Worldspreads upgraded!

gle,

You really have got to stop this promotion. It is annoying and rather pointless. In addition, you are doing untold damage to WS with your stuff because it just smells a bit funny. You may have nothing to do with WS (which would be really amazing), but perception is what matters and you are proving to be a PR disaster for these guys. They are good but not as good as you claim, and you are pushing it way too much.

I certainly would vote for this thread to be closed. It is just terrible.

gle101 said:
I would be glad if some of you guys could post some interesting content that we could discuss. This thread holds a lot of interesting information not only about Worldspreads but trading issues in general.

It helps a bit if you add people you don't want to read to your ignore list.

Unfortunately the thread still says they have posted, even though their post text is not displayed.

gc1 said:
It helps a bit if you add people you don't want to read to your ignore list.

Unfortunately the thread still says they have posted, even though their post text is not displayed.
How about a T2w award for most repetitive poster?

FXSCALPER2 said:
gle,

You really have got to stop this promotion. It is annoying and rather pointless. In addition, you are doing untold damage to WS with your stuff because it just smells a bit funny. You may have nothing to do with WS (which would be really amazing), but perception is what matters and you are proving to be a PR disaster for these guys. They are good but not as good as you claim, and you are pushing it way too much.

I certainly would vote for this thread to be closed. It is just terrible.
FXSCAPLER,

If you think Worldspreads is not that good, kindly explain why. And please base your analysis on facts instead of personal allegations.

gle101 said:
FXSCAPLER,

If you think Worldspreads is not that good, kindly explain why. And please base your analysis on facts instead of personal allegations.

Isn't that the problem - that all this thread has turned into is a restatement of two facts -a one pip spread is offered and that some FX shops run a book. Everything else seems to be personal opinion (is this different from allegations?) whether positive or negative. I don't post much, but enjoy reading the lively threads. This one has been strangled by the repetivie nature of some posts imho. Poor Marvin has hardly had anything to get his teeth into.

ns1000 said:
Isn't that the problem - that all this thread has turned into is a restatement of two facts -a one pip spread is offered and that some FX shops run a book. Everything else seems to be personal opinion (is this different from allegations?) whether positive or negative. I don't post much, but enjoy reading the lively threads. This one has been strangled by the repetivie nature of some posts imho. Poor Marvin has hardly had anything to get his teeth into.
I don't agree, there are a lot of good posts by many members on this thread. I would enjoy reading your posts if you decide to post some more, both concerning Worldspreads and other trading issues. Honestly, if you feel this thread is one sided why don't you post some content yourself instead of critizizing me personally? A forum is all about expressing one's opinion about related issues. Of course, a few posts might be considered as being too optimistic about some issue or the other. A two way conversation encourages dissent. This is usually addressed by posting a different opinion on the matter discussed, at least that is how it works on other forums that I am a member of.

gle101 said:
Hi Eddie,

We all have our ways of expressing ourselves. I remember you asking me concerning WS in Ireland. I haven't seen you commenting on WS introduction of the new spreads in Ireland. You were kind of upset because you couldn't get the same kind of spread in Ireland as in the UK. Are you trading with WS in Ireland now?

Gle, you take the biscuit with this post. I did NOT ask YOU anything about WS in Ireland. You have not seen me comment on the introduction of the new spreads on the Irish site because I did not know about them. I did email the Irish operation on Sunday night, asking if they were considering introducing 1 pip spreads on EUR/US$ and GBP/US$. I received the following reply yesterday afternoon:

"Eddie,
Unfortunately both Worldspreads (UK) and Worldspreads (Ire) are two different companies from a regulatory and administrative perspective.
Both firms’ promotional spreads are set completely independent of each other.
I hope this answers your query and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards
XXXXX XXXXX
Senior Trader"

It seems that a senior trader(who I have decided not to embarrass personally) of WS Ireland was not aware of the new 1 pip spreads yesterday afternoon, but you knew about them at 10.01pm last night - truly amazing! Are you the PR person for all WS international sites?

