Worldspreads upgraded!

MarvinS said:
Oh does that mean you want to know the truth the whole truth about spread betting? Valuable Insight, the hairs on the back of my neck are sticking up!

Marvin write a book mate providing you are not bound by any acts or assisination policies of course.

I think it would sell really well, providing you could make the audience gasp.

Well can ya ?

Crap Buddist said:
Marvin write a book mate providing you are not bound by any acts or assisination policies of course.

I think it would sell really well, providing you could make the audience gasp.

Well can ya ?
Yes I think so too, it would be a best seller, I would certainly buy a copy. :LOL:

But please tell us on here first coz I was just about to open an account with WS like I said late last year if the reviews got better, it seems they have... well at least laptop is trading again:cheesy:

Well perhaps Marvin would be kind enough to give the contributors to this thread a free signed copy.

Well definately me anyway. :)

Marvin, not that you need it maybe but it certainly would be a pension top up for you.

Not scalping in the true sense but short term trading,usually a few minutes up to 30 minutes max. Less if I catch it just right.

There doesen't seem to be much enthusiasm for my request for information,maybe it does balance out over a period of time so I will drop it for now and log my own experiences.

Thanks anyway for those that replied.

klw said:
Not scalping in the true sense but short term trading,usually a few minutes up to 30 minutes max. Less if I catch it just right.

There doesen't seem to be much enthusiasm for my request for information,maybe it does balance out over a period of time so I will drop it for now and log my own experiences.

Thanks anyway for those that replied.
If you are referring to 1 point spread during scalping. I have to say that, according to my experience I have not found WS "stealing" any points. The market moves so quickly and sometimes the figures change just a fraction of a second before one clicks. A way to find out is to record the trading session. I have found out by doing this, that when they execute, they give the correct price. Also the traders that favor DMA (direct market access) have a tendency to leave out the cost for commission. If you are trading with small money, I would say that WS at the moment still gives the best deal, with their 1 point spread. At least as long as you can stay away from being put on intervention by a dealer.

laptop1 said:
What are you trying to say. if you trade small you will be OK but if you trade larger you may be put on Referral. I'm only using WS for testing at the moment, done close to 70 trades with no problems what so ever. I hope this will be the case, If I trade size....You guys now me, I will tell it as it is. But at this time I got to complaints.
Laptop, I think you misunderstood my post. What I mean is, if you trade small amount of money you will be better of with WS, instead of DMA, where you have to pay the commission, and put up a bigger amount of money.

gle101 said:
Laptop, I think you misunderstood my post. What I mean is, if you trade small amount of money you will be better of with WS, instead of DMA, where you have to pay the commission, and put up a bigger amount of money.

Ok I just deleted the post.....who would have thought I would be quoting WS with Gold starts lol.

Nice to see they can change and for the better I must say.

laptop1 said:
Ok I just deleted the post.....who would have thought I would be quoting WS with Gold starts lol.

Nice to see they can change and for the better I must say.
Yes, who would have thought that! By any chance, are your working for WS? ;)

Update on my trading with Worldspreads!

I think it is about time to post the recent developments on my own trading with Worldspreads. As everybody on this board knows, I have been very positive about the developments at WS after the actual speed upgrade. However I think it is only right and fair play, that I now give my honest opinion as to where I think Worldspreads is standing at the moment.

Just before Christmas I was put on intervention by a dealer. No big thing I thought, they will probably change my trading status in the beginning of next Year. I am sorry to say that, Worldspreads and its newly appointed marketing director, has not been able to fulfill my wishes in this regard. I have contacted Marvin's successor personally, asking for a time schedule, as to when I can trade with instant execution again. The answer I have gotten is a rather standard reply, in fact the email that I received actually gives the impression, that I will not get back my old trading status, and thus instant execution.

