Winter blues Trading 2011/12

ok, I'm going to have a little play.

FTSE has been woefully weak vs DOW for last couple of days - prob that flippin' Greek referendum - so I'm gonna anticipate a bit of strength coming back.

long FTSE @ 5404 and if it goes backwards I'll hedge with DOW short

Barjon, greeks are the best, managed to get the rest of Europe to wipe off half their debt. Good for them!!

pretty much the same trade as me split, although i got in a little earlier and on ej instead of e/$

Quick question? Do you still trade reversals off previous days highs/lows or do u stick to what youve just done today?

No, I don't use previous day stuff. Maybe I should. I have been trading off averages but, right now, I am eye.balling the chart, deciding on direction and entering on some strength.

Here's my chart.

Attachments

• Dibujo 1.jpg
    Dibujo 1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 130
pretty much the same trade as me split, although i got in a little earlier and on ej instead of e/$

Quick question? Do you still trade reversals off previous days highs/lows or do u stick to what youve just done today?

Just eye-balling for trend direction worked for me with the Swissy, yesterday, too,although I traded nothing in actual fact. If you look at the Swiss/USD chart over a week the trend has been rising since Friday. No horizontal lines or averages needed.

yep,that was a bad deal,whos next, Spain. Portugal, Ireland they'll be cuing up

I hope that Spain keeps clear of having to come to Europe for help, Things are bad enough here, already. I went to a family birthday party last Saturday. Two architects are seriously worried, one with two kids at uni. One is a teacher who tells me that there are more pupils and fewer teachers all the time. One nurse who tells me that, although she is ok, at present, they are laying off doctors.

In all, there is, now, a 20.6% unemployment rate.

I hope that Spain keeps clear of having to come to Europe for help, Things are bad enough here, already. I went to a family birthday party last Saturday. Two architects are seriously worried, one with two kids at uni. One is a teacher who tells me that there are more pupils and fewer teachers all the time. One nurse who tells me that, although she is ok, at present, they are laying off doctors.

In all, there is, now, a 20.6% unemployment rate.

wow that's serious,there are long term solutions and Im sure it will be ok. if it did come to spain defaulting it may not be a bad thing. The whole financial situation needs looking at imho. A solution all round is needed,by bailing out greece they have sort of set a benchmark and even put funds aside for who ever is next. everyone's problem should have been looked at as a general picture,not just one country

Barjon, greeks are the best, managed to get the rest of Europe to wipe off half their debt. Good for them!!

:LOL: aye, nice work if you can do it.

A referendum though, cor blimey, it like the MPs having a free vote as to whether to cut their salaries.

jon

ps: trade and hedge around flat at moment - will keep them going

ej failed to make a LL before coming back up so target put in at 106.84

Closed at 1.3671. I don't think that I should have but I need to go for a walk. I trade mostly FT and Forex and its volatility is new to me. I'll come back to it, later.

Guys,can any of you confrim that Paul homes,talking on goats thread is our dearly beloved swanny

i was clearly wrong about swissy.Looks like that big move in euro after greek deal was a massive clearout before downmove

i was clearly wrong about swissy.Looks like that big move in euro after greek deal was a massive clearout before downmove

When I was thinking long on Swissy, yesterday, I was not looking at the fundamentals, but the chart but, if one thinks about it, the Swiss franc has to be one of the safe havens in currencies, doesn't it? Those getting out of the dollar, pound and euro would be looking to CHF. I wonder how Norway is managing?