Why i think most traders fail? Change your ways. Now.

Trader333

8,655 981
Afterall, we need someone to profit from and it may as well be the 181,000 users on this forum and as we know, you'll find the most public, retail, spreadbetting traders in the world right here

95% of the 187K that are losers is 177.6K so any profits gained will have to come from 3,400 traders less than your figure of 181K. Still that is plenty to go around :)

Paul

OpenMind

130 12
All very well, but none of that explains anything about Ziad, plagiarism, Halo Trader, Arabian, killphil, aaron_marlins and Technically Fundamental.

BSD

Veteren member
3,819 985
So your are Ziad, the original writer of that article?
here is his breif bio:
"I'm a full-time E-mini S&P trader. After graduating from college a few years ago I left Lebanon (my home country) and went to work for a start-up hedge fund trading the US options market out of Kuwait. That job got me very interested in trading and after two years with the fund, I decided to go out on my own and become a trader. So I moved half way across the world back to Canada, where I had lived as a kid, and joined a prop firm. It wasn't long before I realized that if I wanted to do this, I had to do it my way and find my own style. Since then I have been on a personal journey of highs and lows on the way to trading success"

Certainly doesn't sound like you, bearing in mind some of the questions you've asked about prop firms in the past not to mention your location etc..?...

So clearly someone is copying from someone else here, clearly the original post in this thread was written by a guy called Ziad elsewhere before showing up here.

196940562_062b42b435.jpg

Where does one contact the original poster, that guy Ziad ?

Charlton

Experienced member
1,501 325
Here is an extract from the T2W site guidelines

3. Copyrighted or Trademarked Materials

3.1 It is illegal to post any content that is copyrighted or trademarked, unless you hold the copyright or trademark. Any material protected by copyright may not be posted in the message boards without the express permission of the author or owner of the copyright on that material. This includes reproducing the full text of news stories, articles, etc.
3.2 It is acceptable to provide a link to copyrighted material, to post brief excerpts, or to paraphrase other works, though we do strongly encourage you to cite the original source whenever possible. This is purely to protect T2W and yourself from potential copyright infringement.

If the text in question was copied from Ziad then this should be cited. In any case I think the moderators should look into this matter to determine who is the author and whether plagiarism has occurred.

Charlton

Technically Fundamental

2,810 178
I think that statement is a lie :)

Paul

It's not a lie. It may be incorrect but it's my belief at the moment. Lying in my book is saying one thing while having irrefutable evidence/knowledge to the contrary.

Example

Member X: I'm a successful trader and I know what I'm talking about. Listen to this... *insert generic spiel*.

Newb: Yes I think you know exactly what you're talking about despite my inexperience offering no benchmark or comparison. Thanks for all your help I'll do exactly as you say.

Newb proceeds to lose their money yet continues to believe that trading success will come without hundreds of hours of theoretical research and screen time.
In reality Member X isn't a successful trader and only thinks/wishes that they know what they are talking about.

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,394 1,170
Ah, it's so good to be back and find the intellectually stimulating debate, reasoned analysis and technically proficient discussions on trading related topics continue as they always have.

Plus ca change....

2,376 663
Even if someone who you think is a liar admits to it, you still don't know if what they are saying is true or false unless you make an evidence-based judgement . IE do your own research.

Reactions: tenbobtrader

Technically Fundamental

2,810 178
I didn't sorry.
I'd say the delusional ones are the ones that actually believe they are good in themselves as opposed to pretending on the internet. Probably a few of them on here too. ;)

GladiatorX

Established member
905 118
Best part of it is that IMO the post that is causing all the controversy is rather generic and just isn't really that good.

Was just trying to offer advice... Doesn't matter what your perspective is of the person giving advice - It is intended to help users and therefore should be deemed a constructive contribution. If you want to expect that all traders are unsuccesful then i don't know why your on a trading forum, the only reason i could think of would be to feel bitter about your own trading experiences, which have probably left you feeling as if the whole things a scam by the sound of it and that, since you weren't able to profit, no1 can.

Either way, its just conversation on a forum, so who cares.

Regardless of your opinion on me, i'm aware through your posts of your trading capabilities and know for a fact that i am in a position that you would probably want to be in, therefore my advice should be valid, if you wish to denote it on the basis that i'm a liar then fine... Was only trying to help you and other individuals who are failing.

As i've already said, individuals who know it all, yet can't profit must have a problem - I was just displaying my views on this problem and highlighting what i think the problem is. Whether or not my statements are valid in your eyes are up to you decide, just keep in mind that i was trying to help you become a better trader.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock