Winter blues Trading 2011/12

Vaco

Its always around this time each year that I am drawn back in to staring at charts, dreaming of making $$$$$$$ and moving to a warmer climate, no dobt by the time the warm weather returns i will have blown up several small accounts and have lost all interest!

In the meantime I thought i would start a live trade/setup discussion thread to pass the time whilst i'm waiting for my 15min bars to form their little patterns which i will percieve as an edge and act upon.

I'll start off short usd/chf .8711 20 pip stop.

Hope to see some old friends turn up and make some new ones. (God I'm sad:cry:)

Its always around this time each year that I am drawn back in to staring at charts, dreaming of making $$$$$$$ and moving to a warmer climate, no dobt by the time the warm weather returns i will have blown up several small accounts and have lost all interest!

In the meantime I thought i would start a live trade/setup discussion thread to pass the time whilst i'm waiting for my 15min bars to form their little patterns which i will percieve as an edge and act upon.

good to see you back Vince,I was thinking of doing a similar thread myself,but may do a journal and call on yours,good luck

Yes, it's been a long time. Nice to get you back.

I don't trade much forex but here we go. Firstly, I have to decide my direction. I'm choosing up, although it's paper trading, for me, on this one.

Yes, it's been a long time. Nice to get you back.

I don't trade much forex but here we go. Firstly, I have to decide my direction. I'm choosing up, although it's paper trading, for me, on this one.

there all coming out of the woodwork now, all we need now is some multinics to get past the mods and it can be just like the good old days!

Split I think I'll frame that call best one were likely to get on this thread, just be sure to let us know which pair once its good for a few hundred:p

Think were the only old names that havn't been banned (the shame of it are we soooo boring):eek:

The ones that have been banned,never called a live trade, I rest my case:) Im sure the mad scotsman will pop in soon

The ones that have been banned,never called a live trade, I rest my case:)

Yes they did! they just had really bad internet connections on their private islands so suffered from severe lag, not their fault the calls looked late.:LOL:

hi vacs - nice to see you :)

go on - i'll play
just long on ftse 5630

jon

Nice to see you Barjon, I see you have your secret mod filter up and running which flagged this thread whin i typed 'Mods'

One of the milder conspiricy theories aimed at you!

Market feels slower then I remember it which can only mean one of 2 things

1.My account is very small
2. My risk per trade is very small

I'm sure i'll fix one of those after i've had a run of several winning trades:clap:

In the meantime I 'm off for a nap, still working nights and i've got to be up up for the school run later on.

chat later chaps.

:LOL: always keep an eye out for old friends, but it's a nice change to see the same passport - most have a drawer full :)

just before I go, heres a chart of what i was looking at.

Attachments

• setup trade 1.gif
    setup trade 1.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 222
trade 2 short eur/jpy sl 109.79

Attachments

• setup trade 2.gif
    setup trade 2.gif
    21 KB · Views: 159