Eddie

punter99 said:
Gle, you take the biscuit with this post. I did NOT ask YOU anything about WS in Ireland. You have not seen me comment on the introduction of the new spreads on the Irish site because I did not know about them. I did email the Irish operation on Sunday night, asking if they were considering introducing 1 pip spreads on EUR/US$ and GBP/US$. I received the following reply yesterday afternoon:

"Eddie,
Unfortunately both Worldspreads (UK) and Worldspreads (Ire) are two different companies from a regulatory and administrative perspective.
Both firms’ promotional spreads are set completely independent of each other.
I hope this answers your query and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards
XXXXX XXXXX
Senior Trader"

It seems that a senior trader(who I have decided not to embarrass personally) of WS Ireland was not aware of the new 1 pip spreads yesterday afternoon, but you knew about them at 10.01pm last night - truly amazing! Are you the PR person for all WS international sites?

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

I noticed that Marvin had a post on this thread about Ireland upgrade a short while ago. Also please have a look at the post no. 64 in this thread, where you specifically ask me about the issue of spreads offered by Worldspreads in Ireland. I thought it would be appropriate to take it up with you now as you have been asking me about it.

gle101 said:
Hi Eddie,

I noticed that Marvin had a post on this thread about Ireland upgrade a short while ago. Also please have a look at the post no. 64 in this thread, where you specifically ask me about the issue of spreads offered by Worldspreads in Ireland. I thought it would be appropriate to take it up with you now as you have been asking me about it.

Gle, I can't find any post from Marvin regarding an upgrade of the Irish site, so how did you know about the change in spreads on the Irish site? perhaps an internal memo in WS????
This is what I asked you in post #64 "perhaps you could suggest why Marvin still has not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct". At no time did I ask you about the issue of spreads offered by WS in Ireland, so why do you think it appropriate to take it up with me now?

Eddie

punter99 said:
Gle, I can't find any post from Marvin regarding an upgrade of the Irish site, so how did you know about the change in spreads on the Irish site? perhaps an internal memo in WS????
This is what I asked you in post #64 "perhaps you could suggest why Marvin still has not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct". At no time did I ask you about the issue of spreads offered by WS in Ireland, so why do you think it appropriate to take it up with me now?

Eddie
Please have a look at Marvin's post no. 258 about the upgraded Worldspreads site in Ireland.

punter99 said:

Eddie
This is your post #64. In the post you mentioned the spreads as a crucial factor that you wished to discuss on this forum. For the record of this post here is the link to Worldspreads in Ireland. http://www.worldspreads.ie

"Gle, I admire your understanding, perhaps you could suggest why Marvin still has not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct, enquiring if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident. WS has an Irish site that offers spreads that could only be termed as outrageous. Maybe, I am better off not getting involved with a company that wears a coat of many colours.

Eddie"

Last edited:
c6ackp said:
Yes, it's pretty pointless having a thread which is now completely dominated by Worldspreads staff.

Perhaps T2W could offer a facility for members to vote to close these sort of threads?

Just IMHO
c6

Your comments are pointless.
Gle is not WS staff....

gle101 said:
This is your post #64. In the post you mentioned the spreads as a crucial factor that you wished to discuss on this forum. For the record of this post here is the link to Worldspreads in Ireland. http://www.worldspreads.ie

"Gle, I admire your understanding, perhaps you could suggest why Marvin still has not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct, enquiring if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident. WS has an Irish site that offers spreads that could only be termed as outrageous. Maybe, I am better off not getting involved with a company that wears a coat of many colours.

