may - If I introduce WS and people trade then I do get a tiny proportion of the 1 point spread! however if I introduced Global Index and introduced them I could earn six times as much on every trade in and out!! - I don't

I still recommend Finspreads its a great platform but my reputation is built on me advising my clients what is the very best in their interest! And it doesn't take a genius to see that trading with a 1 pt spread is better than trading with a 4 point spread - Its like visiting a bookmaker and giving him £40 just for the privilidge of placing a bet!! think about it!

Again I do not recommend that clients place orders with WS they should use Finspreads because of the ability to place stops and limits when placing an order - Hopefully WS will address this in the near future.

I hope if I introduce 1000 trading clients (big ones ) then I can retire to my property in France!

John Bartlett

Hi John

Can't any fairer than that, thanks for the open and honest answer. Good to see this attitude from a vendor.

I must admit that I currently like Worldspreads for intraday trading the FX markets but that's about all I would use them for at the moment. Only trading small pip sizes £5 max , and haven't had any problem with fills yet.

Cheers

timaru69 said:
Hi John

I must admit that I currently like Worldspreads for intraday trading the FX markets but that's about all I would use them for at the moment. Only trading small pip sizes £5 max , and haven't had any problem with fills yet.

Cheers

Are you on Auto trading instant execution ?

Last edited:
timaru69 said:
Hi John

Can't any fairer than that, thanks for the open and honest answer. Good to see this attitude from a vendor.

Cheers

It is all about pitching yourself against the markets - and if you can trade £5 per point or more with a company that offers you instant execution with a 1 pip spread, it is little wonder why we have seen volumes increase so signifcantly. The spread savings are immense!

John definately gets the thumbs up from me but you don't have to take my word for it....

Regards
Marvin

MarvinS said:
It is all about pitching yourself against the markets - and if you can trade £5 per point or more with a company that offers you instant execution with a 1 pip spread, it is little wonder why we have seen volumes increase so signifcantly. The spread savings are immense!

Regards
Marvin

Marivn

Post#440. You said, perhaps you could call us to deal to start with and then go from there.

Why can't I go straight on Auto Trading, you can monitor my trading style, With technology today, why should I have to deal through the phone, when everyone else can trade on your online platform. Im not scalping, I will be in a trade anywhere from 5 mins to an hour.

Show trade2win,that you are willing to have wining traders,on you books. saying that, 2 weeks ago I lost $2,710 in one day, :eek: worldsreads could have pocket that money, but the underling market had It, my broker had commission which only added up to $95.00..W/S would have had $2,710 in one day.

So let my know Marvin if I can go back on Auto trading, I dont like phone trading, I have not done that for years, I dont want to go back to the old days...we in good old 2006 remember

Last edited:
laptop1 said:
Are you on Auto trading instant execution ?

Hi Laptop

Yes that is trading via their internet site. If I had to phone orders is then I wouldn't bother.

I guess this comes back to whether worldspreads hedge their client position or not.

timaru69 said:
Hi Laptop

Yes that is trading via their internet site. If I had to phone orders is then I wouldn't bother.

I guess this comes back to whether worldspreads hedge their client position or not.

You are very lucky. I can only place phone orders, I am waiting for Marvin to reverse this and put me on Auto trading like you self. We see what he come back with fro me.

laptop1 said:
Hard place to get an answer around here. Simon at capitalspreads respond within 24hours most of the time with a few hours...

I only want to know, if I can use worlspread trading platform, I don't want phone service. im an online trader

Don't hold your breath laptop.

Worldspreads forcibly closed my account because of "slow prices". Now they say they have fixed their platform, so I asked them to re-activate the account, but they ignored my request.

LET'S ALL WAKE UP and see these companies for what they really are.

It's money for old rope: they are not interested in offering services to anyone who they perceive to have any skill - they just want mug punters. How else could their 1pip business model possibly work?

c6

MarvinS said:
Will anyone be going to the IX investor Show?

Salty Gibbon is going I think Marv what was you banned for anyway? cant see the reason in banned members section. Do you have any other nick's ?