Worldspreads upgraded!

gle101 said:
I have two computers. On one of them, I have noticed the problem that you mentioned. On the one I am using to trade, no such problem has occurred. I am using Firefox. It has to do with allocation of memory that should be freed while accessing new information. I suggest that you try Firefox or Opera instead and see if there is any change. If this doesn't work you can try to allocate more memory in the OS. I will send you a PM if you don't know how how to do this and in case, switching browsers doesn't work out for you. There is also a possibility of a hardware problem.

Thanks for the feedback. I will stick to IE, and as I know what the problem is am OK with it, it was just frustrating when I was trying to track it down, I was convinced it was a virus checker running in the background until I looked a bit deeper. I Have IE 7.0 on another computer so I was going to see if that had the same issue however I had to roll it back as Reuters web based application (which I use for one of my feeds) won't work with IE 7.0

qmpma1 said:
Thanks for the feedback. I will stick to IE, and as I know what the problem is am OK with it, it was just frustrating when I was trying to track it down, I was convinced it was a virus checker running in the background until I looked a bit deeper. I Have IE 7.0 on another computer so I was going to see if that had the same issue however I had to roll it back as Reuters web based application (which I use for one of my feeds) won't work with IE 7.0
Another thing that also comes to mind, is that there can be some spy ware program running in the background that uses up a lot of resources. If you haven't done it already, run a program like Ad-aware to clean it up.

MarvinS said:
Eddie,

I have responded to your question earlier! Simple pick up the phone and give us a call or send me a message. We are not Monsters on the phone that inflict Polonium 210 on our clients.

Marvin

Thank you Marvin. I was pointing out to Gle, that I had been asking you and not him, about Worldspreads service.

Eddie

I sent WS a letter to ask if I could come back trading and to cut the story short they said Yes. So I will give it a go and report back.

It said it the letter. We have modified our system such that most trades are not refer any trade to dealer for acceptance or re-quote......

Time will tell. I am going to trade small if I see an improvement. I will let the thread know how I get on.

laptop1 said:
I sent WS a letter to ask if I could come back trading and to cut the story short they said Yes. So I will give it a go and report back.

It said it the letter. We have modified our system such that most trades are not refer any trade to dealer for acceptance or re-quote......

Time will tell. I am going to trade small if I see an improvement. I will let the thread know how I get on.
Good news. I am looking forward to your report.

AC007 said:
This kind of thred will turn decent t2w into another advfn.
If you browse through this thread you will notice many different and interesting subjects discussed. Anyone can post on this thread information on Worldspreads and related trading issues. It would be interesting if more traders that are actually trading live with Worldspreads would post their impressions, both good and bad, so we all can have an objective and rewarding discussion on the subjects brought forth. My experience with Worldspreads has been very positive. That is why I want to get feedback from others with possibly a different point of view. Also, if I find out any problems with the platform in my own trading with Worldspreads, I would like to share my experience with others, so all who read this thread, can benefit from it.

A thread like this one is a two edged sword for the companies. If a lot of negative postings occur about a company, that is obviously not good, the same goes of course for the opposite. However, one thing is for sure, nobody owns (except for T2W in terms of content) or can in any way control, a thread like this one, simply because the fact is, that anyone can freely post his/hers experience about the company.

Hey gle101

Don't worry. Based on the childlike spelling and grammar from AC007 and the fact that the posts were made well after midnight I'll wager that he may have had a few Bacardi Breezers and shouldn't be taken too seriously :).

FIM

FTSE in mouth said:
Hey gle101

Don't worry. Based on the childlike spelling and grammar from AC007 and the fact that the posts were made well after midnight I'll wager that he may have had a few Bacardi Breezers and shouldn't be taken too seriously :).

FIM
Thanks a lot FIM,
I like your humor and the way you express your self, it is a long way from my kind of writing. Probably by some of you consider my 'factual' Swedish way 'boring'. I guess I would be hammered by some of you British being a Scandinavian, if I expressed myself the way you do at times. Hilarious, at times, I must admit.

gle101 said:
Thanks a lot FIM,
I like your humor and the way you express your self, it is a long way from my kind of writing. Probably by some of you consider my 'factual' Swedish way 'boring'. I guess I would be hammered by some of you British being a Scandinavian, if I expressed myself the way you do at times. Hilarious, at times, I must admit.

Well your English is better than a whole lot better than some of the English locals on here and certainly better than my and many other's Swedish. Having worked in a little town about 90km North of you in Hagfors the standard of English is very good.

