Why are so few people on here willing to live-call their trades??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told once because they make so much money that it's a bit too embarrassing to show proof they are doing it.

I was told once because they make so much money that it's a bit too embarrassing to show proof they are doing it.

Thanks for bringing that point up, I was wondering when you would.

Nevertheless, "they" include many people and not all are making a lot of money. I
don't make a lot of money and I think that I would make a lot less if I had to post my actions live. It's doing two jobs at the same time, I've done two or three but an unable to keep it up, conscientiously.

Well done to those who can and do, day after day.

Thanks for bringing that point up, I was wondering when you would.

Nevertheless, "they" include many people and not all are making a lot of money. I
don't make a lot of money and I think that I would make a lot less if I had to post my actions live. It's doing two jobs at the same time, I've done two or three but an unable to keep it up, conscientiously.

Well done to those who can and do, day after day.

Good for you to be honest about it. I guess at a certain age, winning and loosing is no longer such a big deal. It's not like you can take it with you :). I have to admit posting on forums do mess up my trades occasionally from division of concentration. In fact I am sitting on the consequence of one from yesterday.

But the obvious point for people to note is that if you don't make a claim, nobody will care or need to know how you achieved it, or if you are in fact achieving it. But some people like to go around saying I am making this last week, last, month, last year, blah, blah, but no I am not going to show any indication I can do what I say because I don't care what you think. If you don't care what we think then why tell us you are making this that, or the other ?

Good for you to be honest about it. I guess at a certain age, winning and loosing is no longer such a big deal. It's not like you can take it with you :). I have to admit posting on forums do mess up my trades occasionally from division of concentration. In fact I am sitting on the consequence of one from yesterday.

But the obvious point for people to note is that if you don't make a claim, nobody will care or need to know how you achieved it, or if you are in fact achieving it. But some people like to go around saying I am making this last week, last, month, last year, blah, blah, but no I am not going to show any indication I can do what I say because I don't care what you think. If you don't care what we think then why tell us you are making this that, or the other ?

I think you go too far, young man! It's not that I don't care, because then I would consider it stupid to trade. I like to make money, like the next man. That I can't take it with me is a pity :cry:---but someone in the family will have it!:)

So many thousands of people on this site /QUOTE]

Spanish, Just broke your quote down, the site advertises 288K members, if you look who's on line you will be lucky to see over 100 members here any one time. The figure is flawed, you register, but can't de-register, so there are significantly more "users" registered who actually don't bother with the site anymore. It would be more helpful if the figure quoted was members active over the last three months, within that group there will be a few, which are willing to do Live trade and Calls.

I do live calls as and when, its not my priority.:)

probably get banned now :whistling

Last edited:
I think you go too far, young man! It's not that I don't care, because then I would consider it stupid to trade. I like to make money, like the next man. That I can't take it with me is a pity :cry:---but someone in the family will have it!:)

I know you are a good old fashioned real gent, split. I'd never ask you for a statement or live calls. You are a verified trader by default in my book.

Just that for a lot of others, I find there would be a lot of lulz to be had by putting them under pressure.

Nobody is asking people to do live trades or show statements for everything they do. If they really know how to play the game, then occasionally showing a hand is really no big deal. Nobody is going to gain or lose anything from that. Instead, everyone will feel connected knowing we are all in this game together and that we are dealing with people who knows, to some degree, how to play the game.

Here's yesterday's trade fork-up I mentioned earlier owing to trading and forum use at the same time. It had been fully recovered and returned a 1.5% account growth. I may look to go back long again at some point after I have a rest from this and if a good pull back materialises.

To the critics jumping up and down saying "Oh look, he's only posting winners !", well tough t*tties. I love my winners and pips gained or regained, so I post them up.

159396d1364914428-why-so-few-people-here-willing-live-call-their-trades-recover.jpg

Attachments

• recover.jpg
    recover.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:
Here's one short the Dow now
and safer still at 14,710

can't say whether it will win or not though with NFP this wk

could also long Gold (for a bounce)

. . . It had been fully recovered and returned a 1.5% account growth.
Hi BJ,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that you average into many of your trades - not all of them perhaps - but a fair few? Am I right about that and, if so, what risk management measures do you have in place in case the market doesn't play ball and continues to move against you? Unlike a lot of T2W members, I'm okay with the idea of averaging into trades - so it's a serious question and I'm not going to give you - or anyone else for that matter - a hard time for doing it.
;)
Tim.

Hi BJ,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that you average into many of your trades - not all of them perhaps - but a fair few? Am I right about that and, if so, what risk management measures do you have in place in case the market doesn't play ball and continues to move against you? Unlike a lot of T2W members, I'm okay with the idea of averaging into trades - so it's a serious question and I'm not going to give you - or anyone else for that matter - a hard time for doing it.
;)
Tim.

I am still developing my risk management. Averaging is risk management. I look at the fundamentals for major risks. But if an unscheduled meteorite hits and blows up the forex market tomorrow, I guess I will get cleaned up. But then again I could be short by coincidence.

My only pet peeve is those people who stop by Flash's thread, claim they are better than everyone else or everyone there sucks or whatever, but then refuse to call a trade to show us how its done. :rolleyes:

Peter

Agreed. It's happened too many times that an individual claims to be able to trade, but it's really just to sell a service.

