Why i think most traders fail? Change your ways. Now.

That you plagiarized my entire post is one thing, and I was probably going to overlook it as no matter who wrote it would probably help some traders. But to claim that YOU ARE ME is quite another.

For anyone reading this, I'm Ziad and this entire article is plagiarized from something I wrote nearly two months ago. You can find it here: E-Mini Player: EMini S&P 500 Futures Trading Journal: Learning to Become a Successful Trader

I am not GladiatorX, and whoever this person is he is obviously not honest. So take this as a word of caution if he ever tries to sell you something.

And as for you GladiatorX, I'd appreciate it if you didn't go around pretending you were me. I'm going to take the high road and leave it at that.

This is almost copied word for word from post by a trader called Ziad on a trading blog site I used to look at, but the figures you claim to have made are quite different...?.....

Its something i wrote to Michael Brenke... Yes... I thought it was revelent to post it here too, i think such a realization could help a lot of people... Maybe i should have mentioned that i had previously posted it....

The reason the earnings have increased, is because time has passed by and i've earned more money...

Its really as simple as that. I don't feel i need to apologize for trying to help losing traders, i think i know why they're failing and i'm just sharing that information.
So your are Ziad, the original writer of that article?
here is his breif bio:
"I'm a full-time E-mini S&P trader. After graduating from college a few years ago I left Lebanon (my home country) and went to work for a start-up hedge fund trading the US options market out of Kuwait. That job got me very interested in trading and after two years with the fund, I decided to go out on my own and become a trader. So I moved half way across the world back to Canada, where I had lived as a kid, and joined a prop firm. It wasn't long before I realized that if I wanted to do this, I had to do it my way and find my own style. Since then I have been on a personal journey of highs and lows on the way to trading success"

Certainly doesn't sound like you, bearing in mind some of the questions you've asked about prop firms in the past not to mention your location etc..?...

lol.
Welcome Ziad by the way. Glad you could clear it up.

Gladiator. i Think your claims of success will be hard for folk to believe now, lol.

Wow. I wrote that first comment after only reading the first page of comments. Then I realized there were another 9 pages. This is the first time I write anything on this site, and the only reason I signed up was because someone alerted me to the fact that my post had been plagiarized. Either way, it's obviously pointless to try to prove that I'm actually Ziad and I wrote the post (indeed there was one guy claiming that I hadn't even written the original to begin with!!! LOL. As if it was some masterpiece that the whole world was plagiarizing.), and for all purposes I don't really give a damn. All I was trying to do with the post to begin with was to help one trader who's blog I had been reading. It wasn't even meant for anyone but him. To see all the comments and controversy it generated on this site was actually quite entertaining. lol.

Anyways, no matter who you believe, just don't trust anything GladiatorX says on this site from now on. there's nothing to say other than that. And obviously to defend his lie he's going to now claim that I'm lying. but i'm interested in focusing on my trading and my goals, and not on having disputes on a forum with some immature trader who claims he is other people.

Good luck to you all in your trading, and I'm glad some people found the advice helpful.

Ziad

Its all actually a little sad.
I read a post on elitetrader today by someone saying that they were pessimistic about their upcoming attempt at trading because apparently 95% of traders lose, and then he went on to say that alot of the people on forums etc who give the impression that they are successful, actually are NOT!

This mess pretty much confirms that gladiatorx is not successful and just has some issues.
Makes me wonder how many really are making money!!

it's obviously pointless to try to prove that I'm actually Ziad and I wrote the post (indeed there was one guy claiming that I hadn't even written the original to begin with!!! LOL. As if it was some masterpiece that the whole world was plagiarizing.), and for all purposes I don't really give a damn. All I was trying to do with the post to begin with was to help one trader who's blog I had been reading. It wasn't even meant for anyone but him. To see all the comments and controversy it generated on this site was actually quite entertaining. lol.
Ziad

Ziad

Welcome to T2W and if you are indeed the author of that post, it was a good post that clearly struck a lot of people judging by the number of references on Google.

