Will a 98% of the time winner be banned

bigfind

Hi
Would somebody who won 98% of the time be banned by a spreadbetting company.
And if not could anybody recommend a good reputable spreadbetting firm that allows trade in the DJIA

Cheers

nice try BIG
but i think u will find the wily old buggers old T2W have got you sussed already
goodbye

bundbaby said:
nice try BIG
but i think u will find the wily old buggers old T2W have got you sussed already
goodbye

Sorry bundbaby, I don't understand.
It's a genuine question

bigfind said:
Hi
And if not could anybody recommend a good reputable spreadbetting firm that allows trade in the DJIA

Cheers

Not if they lost more the 2% of times they lost than the 98% of times they won :)

Ok I will induldge you as this sounds fun.

Bigfind, do you know someone who has a 98% success rate?

bundbaby said:
Ok I will induldge you as this sounds fun.

Bigfind, do you know someone who has a 98% success rate?

Yes
Last 158 trades only 2 lost

3300 points profit

Paper trading. Now I want to cash in for real

bundbaby said:
Wow Bigfind! what is your secret?
That would be telling, but I am really really excited about this.
Do you reckon a trader like this would end up getting banned

bigfind said:
Yes

3300 points profit

Try it with real money and feel the difference before you say you are 98% successful

bigfind said:
Hi

Cheers

Why worry? If you get banned move to a different Broker and if they make life difficult for you move to Direct Access and trade YM futures (mini Dow)

Being banned is the least of your worrys however real trading is different to paper trading as i'm sure you know emotions enter the game.

Racer said:
Try it with real money and feel the difference before you say you are 98% successful
Yes I totally understand that, but I have a whole lot of confidence in my system

Racer, dont be a spoil sport, lets hear this out, its better than Elizabeth 1st (currently screening on C4)

schoe said:
Why worry? If you get banned move to a different Broker and if they make life difficult for you move to Direct Access and trade YM futures (mini Dow)

Being banned is the least of your worrys however real trading is different to paper trading as i'm sure you know emotions enter the game.

Whats direct access.

bigfind said:
Yes

3300 points profit

IF you can maintain that with your own hard earned cash then I salute you! You will find that once you are looking @ a screen & the market has turned against you (and it always does to everyone) your emotions will take over and you will cut your losses rather than wait to see if the market corrects itself. I am not saying you will not become one of the 5% of Traders who make more than they lose but be very aware that trading with ones own money is a deadly serious business. Start out very small and work your way up from there.

Try http://www.igindex.co.uk/ as their liquidity is huge. They will also let you trade no matter how much money you make from them.

However, when you get flagged to any SB company as a consistent winner they all tamper/delay your trades. Do a search on these forums and you will find horror stories about many of them.

Good luck.

Last edited:
bigfind said:
Whats direct access.

Its trading the futures contract which is based on the Dow and has a spread of 1 you can trade this through futures brokers such as www.interactivebrokers.co.uk

Do a search on here and you will find lots of information on direct access the downsides are you pay a small fee of about $5.20 per round turn per contract. ( buy and sell) and you will pay tax on earnings.

Spread betting has a larger spread of about four points on the Dow but is tax free.

Greed Is Good said:
IF you can maintain that with your own hard earned cash then I salute you! You will find that once you are looking @ a screen & the market has turned against you (and it always does to everyone) your emotions will take over and you will cut your losses rather than wait to see if the market corrects itself. I am not saying you will not become once of the 5% of Traders who make more than they lose but be very aware that trading with ones own money is a deadly serious business. Start out very small and work your way up from there.

Try http://www.igindex.co.uk/ as their liquidity is huge. They will also let you trade no matter how much money you make from them.

However, when you get flagged to any SB company as a consistent winner they all tamper/delay your trades. Do a search on these forums and you will find horror stories about many of them.

Good luck.

Thanks, very wise advice, I intend to start small and build up. i intend to make a trade and walk away, using a stop loss, that way i can't be temted to duck out.
About igindex.co.uk you reckon they won't tamper

"Do you reckon a trader like this would end up getting banned" ...I wouldn't be too worried about this ;) ..If you can wait a short while I'll set up a SB company and guarantee you won't be banned ...opportunites like this don't come around everyday ;) In fact if there are any other paper traders out there with similar success records pleaseeeee feel free to make yourselves known.....I think I'll call the company ....Fleec'em Inc

Apologies for being facetious..to make up for it can I direct you to a topic known has perceptual bias..read everything you can about that before you trade ..it will be time well spent and money left in your bank.