Why are so few people on here willing to live-call their trades??

Status
Not open for further replies.
you miss the point again.your trades are not live unless all parts are stated,no one asked you to call live and I certainly dont expect people to call live,there are a million reasons why not,but dont kid yourself

you miss the point again.your trades are not live unless all parts are stated

Seriously how much of a newbie are you mate??! :eek::p:LOL:

There are dozens of different styles of trade execution,
and many of them DO NOT have every single element of the trade done as pre-set fixed orders. :cheesy:(y)

You personally may enter all your entire trade size at the 1st market price you see,
exit all your trades through stop-loss orders at the worst market price of the day, or use a pre-set limit-order to exit trades,
but the majority of traders do not trade like that! :smart::whistling

They instead; invest longterm, only enter 1/3 of their trade at the 1st price and SCALE the other 2/3s in to get better prices, use trailing stoplosses, exit trades manually instead of limit-orders, trade reversals instead of being a trend-chaser like you, enter stoplosses only once their ENTIRE trade size has been executed into the market... ect

You really are just a clueless newbie though as you seem to think that the money-losing impatient gambling method that you use to trade is the 1 and only method in the world, and is the best method out there,
when based on your returns it clearly is crap and sucks compared to most others! :LOL:

If you want to learn about other trading styles and methods, especially Reversal-Traders, then read this and try to learn something-

Scaling In - Definition of the Trading Term Scaling In
Which Is Better? Traders Or Faders?

Research the method that Jim Rogers (the best trader in the world) uses! :cheesy:
(He averages-in to all of his trades, and uses stoplosses in the exact same style as me)

Alright, I would like to issue a call for civility here. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

I'm especially looking at you, BBB. Please be respectful when responding to others.

You might argue that the no nude images rule was made on the grounds of public decency, but I'd stake my life on the fact that certain behaviors are regulated and policed purely for commercial considerations.

Bit off-topic, but worth replying to... Hare, I can assure you that having had a look at some of the scenes behind T2W as a new mod, the forum is indeed policed for the sake of public decency.

The only times the top brass would step in is for legal reasons as they have stated many times. Steve has so far being entirely true to his word as far as I am concerned. If you would like to pursue this discussion, we can do so in the community forum.

It just wouldn't run ahead of JPY interest rate decision. So, exited for >6% account growth. The high water mark in the day was 10% growth.

159442d1365017741-why-so-few-people-here-willing-live-call-their-trades-exit.jpg

Attachments

• exit.jpg
    exit.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 590
With call outs being all the rage, so let's have at 'em !!! Of course, not being a pot-shoter, this may not be the entirety of the trade.

159448d1365022877-why-so-few-people-here-willing-live-call-their-trades-callout.jpg

Attachments

• callout.jpg
    callout.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 549
Anyone else planning on Buying the CHF/EUR hard at 1.2086/68 if Draghi weakens euro tomorrow with his speech/dow tanks and takes euro with it?? :D
(Stoploss 1.197/ target 1.2326)

With call outs being all the rage, so let's have at 'em !!! Of course, not being a pot-shoter, this may not be the entirety of the trade.

159448d1365022877-why-so-few-people-here-willing-live-call-their-trades-callout.jpg

Closed for 2% account growth on JPY interest rate decision. My position goes through transformation in the process of trading. So the call out is not too useful other than to indicate the instrument and direction of trade. The position price and size varies according to situation.

I decided to not to run this one since reputation is on the line with the live call out. 2% account growth is plenty good. A sure win in the bag is better than a big win in the hope.

159464d1365051126-why-so-few-people-here-willing-live-call-their-trades-closed.jpg

Attachments

• closed.jpg
    closed.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
I call this kind of move bollox. I am going to sleep on it and see what happens when I wake up. Night, night pips.

159466d1365053317-why-so-few-people-here-willing-live-call-their-trades-bollox.jpg

Attachments

• bollox.jpg
    bollox.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 547
It was bollox. Knocked out on margin closure for 56% account contraction.

OUCH.
That's a hefty loss for 1 trade series. I'm scratching my head why you would let the account get margined instead of using a stop loss.

Peter

OUCH.
That's a hefty loss for 1 trade series. I'm scratching my head why you would let the account get margined instead of using a stop loss.

Peter

It's not that big an ouch. I made some very rapid broad-based 80-90% account growth gains recently. So over-confidence and gambling set in.

I don't use stops. Obviously that's a problem while I sleep. I would have faired better had I been awake.

But, it's all part of working out the kinks in my strategy. I knew it was bit of a gamble before I went to sleep, and I knew the margin would kick in if it went wrong.

The trade did meet my analysis for taking a tentative position. But in a seismic event like this, everything went out of the window. Also I had to go sleep. So it was more gamble than trade.

I have to admit I got very frustrated with the wait on the bollox news event that didn't even have a specific time. As soon saw there was no change in the interest rates, I thought WTF was that move about. The trade was shooting in the dark as I didn't know what the full news was.

I am down but not out. All for the lulz.

Let's see how quickly I can 'double' my money again. That's the part I want to test.

it was a pure gamble the expected news was all over the wires for the last 2weeks. It was scheduled and you left your position in overnight unprotected. lulz.

It's not that big an ouch. I made some very rapid broad-based 80-90% account growth gains recently. So over-confidence and gambling set in.

I don't use stops. Obviously that's a problem while I sleep. I would have faired better had I been awake.

But, it's all part of working out the kinks in my strategy. I knew it was bit of a gamble before I went to sleep, and I knew the margin would kick in if it went wrong.

The trade did meet my analysis for taking a tentative position. But in a seismic event like this, everything went out of the window. Also I had to go sleep. So it was more gamble than trade.

I have to admit I got very frustrated with the wait on the bollox news event that didn't even have a specific time. As soon saw there was no change in the interest rates, I thought WTF was that move about.

Let's see how quickly I can 'double' my money again. That's the part I want to test.

I have to admit I got very frustrated with the wait on the bollox news event that didn't even have a specific time. As soon saw there was no change in the interest rates, I thought WTF was that move about. The trade was shooting in the dark as I didn't know what the full news was.

You took a terrible risk with your recent gains, Joe. 56% ls a big loss because a100% gain, say from 100 to 200 becomes the same 100 starting level after a 50% loss. the next trade. That's how I see it, anyway.

If you want my opinion, stop posting live trades, backed up by account statements.

It's one if the drawbacks-- you take chances to prove a point. I do believe your honesty, so don't prove any points with me. I'm sure that other rational traders feel the same. Don't do it, just trade sensibly and keep them to yourself.

Good luck.

it was a pure gamble the expected news was all over the wires for the last 2weeks. It was scheduled and you left your position in overnight unprotected. lulz.

Well we all know there would be no change in the interest rates. Was it expected they would double the bond purchase ?

I consider myself a hybrid fundamental+technical player. My non-existent news source, other than the 1-liner head lines, doesn't help. Do you know a free source ?

Status
Not open for further replies.