Worldspreads upgraded!

MarvinS said:
What do you mean FXCM spread betting? Do they offer spread betting?
Marvin, I was only commenting fxscalper2, mentioning the difference between the two. To be honest I don't know if they offer SB. I took it for granted as fxscalper2 said they are offering it. I suppose I should have checked it up myself.

neil said:
No guarantees without proviso's - it's in the small print at FXCM:

*Includes FXCM white label customers.
**FXCM maintains fixed spreads during normal market conditions. Additionally, FXCM offers a "No Dealing Desk" execution option. Clients may be able to select this option or be placed on it at FXCM's discretion. The "No Dealing Desk" option does not provide fixed spreads, nor are there any guarantees regarding slippage.
This so called "Non Dealing Desk" is not really an ECN as I understand it. Still invention by the dealer in some cases, from what I have read on different forums. OK, I haven't been actually trading with them, so it is quite easy to have preconception about this company.

I said no such thing. CMC do and I was using them as an example.
gle101 said:
Marvin, I was only commenting fxscalper2, mentioning the difference between the two. To be honest I don't know if they offer SB. I took it for granted as fxscalper2 said they are offering it. I suppose I should have checked it up myself.

FXSCALPER2 said:
I said no such thing. CMC do and I was using them as an example.
Sorry about that FXSCALPER2. You are absolutely right. I mixed up FXCM and CMC. This proves one has to read the posts very carefully.

neil said:

**FXCM maintains fixed spreads during normal market conditions. Additionally, FXCM offers a "No Dealing Desk" execution option. Clients may be able to select this option or be placed on it at FXCM's discretion. The "No Dealing Desk" option does not provide fixed spreads, nor are there any guarantees regarding slippage.

Anyone experienced bad fills back? I cannot believe they would be any different if they are not a DMA platform! Again i ask the question what is the difference between them and Spread betting. FXscalper believes they do no ttreat you any different if you win, has anyone been treated any different on this BB?

Marvin, it is illogical to expect them to be different from SB companies if you understand their Raison detre . They are exactly the same as any SB firm. I already gave the example of CMC. CMC FX (CFD) and SB are exactly the same from a traders point of view. FXCM are exactly the same as CMC's FX hand. Therefore CMC's SB and FXCM are the same thing. This is not a belief, it is a fact.

In terms of being treated differently, all brokers (except MBtrading (an ECN)) I have ever traded with are either impractical because of spreads or requote or reject you to death if you try to scalp. This is a fact.

Here is something that is not a fact but my personal belief: other than scalping, no broker will treat you differently simply because you are a winner. I say it is not a fact because I don't know what happens if you traded 50 mio with a retail broker, for example.

MarvinS said:
Anyone experienced bad fills back? I cannot believe they would be any different if they are not a DMA platform! Again i ask the question what is the difference between them and Spread betting. FXscalper believes they do no ttreat you any different if you win, has anyone been treated any different on this BB?

FXSCALPER2 said:
Marvin, it is illogical to expect them to be different from SB companies if you understand their Raison detre . They are exactly the same as any SB firm. I already gave the example of CMC. CMC FX (CFD) and SB are exactly the same from a traders point of view. FXCM are exactly the same as CMC's FX hand. Therefore CMC's SB and FXCM are the same thing. This is not a belief, it is a fact.

In terms of being treated differently, all brokers (except MBtrading (an ECN)) I have ever traded with are either impractical because of spreads or requote or reject you to death if you try to scalp. This is a fact.

Here is something that is not a fact but my personal belief: other than scalping, no broker will treat you differently simply because you are a winner. I say it is not a fact because I don't know what happens if you traded 50 mio with a retail broker, for example.

Do retail brokers like FXCM have larger pockets? I do not think so! I think the general perception is that SB firms do not want winners and this is wrong. 100% wrong. In my whole hearted truthful opinion. But you may think of this as towing the company line!

neil said:

OK so if you are not guarenteed on an FX price with such a reputable market maker as FXCM why should one be guarenteed a price with an SB firm. Being a trade or a stop/limit order. I really do not understand. WS will endevour to offer a 1 pip instant execution spread during normal trading conditions, so why are traders so concerned with getting guarenteed trades before and after a figure? If WS price feed is as good as all the other SB firms and offer a 1 pip spread, my god why are you not trading. Again towing the company line...

Compliance and Risk warnings flashing in my face of course.

Regards
Marvin

Another thing I like about WS is when you have a rolling spot position, your level stays the same for the next day. i.e they dont close your position end of the day and open a new one.

People who always expect guaranteed fills at the price they want, at all times, do not know how the markets work. If you trade with an ECN, you will get slipped all the time trying to use market orders at fast times. You can get slipped or partialled quite a bit even at relatively quiet times. With retail brokers and SB, you get requoted or rejected. It is a matter of which you prefer, but expecting a fill at the exact price requested at all times just shows the 'trader' shouldn't be trading because he/she doesn't understand the basic workings of the market. Trader should not expect guaranteed fills, ever. It is nonesense.
MarvinS said:
OK so if you are not guarenteed on an FX price with such a reputable market maker as FXCM why should one be guarenteed a price with an SB firm. Being a trade or a stop/limit order. I really do not understand. WS will endevour to offer a 1 pip instant execution spread during normal trading conditions, so why are traders so concerned with getting guarenteed trades before and after a figure? If WS price feed is as good as all the other SB firms and offer a 1 pip spread, my god why are you not trading. Again towing the company line...

Compliance and Risk warnings flashing in my face of course.