Eddie"
Gle, 3 points here
1. Thank you for the reference to posts #258 and #259. I completely missed reading them and apologise for comments made as a result of my ignorance. In my defence, I looked at WS.ie site on Sunday night, the EUR/US$ spread was 3 pips and I accepted (incorrectly) that it was the same during market hours, as that is what is stated on their market information page. Consequently, I emailed them asking if they were considering a reduction to 1 pip, like their UK operation. The uninformed reply from WS.ie reinforced my misunderstanding.
2. You seem to have difficulty understanding my post #64. I asked you, if you could suggest why Marvin still had not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct. My question on 25th Oct was to Marvin, enquiring if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident. You claim to be a client of WS and not an employee, therefore I would not have any reason to ask you if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident.
3. The answer to your question, enquiring if I am trading with WS.ie is: No, if they maintain a 1 pip spread for some months I certainly will open an account with them. The reason for my hesitation is the reference to promotional spreads in the email from WS.ie

Eddie

punter99 said:
Gle, 3 points here
1. Thank you for the reference to posts #258 and #259. I completely missed reading them and apologise for comments made as a result of my ignorance. In my defence, I looked at WS.ie site on Sunday night, the EUR/US$ spread was 3 pips and I accepted (incorrectly) that it was the same during market hours, as that is what is stated on their market information page. Consequently, I emailed them asking if they were considering a reduction to 1 pip, like their UK operation. The uninformed reply from WS.ie reinforced my misunderstanding.
2. You seem to have difficulty understanding my post #64. I asked you, if you could suggest why Marvin still had not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct. My question on 25th Oct was to Marvin, enquiring if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident. You claim to be a client of WS and not an employee, therefore I would not have any reason to ask you if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident.
3. The answer to your question, enquiring if I am trading with WS.ie is: No, if they maintain a 1 pip spread for some months I certainly will open an account with them. The reason for my hesitation is the reference to promotional spreads in the email from WS.ie

Eddie
Thank you for your clarification.

punter99 said:
Gle, 3 points here

Eddie

Eddie,

I have responded to your question earlier! Simple pick up the phone and give us a call or send me a message. We are not Monsters on the phone that inflict Polonium 210 on our clients.

Marvin

MarvinS said:
Eddie,

I have responded to your question earlier! Simple pick up the phone and give us a call or send me a message. We are not Monsters on the phone that inflict Polonium 210 on our clients.

Marvin

spend some money on real ad. please leave t2w alone. why dont u call your firm sb for mugs.

spend some money on real ad. please leave t2w alone. why dont u call your firm sb for mugs.

Hi,

Changing the subject for a minute... I have noticed a problem when running Worldspreads from IE 6.0 in that it seems to gradually use up more and more memory (memory usage stats on Windows Task Manager, starts at 40-50K, and gradually increases over an hour or so to 200-300K) if I leave it running with the deal ticket window open. If I close this periodically and switch menu options and then go back it tends to clear down (alternatively I close & re-open the browser). I first noticed it when trying to figure out why my PC tended to slow down at periodic intervals (when more memory is used it increases the amount of paging to disk if you don't have much memory which can impact on performance).

Has anyone else noticed this? Marvin is this a problem you are aware of?

qmpma1 said:
Hi,

Changing the subject for a minute... I have noticed a problem when running Worldspreads from IE 6.0 in that it seems to gradually use up more and more memory (memory usage stats on Windows Task Manager, starts at 40-50K, and gradually increases over an hour or so to 200-300K) if I leave it running with the deal ticket window open. If I close this periodically and switch menu options and then go back it tends to clear down (alternatively I close & re-open the browser). I first noticed it when trying to figure out why my PC tended to slow down at periodic intervals (when more memory is used it increases the amount of paging to disk if you don't have much memory which can impact on performance).

Has anyone else noticed this? Marvin is this a problem you are aware of?
I have two computers. On one of them, I have noticed the problem that you mentioned. On the one I am using to trade, no such problem has occurred. I am using Firefox. It has to do with allocation of memory that should be freed while accessing new information. I suggest that you try Firefox or Opera instead and see if there is any change. If this doesn't work you can try to allocate more memory in the OS. I will send you a PM if you don't know how how to do this and in case, switching browsers doesn't work out for you. There is also a possibility of a hardware problem.