With IB or Berkeley what choice of options do you get?

aparoid89

I had a quick look on IB and it seemed like the choice was very limited. For each of the ftse 100 companies you only had one choice of option. Is it different if you get an account?

For example I want to trade different periods and at different prices.

I had a quick look on IB and it seemed like the choice was very limited. For each of the ftse 100 companies you only had one choice of option. Is it different if you get an account?

For example I want to trade different periods and at different prices.

I think you should take a look at this thread.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/futures-options/209994-options-broker-all-ftse-markets.html

Options are not traded on AIM for sure and maybe only a handful of FTSE250 if any.

I trade mine through Andy Bibby at Berkeley Futures, not the cheapest in the world but by far the best service.

I left IB as they simply just don't want to speak to you and I suppose that is how they keep comms so low.

If an option isn`t offered by IB I doubt it is liquid. If an option isn`t liquid I wouldn`t trade it.

I trade options on DAX, FTSE 100 index and equities and some of the US stocks all online through Berkeley.

Not sure why you would only be allowed to do one option. On the platform today I am can see all the way from 5000 to 6500 in January in calls and puts.

I have been doing quite well with the DAX and FTSE index options recently. Have a chat with Andy Bibby, he will help you.