What is the reason for me being put on intervention by a dealer? I do not trade actively on lagging quotes, if that is the deciding issue, after the speed upgrade has been introduced. I have come to to the conclusion that WS does not approve of short term traders like me, or scalpers if you like. This is a fact that I have to admit, looking at it with a trader's eyes. Well, this is what is to be expected from a Market Maker, might some of you say in unison. As I understood it, Worldspreads under Marvin, introduced the possibility of giving service to a variety of trading styles, and provided a very fast system that could handle this. This is what Marvin told me at the time he was giving me back my instant execution. However, something happened at Worldspreads when Marvin was about to leave the company. A new client policy was introduced and quickly set in action, that was directly effecting short term traders like me negatively, and some other traders as well, resulting them being moved out in the cold.
It is my standpoint that the Market Maker has the right to give you this kind of limitation in trading, but it is also my viewpoint that this short term limitation must be very clearly stated in the user agreement.

So where does this leaves me trading with Worldspreads? Well, here is a short report on how I experience trading with WS at the moment, and how it is like, being on constant intervention by a dealer. I can tell you guys, sitting in the lap of the dealer all the time, is not something I enjoy at all. It puts a lot of stress and strain on one's trading, and in a very volatile market this can be pure torture. The dealer can, if he so sees fit, wait until he executes, in order to see where the wind is blowing. If it blows too much in one's favor, you get a re-quote, if it moves against you, you certainly get executed. However, if the market is neutral you get executed quickly. Some dealers at WS are also trading very actively against you, this I have experienced up front, while some others behave correctly, giving you a swift execution. In fact you never know where you stand, and putting a lot of money at stake in such conditions, is totally out of the question. It would be just too risky as one is not able to exit quickly, if the market suddenly in a big way decides to move against you. Also with intervention by the dealer, the rhythm in one's trading is greatly disturbed, one hesitates going into new positions, especially in a volatile market. Besides, trading on breakouts and momentum is not possible anymore, as the dealer can hold the order without executing it properly, when you are trying to enter the position.

It is against my trading principles, to trade without instant execution in the long run. I regret to say this, but I have decided to take a break from trading with Worldspreads, at least for the time being. I will gladly, at any time go back to trading with them if they set me back on instant execution. Without this being granted, there is a bunch of other alternatives that are far more attractive for me. I know for a fact that many of you on this board are at the moment enjoying their trading experience with Worldspreads. I have been told by some that everything is working fine, with a fast feed and swift instant execution. To all of you, I say good luck and continued prosperous trading. For me on the other hand, it is about time to move on to other options.

Also, since I will not actively be trading at Worldspreads, at least for the time being, my postings at this forum will come to a minimum. I have enjoyed communicating with many of you guys, and I wish you all the best in your trading. I think this thread has turned into a creative and highly informative board on issues concerning trading with Worldspreads.

LOL! With your 'history' on this thread, it'd take a heart of stone not to laugh. Good luck finding another firm.

Gle 101,
Sorry to hear of your woes with Worldspreads, seems like spread betting companies just don't like winners and will take any action necessary to put a stop to them.

Eddie

gle
at last you have seen the light, maybe now you may look at dma or futures betting the only sb company that gives dma where you get out when you want.the least worldspreads could of done is buy you a new keyboard as it must be worn out by now.

Sorry to se that happen to you especially. Keep us updatet on where you take your trading now and how it works. I just had my first day of trading with WS on friday.
Got tired of growing a beard in front of constantly delayed CS charts... we'll se how it goes...

sorry to hear that gle,

My experience is that their execution has changed. Before they would execute my trades instantly (less than a second). Now it takes 3-4 seconds and sometimesI get filled at a different price to what I clicked! I'm not sure if this is manual referal by a dealer or just the way the system is.

I have never had experience with dma. Do we get instant executions there?

gle101 said:

I think it is about time to post the recent developments on my own trading with Worldspreads. As everybody on this board knows, I have been very positive about the developments at WS after the actual speed upgrade. However I think it is only right and fair play, that I now give my honest opinion as to where I think Worldspreads is standing at the moment.

Just before Christmas I was put on intervention by a dealer. No big thing I thought, they will probably change my trading status in the beginning of next Year. I am sorry to say that, Worldspreads and its newly appointed marketing director, has not been able to fulfill my wishes in this regard. I have contacted Marvin's successor personally, asking for a time schedule, as to when I can trade with instant execution again. The answer I have gotten is a rather standard reply, in fact the email that I received actually gives the impression, that I will not get back my old trading status, and thus instant execution.

