Why did you decide to trade forex?

Hi D70,
I'm gonna crack open a bottle of bubbly tonight - I've got something right at last!
:LOL:

However, I see that we contradict one another on the issue of volatility. My understanding was that there's lots of movement in Forex (not always obviously, but often as not) and, therefore, lots of opportunity to profit. The flip side being of course that there's an equally large opportunity to lose big time. But, as I say, I don't trade Forex, so I'm happy to stand corrected if I've got that wrong.
Tim.

It's a misconeption. Probably brought about by all the ads. Forex has the least volatility. Just call up implied vol or historical vol "analysis" and you can see for yourself. Stocks and index futures put "forex" to shame in terms of opportunity. And I'm not just making it up. You can see it for yourself.

It's a misconeption. Probably brought about by all the ads. Forex has the least volatility. Just call up implied vol or historical vol "analysis" and you can see for yourself. Stocks and index futures put "forex" to shame in terms of opportunity. And I'm not just making it up. You can see it for yourself.

So you are saying Forex fluctuations are more like waves from passing by boat and stocks/futures fluctuations are more like 10 meter ocean crushers?

I searched ways to make money online. Of course I was young and naive person who believed that forex is the easy way to go to get rich :)
Anyway I am happy that I decided to stick with forex market.

I searched ways to make money online. Of course I was young and naive person who believed that forex is the easy way to go to get rich :)
Anyway I am happy that I decided to stick with forex market.

What is your experience with Forex? I mean how long and successful are you here?

What is your experience with Forex? I mean how long and successful are you here?

I started trading on forex market on 2009
I am not a full time trader I am also doing another job. 2-3 days per week have time to trade so it`s a good way to earn some extra cash.

I started trading on forex market on 2009
I am not a full time trader I am also doing another job. 2-3 days per week have time to trade so it`s a good way to earn some extra cash.

If not a secret, in what range is your profit from Forex (in total)?

Replace Lost Income

In 1996 I lost my job due to illness. The Doctor told me to go home find something I can do at home, file for disability because I'l never work another regular job again end of quote.That floored my wife and I, I waited another 6 months before I followed his instructions hoping thing would change but they have not to this day. From then on I have tried every stay at home job one can think of and have spent a lot of money on 'em.

We eventually lost our home in Kingwood, Texas and moved out in the country. It was here the I discovered the forex market and have been studying it for several years and still losing money on it also but I do believe that this is an area I can and will make a living. I am now to the point the my losses are much less then what they use to be and now my gains are much more, so I see the worm is starting to turn for me.:clap:

because the supply & demand theory (cannot remember the name of the guy who has load of vids, i have them linked on my other pc,,,,,sam sheldon) made perfect sense to me (it actually provided context which other markets dont necessarily provide), along with the PA which base itself around S&D. See the NBT site/threads for the main patterns i use to trade.

i also like thr 24hr/5.2 days......i do a lot of set & forget orders, so i work the fx mkt all the time.

In 1996 I lost my job due to illness. The Doctor told me to go home find something I can do at home, file for disability because I'l never work another regular job again end of quote.That floored my wife and I, I waited another 6 months before I followed his instructions hoping thing would change but they have not to this day. From then on I have tried every stay at home job one can think of and have spent a lot of money on 'em.

We eventually lost our home in Kingwood, Texas and moved out in the country. It was here the I discovered the forex market and have been studying it for several years and still losing money on it also but I do believe that this is an area I can and will make a living. I am now to the point the my losses are much less then what they use to be and now my gains are much more, so I see the worm is starting to turn for me.:clap:

I know the feeling - good luck !!

Wow, touching story! Good luck to you, don't give up (y)

Can you share other home-based tries to earn money? It's interesting what there is and what you may not know.. Maybe you were doing something wrong and we will point it out to you ;)

Every trader has their own story and reasons why they decided to trade currencies, and I just wanted to ask you guys what made you decide to trade?

I was looking for secondary income from a source which allows me to do so regardless of what happens to the economy. After I achieved consistency in my trading returns, I move more and more full-time and now my trading revenues have reached a level where it serves as my primary revenue stream. I did not quite expect for it to go there, but hard work does pay off if you have the right attitude.

So, why did you start trading forex?

