wireless connection strenght is poor

tonyjai

my router is situated in my sisters room. my room is three walls away. sometimes the signal is poor and sometimes its ok. sometimes i have 3 out of the 5 bar in the signal strength measure. sometimes just two.

are there any software that can improve my wireless card? thanks

tonyjai said:
my router is situated in my sisters room. my room is three walls away. sometimes the signal is poor and sometimes its ok. sometimes i have 3 out of the 5 bar in the signal strength measure. sometimes just two.

are there any software that can improve my wireless card? thanks

What kind of router do you have, and how many terminals do you have in your wireless network setup ? :idea:

Ive found it doesnt seem to effect performace that much even if the signal is poor.

Does it seem slower to you?

1) The low signal strength may or may not be affecting your connectivity.
2) Make sure you use a Wireless Router that has two Aerials and uses Diversity. I recommend Linksys but have had problems with DLInk
3) Make sure your PCs adaptor is from the same Manufacturer as the Router and also uses Diversity.
4) Make sure all the firmware is up to date on all Wireless devices.

If you want the best coverage and throughput then use Cisco kit. I have tested just about every brand on the market and nothing comes close to Cisco for coverage and throughput. The Cisco kit offers 100% better throughput than most cheap brands (around 6 megabit/sec sustained)

JonnyT

does anyone know if you can get wireless all over the uk coverage for a monthly inclusive price not the 3g price per mg! :rolleyes:

i have the belkin 54g router-2 terminals attacked to the router.

sometimes slower, sometimes ok

jimmy1 said:
does anyone know if you can get wireless all over the uk coverage for a monthly inclusive price not the 3g price per mg! :rolleyes:

I looked into this just before Xmas. I was really looking for wireless broadband (not wireless network), a service which I'm pretty sure is available in Germany; but to no avail in this country as of yet. T-mobile do have an all inclusive service costing £70 a month if my memory serves me correctly. Have look at their website for more details. NB, this is about the same as normal dial up speed. However, technology is advancing apace and things may have changed. It looks like I'm restricted to dial up speed only from the various hotel rooms I inhabit around the place for a while to come.

Trading Via Laptop / 3g Card

Hi,

Wondering if anyone uses a laptop and a 3G card to trade in evening ?
I have BT Broadband at home, but spend a lot of Mon-Fri evening time in hotel rooms.

I am considering using esignal and Interactive Brokers via Dell Inspiron laptop and Vodafone 3G card to trade forex - wondering if anyone does similar ?

Be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks,
Gwenallt.