------

As for the 2% figure, I'm more of the opinion that .5% is the max. Couple losers on the trot on 2% is a lot of money...

er, I dont see you calling live trades BBB. Calling a trade a and leaving it until it goes right is hardly a live call. I have no problem if thats how you trade but who is ever going to believe you,oh and happy easter

I live-call all my trades in my journal,
plus i live-called all my trades in that thread that you started too last week... :cool:

Im not sure how ''Posting few seconds after you enter a trade what your entry price is, posting what your target level is set at,
and then posting just after you exit at whatever price you exit'' doesn't constitute as as ''live-calling''?? :LOL::rolleyes:

You trade in an extremely impatient way and gamble far too much by just punting and gambling small/medium amount of money on multiple trades each day which you endup taking losses on because they didn't go instantly in the direction you wanted.

Out of interest, why is this nonsense?

The ''only risk 2%'' is nonsense and meaningless as it doesn't take into account how much capital the person actually has.. :)

If you have £100,000 then yes you could trade at approx £4-5 per point & with max risk of £2,000 per trade,
however if you have a 5k account or lower than 2% will just not work.

You also need to focus a huge amount less on how much you are theoretically risking per trade,
and instead focus a huge amount more on why the f**k are you even making that trade at that price if you do not have extremely strong conviction in that price?? ;)

Until you make the trade youare risking £0, and so people would be far far mre profitable if they focus more on building extreme patience before entering any trades.

The ''only risk 2%'' is nonsense and meaningless as it doesn't take into account how much capital the person actually has.. :)

If you have £100,000 then yes you could trade at approx £4-5 per point & with max risk of £2,000 per trade,
however if you have a 5k account or lower than 2% will just not work.

You also need to focus a huge amount less on how much you are theoretically risking per trade,
and instead focus a huge amount more on why the f**k are you even making that trade at that price if you do not have extremely strong conviction in that price?? ;)

Until you make the trade youare risking £0, and so people would be far far mre profitable if they focus more on building extreme patience before entering any trades.

You talk about patience, and I agree with the sentiment. But equally one could say, if you only have 5K, and it isn't enough to risk a sensible amount on a trade, then be more patient and don't take the trade. I don't think it's a good idea to warp the money management because you're undercapitalised. That doesn't sound like you're being patient at all.

So many thousands of people on this site act like they are very skilled at consistently making money every week from trading,
but so why are there less than a dozen people on here who actually live-call all their trades inadvance?? :?::devilish:

Everyone spouts the same copy n pasted 'text-book' nonsense of ''only risk 2% per trade, use tigh stoplosses, set very high risk:reward ratios for every trade, trade in the direction that the market been moving for last few days... ect'',
but yet none of these same people who claim to be skilled and experts at trading are actually willing to live-call their trades on here... :LOL::rolleyes::whistling

Are you the wife of 15mintlb's billionaire brother from africa :love: :LOL:
Its like a revolving door...as one leaves another arrives :whistling

Answering the question - I automate.
I'm not present to call live trades and personally
have nothing to gain from doing so.
Hats of to those that do though (y)

You talk about patience, and I agree with the sentiment. But equally one could say, if you only have 5K, and it isn't enough to risk a sensible amount on a trade, then be more patient and don't take the trade. I don't think it's a good idea to warp the money management because you're undercapitalised. That doesn't sound like you're being patient at all.

5k is way more than enough to generate a huge amount of profit if you are skillfull and experienced enough at trading.. :)

I turned 2.5k into almost 6k in under 2weeks last week (all trades live-called in my journal on this site).
Have been doing similar with lower amount of starting capital for the last 6years now! :whistling

And so you dont need more than a few thousand pounds starting capital if you know what you're doing/

The way i view it is quite simply-

Why the f**k do you put more money into your trading account than you are actually willing to use??!! :?::!:

It seems very foolish and stupid to me why you would stick £30,000 cash into your trading account when you are only willing to actually lose £600 max.

Why not just only put £1,200 into you account and risk 50% of it per trade??

As overall you are still only risking that exact same £600,
however unlike the impatient gamblers on this site such as lord flasheart who take dozens of medium size losses per day due to making foolish trades just for the sake of it,
if you only have £1,200 in your account you will be extremely much more careful, focused and discretionary on what trade you make and what entry level you take,
as you will only have 1-2 shots and so you wont waste them. (y)

Yup the revolving door of f**ktards is back in business :rolleyes:
This place seems to hold the same attraction for tards as sh1t does for flies :LOL:

Yup the revolving door of f**ktards is back in business :rolleyes:
This place seems to hold the same attraction for tards as sh1t does for flies :LOL:

If you don't want to show a trade, then don't show. There's no need to be so aggressive. I suspect BigBootyBabe probably hit something sensitive there.

I think you need to re-examine your trading approach. It is clearly affecting your mood in a detrimental way. In one thread, you want to ban me. In another you call people names. Calm down. It's only money and they are not that hard to make if you find the correct approach.

Last edited:
:cheesy:
So many thousands of people on this site act like they are very skilled at consistently making money every week from trading,
but so why are there less than a dozen people on here who actually live-call all their trades inadvance?? :?::devilish:

Everyone spouts the same copy n pasted 'text-book' nonsense of ''only risk 2% per trade, use tigh stoplosses, set very high risk:reward ratios for every trade, trade in the direction that the market been moving for last few days... ect'',
but yet none of these same people who claim to be skilled and experts at trading are actually willing to live-call their trades on here... :LOL::rolleyes::whistling

Well, 99.5% of all members here are net losers, so why would they want to look more stupid than they already feel?? You're left with 0.5% if you're good at maths, and when you need to keep improving your trading each day just to remain where you are, there really isn't the motivation or time to post live calls, unless you're doing some kind of personal challenge :whistling to show people that it can be done, but just not the way they think.

GTTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.