Why did you decide to trade forex?

Eagle_

9 0
Every trader has their own story and reasons why they decided to trade currencies, and I just wanted to ask you guys what made you decide to trade?

I was looking for secondary income from a source which allows me to do so regardless of what happens to the economy. After I achieved consistency in my trading returns, I move more and more full-time and now my trading revenues have reached a level where it serves as my primary revenue stream. I did not quite expect for it to go there, but hard work does pay off if you have the right attitude.

So, why did you start trading forex?

Interesting.. I've never thought forex can be a source of income to me.. Started trading at Weltrade broker just for fun, to test my trading strategies, didn't expect anything special.

jcvmw11

3 1
Wow, touching story! Good luck to you, don't give up (y)

Can you share other home-based tries to earn money? It's interesting what there is and what you may not know.. Maybe you were doing something wrong and we will point it out to you ;)

WOW Thanks for the interest. Well when I got sick it was November 13th 1996. That year was the first year I grossed $100,000 on my pay check doesn't figure.
I had worked all my life from hauling hay, recapping tires, flipping burger to my skill as a Safety Officer for Construction companies.
Once I was home and determined to find work at home we started with medical billing. My wife was in the dental field so we could use her back ground for our experience and I would do the work. This seamed like it would work but most wanted references and we had none to give. We then went through several failed programs, one was from a Realtor in Florida where you use other peoples money to buy homes, fix them up and sell them for a profit, another was a travel agency, selling vitamins, selling candles, Amway. The big one we did when we moved out to the country, we started a garden bought chickens, sold eggs, vegetables and strawberries, even sold this at the Dallas farmers market. Now that would have worked but we did not have the money to expand and no one to help us financially, but if we would have the money we could have made it. That was my last adventure before trading. I have spent a lot of money and time in trying to find something to do to supplement my income. It's not easy for me to stay at home and watch the wife go to work, its belittling to me, been very hard to get use to.

Reactions: DitterPD

DitterPD

177 6
WOW Thanks for the interest. Well when I got sick it was November 13th 1996. That year was the first year I grossed $100,000 on my pay check doesn't figure.
I had worked all my life from hauling hay, recapping tires, flipping burger to my skill as a Safety Officer for Construction companies.
Once I was home and determined to find work at home we started with medical billing. My wife was in the dental field so we could use her back ground for our experience and I would do the work. This seamed like it would work but most wanted references and we had none to give. We then went through several failed programs, one was from a Realtor in Florida where you use other peoples money to buy homes, fix them up and sell them for a profit, another was a travel agency, selling vitamins, selling candles, Amway. The big one we did when we moved out to the country, we started a garden bought chickens, sold eggs, vegetables and strawberries, even sold this at the Dallas farmers market. Now that would have worked but we did not have the money to expand and no one to help us financially, but if we would have the money we could have made it. That was my last adventure before trading. I have spent a lot of money and time in trying to find something to do to supplement my income. It's not easy for me to stay at home and watch the wife go to work, its belittling to me, been very hard to get use to.

The good news is you have a fighter in new. And you really sought out different possibilities to earn. I really can't come up with anything besides learning to program (codecademy, treehouse and others "learn to code" sites) & then freelancing your skill. Or you can try different type of freelance at elance, fiverr sites. It doesn't require to leave your home, but it does require to have something to offer. Look it up, maybe you will find additional sources of income and will pull an all-nighters while you wife sleeps, plus you will feel satisfaction from hard work you put in family ;)

P.S. Some additional ideas for home-based income may be drop-shipping & consultancy, since we now can have meetings through skype in comfort of our home (or any place where we're located).

gigiones

19 0
I have decided to join Forex because I want to earn money for my study needs and I know that Forex is a money making machine and I can earn lot of money from Forex.

DitterPD

177 6
I have decided to join Forex because I want to earn money for my study needs and I know that Forex is a money making machine and I can earn lot of money from Forex.

Did you study, traded on demo before? Or just jumped into the fire? :D

FDateTrader

21 1
My reasons are...

Very liquid.

Flexible trade sizes.

24-hour trading.

Free real-time data.

Free charting platforms.

What's not to like?

:)

DitterPD

177 6
Very liquid.

Flexible trade sizes.

24-hour trading.

Free real-time data.

Free charting platforms.

What's not to like?

:)

I can't get rid off "shadiness" of all that.. How do you get rid of bad perception and constant questioning yourself "Am I in the right place?"

FDateTrader

21 1
Why Trade Forex was the questions...right?

I can't get rid off "shadiness" of all that.. How do you get rid of bad perception and constant questioning yourself "Am I in the right place?"

I don't follow.

The subject asks the question, "Why did you decide to trade forex?"

So I listed a few reasons why "I" decided to trade forex.

Not sure why you would label that as "shadiness".

What am I missing?

robertofx

139 1

Well better you can do your studies first and then enter forex. Otherwise you will lose your money and time.

simbob

23 0
I was catch by the commercial! Can you believe that?

DitterPD

177 6
I don't follow.

The subject asks the question, "Why did you decide to trade forex?"

So I listed a few reasons why "I" decided to trade forex.

Not sure why you would label that as "shadiness".

What am I missing?

Yes, I can see your confusion.

I was continuing with my line of "Forex is seen as a shady place" and how it still affects my opinion, and not responding to your answer.

Probably what I tried to ask is: do all these advantages outweigh 'shadiness' of Forex? The confusion arises, because (as I understand now) not everyone see it this way, but I ask exactly from that point of view.

DitterPD

177 6
I was catch by the commercial! Can you believe that?

Commercial? Or by banner on some site?

I though this type of advertisement is throwing money in the empty, but as it turns out..

No really, tell us more about it? :D

Pat494

Legendary member
14,617 1,581
Well as for me I started trading forex heavily when I saw that forex is a very polite and cordial market giving you almost what you deserve. I therefore on knowing this sowed good diligence into the market using well edged strategies, being faithful to my stop loss, patience, taking only healthy risks and properly sniffing all bonuses from my broker before accepting them,operating safe leverages, using helpful platforms etc. Now, I am harvesting sweet pips- in rapid forex growth, my account matures with more zeroes and have got a proud plump purse. All these is surely because I watered my investments in the forex with my sweat, and they bloomed. Forex is truly about professional discipline and diligence. Using diligence for armor there was not one Achilles heel for a fraudulent broker to strike. Consequently I forced every broker I worked with into morality even non regulated ones I regulated with my apt financial caution and they would turn out safe and lucrative. Thus forex could be a more fertile financial garden than Eden if you can cultivate all your investments in professional diligence- even with a non regulated broker! Yes?

Set for life by the sound of it ?

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
Trading forex--the foreign exchange market--can be a lucrative business that gives you the time and financial freedom to do as you want and live where you please.

couldnt have put it better myself...........as long as I dont have to live in croydon again ! ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock