Narrowing spreads

smallfry

Spreadex are offering lots of narrowed spreads at the moment, but WorldSpreads have a spread of 1 on FTSE Cash in March, amongst other promotions from the other firms.

WorldSpreads also have 10 spread free trades for new clients.

Does this indicate that spread wars will ultimately change the way spread firms work?

smallfry said:
Spreadex are offering lots of narrowed spreads at the moment, but WorldSpreads have a spread of 1 on FTSE Cash in March, amongst other promotions from the other firms.

WorldSpreads also have 10 spread free trades for new clients.

Does this indicate that spread wars will ultimately change the way spread firms work?

I have to admit I like Worldspreads. This is weird because their spread is outrageous and at least once my stop loss order was not filled. May be just because I've been making money with them despite all of these.

The one thing that I do like them to improve is the spread. But it looks like they aim at more affluent customers who don't care that much about spread.

Later,

Hung

hungvir said:
I have to admit I like Worldspreads. This is weird because their spread is outrageous and at least once my stop loss order was not filled. May be just because I've been making money with them despite all of these.

The one thing that I do like them to improve is the spread. But it looks like they aim at more affluent customers who don't care that much about spread.

Later,

Hung

Interesting comment Hung, generally I find their spreads very competitive, far more so than someone like Spreadex or Capital Spreads. Which markets did you trade with them? Actually I think you'll tend to find that more affluent customers care as much if not more about the spread than us mere mortals.

smallfry said:
Interesting comment Hung, generally I find their spreads very competitive, far more so than someone like Spreadex or Capital Spreads. Which markets did you trade with them? Actually I think you'll tend to find that more affluent customers care as much if not more about the spread than us mere mortals.

I've decided to use Worldspreads for index trading only. For individual shares, I don't think anyone can beat CMC.

Later,

Hung

hungvir said:
I've decided to use Worldspreads for index trading only. For individual shares, I don't think anyone can beat CMC.

Later,

Hung
Ah CMC, those lovely people.