Interesting.. I've never thought forex can be a source of income to me.. Started trading at Weltrade broker just for fun, to test my trading strategies, didn't expect anything special.

Wow, touching story! Good luck to you, don't give up (y)

Can you share other home-based tries to earn money? It's interesting what there is and what you may not know.. Maybe you were doing something wrong and we will point it out to you ;)

WOW Thanks for the interest. Well when I got sick it was November 13th 1996. That year was the first year I grossed $100,000 on my pay check doesn't figure.
I had worked all my life from hauling hay, recapping tires, flipping burger to my skill as a Safety Officer for Construction companies.
Once I was home and determined to find work at home we started with medical billing. My wife was in the dental field so we could use her back ground for our experience and I would do the work. This seamed like it would work but most wanted references and we had none to give. We then went through several failed programs, one was from a Realtor in Florida where you use other peoples money to buy homes, fix them up and sell them for a profit, another was a travel agency, selling vitamins, selling candles, Amway. The big one we did when we moved out to the country, we started a garden bought chickens, sold eggs, vegetables and strawberries, even sold this at the Dallas farmers market. Now that would have worked but we did not have the money to expand and no one to help us financially, but if we would have the money we could have made it. That was my last adventure before trading. I have spent a lot of money and time in trying to find something to do to supplement my income. It's not easy for me to stay at home and watch the wife go to work, its belittling to me, been very hard to get use to.

WOW Thanks for the interest. Well when I got sick it was November 13th 1996. That year was the first year I grossed $100,000 on my pay check doesn't figure.
I had worked all my life from hauling hay, recapping tires, flipping burger to my skill as a Safety Officer for Construction companies.
Once I was home and determined to find work at home we started with medical billing. My wife was in the dental field so we could use her back ground for our experience and I would do the work. This seamed like it would work but most wanted references and we had none to give. We then went through several failed programs, one was from a Realtor in Florida where you use other peoples money to buy homes, fix them up and sell them for a profit, another was a travel agency, selling vitamins, selling candles, Amway. The big one we did when we moved out to the country, we started a garden bought chickens, sold eggs, vegetables and strawberries, even sold this at the Dallas farmers market. Now that would have worked but we did not have the money to expand and no one to help us financially, but if we would have the money we could have made it. That was my last adventure before trading. I have spent a lot of money and time in trying to find something to do to supplement my income. It's not easy for me to stay at home and watch the wife go to work, its belittling to me, been very hard to get use to.

The good news is you have a fighter in new. And you really sought out different possibilities to earn. I really can't come up with anything besides learning to program (codecademy, treehouse and others "learn to code" sites) & then freelancing your skill. Or you can try different type of freelance at elance, fiverr sites. It doesn't require to leave your home, but it does require to have something to offer. Look it up, maybe you will find additional sources of income and will pull an all-nighters while you wife sleeps, plus you will feel satisfaction from hard work you put in family ;)

P.S. Some additional ideas for home-based income may be drop-shipping & consultancy, since we now can have meetings through skype in comfort of our home (or any place where we're located).

I have decided to join Forex because I want to earn money for my study needs and I know that Forex is a money making machine and I can earn lot of money from Forex.

I have decided to join Forex because I want to earn money for my study needs and I know that Forex is a money making machine and I can earn lot of money from Forex.

Did you study, traded on demo before? Or just jumped into the fire? :D

My reasons are...

Very liquid.

Flexible trade sizes.

24-hour trading.

Free real-time data.

Free charting platforms.

What's not to like?

:)

Very liquid.

Flexible trade sizes.

24-hour trading.

Free real-time data.

Free charting platforms.

What's not to like?

:)

I can't get rid off "shadiness" of all that.. How do you get rid of bad perception and constant questioning yourself "Am I in the right place?"

Why Trade Forex was the questions...right?

I can't get rid off "shadiness" of all that.. How do you get rid of bad perception and constant questioning yourself "Am I in the right place?"

I don't follow.

The subject asks the question, "Why did you decide to trade forex?"

So I listed a few reasons why "I" decided to trade forex.

Not sure why you would label that as "shadiness".

What am I missing?

Well better you can do your studies first and then enter forex. Otherwise you will lose your money and time.