It just looks a little weird when you type as you interpret what you read and respond to literally whereas native English speakers interpret and respond by 'feel'. It is the same as if I was pretty skilled at Swedish and was typing in Swedish. I would be in your position.

Anyway....before we get too off-topic.........

FTSE in mouth said:
Well your English is better than a whole lot better than some of the English locals on here and certainly better than my and many other's Swedish. Having worked in a little town about 90km North of you in Hagfors the standard of English is very good.

It just looks a little weird when you type as you interpret what you read and respond to literally whereas native English speakers interpret and respond by 'feel'. It is the same as if I was pretty skilled at Swedish and was typing in Swedish. I would be in your position.

Anyway....before we get too off-topic.........
Hagfors, yes nor very far from Karlstad. Then you know about the Swedish people, ha ha! Yes I agree totally, the British do write more emotionally, while I write more about the actual facts. Very good for you to point this out for me.

gle101

When you trade with WS. are you on Auto Trading. instant execution?

laptop1 said:
gle101

When you trade with WS. are you on Auto Trading. instant execution?
Yes all the time, except at times e.g. during important news releases on the currency pairs.

I will be at the IX investor FX show at Olympia tommorow at 9am. Come and visit our stand under IXspreads....

gle101 said:
Yes all the time, except at times e.g. during important news releases on the currency pairs.
gle101

Well I am back trading with WS

But still on refereed to dealer. I phoned them to ask why?they said, because my previous style of trading ..However I got filled at the price I wanted on referral but I dont like egg timers.

I am trading very small amount. I see how it goes. But I am not happy still being on referred to dealer. They told me on the phone they got new upgrades in January they will look at me account then. But it seem strange why gle101 is on instant execution after making 800% off WS.

I am a little concern on upping my stake now. maybe Marvin will answer for me.

I only placed 8 trades in the last 2 days. you cant call that scalping.

Last edited:
laptop1 said:
gle101

Well I am back trading with WS

But still on refereed to dealer. I phoned themto ask why? and they said because on my style of trading on how I used to trade..However I got filled at the price I wanted on referral

I am trading very small amount. I see how it goes. But I am not happy still being on referred to dealer. They told me on the phone they got new upgrades in January they will look at me account then. But it seem strange why gle101 is on instant execution after making 800% off WS.

I am a little concern on upping my stake now. maybe Marvin will answer for me.

I only placed 8 trades in the last 2 days. you cant call that scalping.
Yes I suppose you have to take it up with Marvin personally.

Find that with Worldspreads they have the smallest spread on many products, but stop losses on indices are untrustworthy, have experienced a price going through a stop loss reversing and getting taken out on the way back up. They do not like any very short term winning trades, less than 5 minutes, after a few of these trades they put you on dealer referal which takes longer and is only filled to their advantage after the price has moved. However they do not seem to mind you having losing trades, you make as many as these as you want and never get on dealer referal. Unlike Finspreads you cannot have a stop loss and a profit exit, also have found under normal conditions (not opening gaps etc) Finspreads stops and exits are fairly reliable, strange considering who founded Worldspreads.

Trader7600 said:
Find that with Worldspreads they have the smallest spread on many products, but stop losses on indices are untrustworthy, have experienced a price going through a stop loss reversing and getting taken out on the way back up. They do not like any very short term winning trades, less than 5 minutes, after a few of these trades they put you on dealer referal which takes longer and is only filled to their advantage after the price has moved. However they do not seem to mind you having losing trades, you make as many as these as you want and never get on dealer referal. Unlike Finspreads you cannot have a stop loss and a profit exit, also have found under normal conditions (not opening gaps etc) Finspreads stops and exits are fairly reliable, strange considering who founded Worldspreads.
Hi Trader7600,

When did you last experience this with Worldspreads, before or after the upgrade?

It was more than likely over the figure or figures that we had today! It has been absolutely a crazy day for trading with stops and limits.

MarvinS said:
It was more than likely over the figure or figures that we had today! It has been absolutely a crazy day for trading with stops and limits.
Hi Marvin,
Yes I noticed that. Huge reversals, it sure was crazy. Trading the GBP/USD during NFP can be risky. I did get re-quotes but that was expected. Maybe it took a little bit longer than usual to get the re-quote. Anyway I guess your dealers had their hands full on such a news release. However, I did not experience getting a bad price. I tried to get in within the first wave, but wasn't lucky there, however on the reversal I made 15 pips, so I am satisfied.