There is a fairly simple way in which you could provide a resonable level of proof to others that you are indeed Ziad. Post a reply to Anonymous/Ben on the blog under your user name as Ziad.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9032445040623191995&postID=563594724217739358

With that simple action we can put behind all this silliness and get to talk about the contents of your post

Charlton

Charlton,

I just posted a reply to Ben. Hope it clears up this ridiculous mess :)

Ziad,

Ah. So you are Sparticus :). Welcome to T2W! A pity it wasn't under different circumstances but no matter. As it happens I think it (along with the threads it has spurned) is amongst the best threads on T2W.

That is because they illustrate quite beautifully how people only ever see what they wish to see and how even in the face of enlightened observation from the likes of candles (who spotted the discrepency originally) they will follow a pre-determined path, a path they have already decided for themselves is correct. Such is life. Such is trading.

Skirting around the irony of someone transcribing GladiatorX/HaloTrader into a more understandable form, when he could have simply done what candles did, i.e. some research, Carl Futia illustrates the point almost perfectly (one of the links provided by TheBramble) when he says "I think his posts are the most insightful ideas I have read about trading. Of course they coincide with my own." It could be argued that the most insightful ideas about anything are of course those that challenge our own and hence lead to change/growth.

It is entirely irrelevant to the matter at hand of course, but with regard to your original post there is an awful lot to disagree with. It is riddled with generalisations and a lot of assumptions. There are however many elements that could, I'm sure, spark an interesting discussion should you decide to hang around.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sandpiper,

I agree, this thread was like watching one big sociology experiment. Very entertaining indeed!

I also agree with your remark that my post was full of generalizations and assumptions. But this is only natural, as I learned how to trade by the very process of making generalizations and assumptions about market action, then revising those, then revising those, then revising those, and so on. It's the way my brain works. I'm not denying that there could be different views on trading that are more accurate than mine. I was just stating my personal experience with this art.
However, I'm always up for hearing views that challenge mine, as like you said, this can lead to true growth.

So throw it out there. Let me hear all that you think about my post. What you disagree with and what you find interesting. I myself am always challenging my own ideas in hopes of improving my skills.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Ziad

This is brilliant!

Sorry if by copying your article i have offended you Ziad - All credit to you ofcourse...
I intended actually to merit you in the original post but since i added my own bit @ the start and finish, i pretty much forgot to do so, then as Candle 'found me out', through embarrasment i just didn't express the truth, as people 'credited' me for the post i felt obliged to hand out more advice.

The main thing is, i found your post truely inspirational and so true to myself as a trader that i couldn't resist sharing it... It pretty much spoke what i've been trying to express to other traders in perfect words.
100% correct. I found it 'informative' and brilliant, certainly a must read for traders... Ultimately though i feel traders need to go through the pain and suffering of systems and risk:reward ratios before they truely undertand what your morale is ;)

All in all, a great troll and will provide rofl's for days to come. Overall this is really funny and very worth the time put in to Copy&Paste.

Ultimately, through sharing this article with Trade2win.com, despite false distribution, was a constructive contribution to the forum and seemed to be positively recieved by many. So love me or hate me, i did a great job. Rofl.

Lets all remember too that Carl Futia copy and pasted my post, edited it and posted it on his blog without my permission, so hes a bad guy too.

Stay away from bad guys kids.

Last edited:
Ultimately, through sharing this article with Trade2win.com, despite false distribution, was a constructive contribution to the forum and seemed to be positively recieved by many. So love me or hate me, i did a great job. Rofl.
You're not seriously considering sticking around are you, after this?

Hi welcome Ziad, quite a colorful and eventful trading career you've had already in a relatively short time span, working in hedge funds, prop firms, for yourself, and all.

Must have been through quote a lot on that journey.

Hope you share some of your experiences here and there in the next time.

This is one of the best boards imo because I don't know of any other board that has quite as many proven pros here, people also at hedge funds, prop firms, banks, or trading for themselves, next to the usual other assortment that any board will invariably attract.

:)