Regards
Marvin

FXSCALPER2 said:
People who always expect guaranteed fills at the price they want, at all times, do not know how the markets work. If you trade with an ECN, you will get slipped all the time trying to use market orders at fast times. You can get slipped or partialled quite a bit even at relatively quiet times. With retail brokers and SB, you get requoted or rejected. It is a matter of which you prefer, but expecting a fill at the exact price requested at all times just shows the 'trader' shouldn't be trading because he/she doesn't understand the basic workings of the market. Trader should not expect guaranteed fills, ever. It is nonesense.
I agree, this is the way the market works.
You have DMA and you have Market Makers, there are advantages and disadvantages with both business models. All retail Forex are Market Makers and all SB's are Market Makers. What is the difference between the two (except that one is taxable)? The quality of the service they provide of course, that is what sets them all apart. I think the quality of service differs in varying degrees between the Market Makers. I have had my own share of MM's, and some certainly do not live up to basic standards, on how they should operate on the financial market. I guess, this opinion also differs among clients, on what they consider to be basic standards for dealing with financial instruments, using their years of trading experience as a principal guideline.

After trading with quite a few of the Market Makers I can tell you, it is like day and night between some of them. There are real people behind each of them, the owners of these MM companies all have different backgrounds and goals they setup for the company, that reflect in which direction they want their company to progress and how they will go about reaching that goal.

MarvinS said:
Marvin, if you are talking about other retail Forex brokers, I have experienced bad fills. Not with WS as the worst you can get is a re-quote, and one has a choice to reject that offer. In fact a re-quote is to be preferred instead of a bad fill, the latter will put your position in a very bad situation.

Well if you win at FXCM for instance, by taking advantage of lagging quotes, they will certainly not like that at all. The speed of the feed is what matters, and very few, if any SB's are as fast as Worldspreads. If a SB has a fast feed there isn't much to take advantage of, resulting in lesser re-quotes. So it is my belief, that a fast feed is in the long run a win-win situation for all concerned, even if you are missing out on those easy wins due to lagging quotes.

Last edited:
FXSCALPER2 said:
This is not my experience with good Market Makers, if this occurs there is usually a reason for this, such as a lagging feed, that one takes advantage of too often, or high volatility during news releases. Not many SB's have 1 point spread. If there is a broker with 1 spread or less, I guess scalping can be restricted in some way or the other, usually through the user agreement. I am glad to notice Worldspreads has no such specific restrictions for short term traders, at least not as far as I can tell.

gle101 said:
Marvin, if you are talking about other retail Forex brokers, I have experienced bad fills. Not with WS as the worst you can get is a re-quote, and one has a choice to reject that offer. In fact a re-quote is to be preferred instead of a bad fill, the latter will put your position in a very bad situation.

Well if you win at FXCM for instance, by taking advantage of lagging quotes, they will certainly not like that at all. The speed of the feed is what matters, and very few, if any SB's are as fast as Worldspreads. If a SB has a fast feed there isn't much to take advantage of, resulting in lesser re-quotes. So it is my belief, that a fast feed is in the long run a win-win situation for all concerned, even if you are missing out on those easy wins due to lagging quotes.

This was the only answer i needed to why clients were coming from abroad and FXCM to use WS system at a 1 pip spread. I suppose with a broker like FXCM who charge 3 pips the abililty to day trade is great. How about that on a 1 pip spread scalpers are welcomed with a feed that is more robust than most SB firms.

Happy trading!

MarvinS said:
This was the only answer i needed to why clients were coming from abroad and FXCM to use WS system at a 1 pip spread. I suppose with a broker like FXCM who charge 3 pips the abililty to day trade is great. How about that on a 1 pip spread scalpers are welcomed with a feed that is more robust than most SB firms.

Happy trading!
Marvin, I am quite sure that WS with 1 point spread would have been flooded with applications from the US if spread betting was allowed over there. A sizable Forex broker like Oanda charges 1.5 pip spread, and is considered to be among the best. They have restrictions during news releases, and widen their spread considerably. As we know spread betting is tax free and that is also an advantage to consider when choosing a broker.

gle101 said:
Marvin, I am quite sure that WS with 1 point spread would have been flooded with applications from the US if spread betting was allowed over there. A sizable Forex broker like Oanda charges 1.5 pip spread, and is considered to be among the best. They have restrictions during news releases, and widen their spread considerably. As we know spread betting is tax free and that is also an advantage to consider when choosing a broker.

Gle, your promotion of WS is starting to get on my nerves, I don't know how others feel, but you are OTT as far as I am concerned.

Eddie

punter99 said:
Gle, your promotion of WS is starting to get on my nerves, I don't know how others feel, but you are OTT as far as I am concerned.

Eddie
Hi Eddie,

We all have our ways of expressing ourselves. I remember you asking me concerning WS in Ireland. I haven't seen you commenting on WS introduction of the new spreads in Ireland. You were kind of upset because you couldn't get the same kind of spread in Ireland as in the UK. Are you trading with WS in Ireland now?

Last edited:
It certainly is very very strange. It is very odd indeed for someone to go on promoting a place in which he has no vested interest. If that is really true, it is hard not to think gle is a bit deranged.
punter99 said:

Eddie

FXSCALPER2 said:
It certainly is very very strange. It is very odd indeed for someone to go on promoting a place in which he has no vested interest. If that is really true, it is hard not to think gle is a bit deranged.

Yes, it's pretty pointless having a thread which is now completely dominated by Worldspreads staff.

Perhaps T2W could offer a facility for members to vote to close these sort of threads?

Just IMHO
c6

c6ackp said:
Yes, it's pretty pointless having a thread which is now completely dominated by Worldspreads staff.

Perhaps T2W could offer a facility for members to vote to close these sort of threads?

Just IMHO
c6
I would be glad if some of you guys could post some interesting content that we could discuss. This thread holds a lot of interesting information not only about Worldspreads but trading issues in general.