Wireless adapter card for this laptop

breadman

Established member
Hello All,

I am looking to buy a laptop but just need a question answered as my computer knowledge is limited, under the section Wireless connectivity solutions is it saying that a wireless adapter is already installed.

Thanks,

Breadman

The Inspiron 630m provides the ultimate entertainment and ownership experience in a thin and light form factor. It offers mobility without sacrificing excellent performance and entertainment capabilities.

The eye-catching, stylish Artic Silver and Alpine White design incorporates an 5-in-1 flash card reader as well as front-access multimedia buttons for conveniently controlling Audio CDs or DVDs. Even connecting all your digital multimedia devices is easy with the Inspiron 630m. It comes with a standard S-Video (TV-Out) port, IEEE 1394 (Firewire), and four built-in USB 2.0 interfaces.

Mobile computing has never been easier!

Processor: Intel® CentrinoTM Mobile Technology: up to Intel® Pentium® M Processor 780 (2.26 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB), Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200 (802.11b/g) network connection and Intel® 915GM chipset (with Intel® GMA 900TM integrated graphics)
Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
Genuine Windows® XP Professional
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Display: Stunning viewing area with the 14.1" Wide aspect, displays WXGA (1280 x 800) and WXGA (1280 x 800) with True Life
Video Graphics: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900TM integrated graphics with up to 128MB shared system memory
Wireless Connectivity Solutions: Integrated Dual-Band (802.11 a/b) antenna. Integrated Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 (802.11b/g) or 2915 (802.11a/b/g) network connections. The Dell Wireless 350 integrated Bluetooth 2.0 wireless solution is available at time of purchase only
Design: Artic Silver and Alpine White design incorporating an 5-1 flash memory card reader and front-access multimedia buttons
Memory: Up to 2GB of 533 MHz DDR 2 SDRAM provides for excellent overall system performance
Optical drives: Your choice of CD-RW/DVD Combo drive or 8x DVD+/-RW2(supports double layer technology3 )
Software: Microsoft® Works including Works word processor, spreadsheet, database, calendar and My Projects organiser
Weight: Starting from 2.5 kg with CD-RW/DVD Combo drive and 6-Cell Battery

Yeah think you are ok mate, wife bought inspiron 2200 few months back happily connects to wireless broadband (bt for us with their hub £10.00 i think now,2wire 1800 HG) here with its pre installed wireless adapter for broadband.

bluetooth upgrade I assume is for connecting with bluetooth hardware, not needed however if you want to goggle T2W and stuff from your patio... etc.

works fine, wife and 2 kids thrash about on it still going well all over the house....

Ohh and we got the laptop before the broadband upgrade came to the village so those wireless adapter cards already installed, not requested by us, must be standard now..

Wireless Connectivity Solutions: Integrated Dual-Band (802.11 a/b) antenna. Integrated Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 (802.11b/g) or 2915 (802.11a/b/g) network connections.

Wireless ready and raring to go. :)