What is the reason for me being put on intervention by a dealer? I do not trade actively on lagging quotes, if that is the deciding issue, after the speed upgrade has been introduced. I have come to to the conclusion that WS does not approve of short term traders like me, or scalpers if you like. This is a fact that I have to admit, looking at it with a trader's eyes. Well, this is what is to be expected from a Market Maker, might some of you say in unison. As I understood it, Worldspreads under Marvin, introduced the possibility of giving service to a variety of trading styles, and provided a very fast system that could handle this. This is what Marvin told me at the time he was giving me back my instant execution. However, something happened at Worldspreads when Marvin was about to leave the company. A new client policy was introduced and quickly set in action, that was directly effecting short term traders like me negatively, and some other traders as well, resulting them being moved out in the cold.
It is my standpoint that the Market Maker has the right to give you this kind of limitation in trading, but it is also my viewpoint that this short term limitation must be very clearly stated in the user agreement.

So where does this leaves me trading with Worldspreads? Well, here is a short report on how I experience trading with WS at the moment, and how it is like, being on constant intervention by a dealer. I can tell you guys, sitting in the lap of the dealer all the time, is not something I enjoy at all. It puts a lot of stress and strain on one's trading, and in a very volatile market this can be pure torture. The dealer can, if he so sees fit, wait until he executes, in order to see where the wind is blowing. If it blows too much in one's favor, you get a re-quote, if it moves against you, you certainly get executed. However, if the market is neutral you get executed quickly. Some dealers at WS are also trading very actively against you, this I have experienced up front, while some others behave correctly, giving you a swift execution. In fact you never know where you stand, and putting a lot of money at stake in such conditions, is totally out of the question. It would be just too risky as one is not able to exit quickly, if the market suddenly in a big way decides to move against you. Also with intervention by the dealer, the rhythm in one's trading is greatly disturbed, one hesitates going into new positions, especially in a volatile market. Besides, trading on breakouts and momentum is not possible anymore, as the dealer can hold the order without executing it properly, when you are trying to enter the position.

It is against my trading principles, to trade without instant execution in the long run. I regret to say this, but I have decided to take a break from trading with Worldspreads, at least for the time being. I will gladly, at any time go back to trading with them if they set me back on instant execution. Without this being granted, there is a bunch of other alternatives that are far more attractive for me. I know for a fact that many of you on this board are at the moment enjoying their trading experience with Worldspreads. I have been told by some that everything is working fine, with a fast feed and swift instant execution. To all of you, I say good luck and continued prosperous trading. For me on the other hand, it is about time to move on to other options.

Also, since I will not actively be trading at Worldspreads, at least for the time being, my postings at this forum will come to a minimum. I have enjoyed communicating with many of you guys, and I wish you all the best in your trading. I think this thread has turned into a creative and highly informative board on issues concerning trading with Worldspreads.

Now more importantly, does this mean Laptops working for Worldly Spreads?

He's back on instant and coining it in.

Any sign of that book yet Marvin?

Crap Buddist said:
Now more importantly, does this mean Laptops working for Worldly Spreads?

He's back on instant and coining it in.

Any sign of that book yet Marvin?

lol l don't think so, I never thought I would here gle101 talk down WS, but it's in a gentleman way. Sorry to here that gle, I been through it my self, It's all docomented on the other WS thread.

I dont scalp with them anymore, maybe thats why I can trade. some trades I hold over night. From my past experience WS don't like scalpers :devilish: .

Last edited:
gle101 said:
Thanks guys, for all your support!
Send them a letter and ask them to explain, why they have palced you on referral You want to see it in writng. See what they come back with. Essentially, if they do not have adequate systems and controls in place to quote adequately enabling a large percentage of your trades to be instantly executable then they should not be advertising instant execution on their financial promotions, as this would be deemed to be in breach of the conduct of business section 3 of the FSA Handbook relating to financial Promotions.

http://fsahandbook.info/FSA/html/handbook/COB/3/8#D229