Why Consistency is a Sign of The Wrong Strategy

Have a quick read through this report - especially with regards to whats happening in Japan and the East in forex.

http://www.forexthink.com/news/big-retail-forex-market/

Of course it may just be a "story" to fill in column interest and so could be totally rubbish.

Unregulated brokers don't have to report their figures to any FX bodies and nowadays with so much money laundering and illegal funds swilling around in 200+ countries - what better place than the unregulated FX markets.

With regards to the number of retail FX traders - then i have reports ranging from 500k to 1 million around the world - and then other independent ones saying 1 5 mill to 2 5 million - ?

Going back to the thread topic - commercial investment type trading to me can never be consistent over decades - as the world changes.

However shorter term retail trading can be - as it can be adapted to new circumstance far more quickly - a bit like comparing a jet ski to an Ocean Liner.ie chalk and cheese - as it retail day trading and commercial investing

Ok - back to trading

Regards

F

some interesting reading guys (fact or fiction) - thanks

N

some interesting reading guys (fact or fiction) - thanks

N

That is what you get when the markets are in a narrow range.:)
Wiley, the publishing house is impatiently waiting to get a book out of this thread once it is finished.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
It all makes sense and I am sure a few freshly made millionaires have spurned reading this thread so far. Keep it going!!!:clap::clap::smart:
It also might be a good idea to consult Oscar, he certainly would enrich the whole thread by adding his well balanced perspective.

Last edited:
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-11-14/forex-paradox-forex-net-loser

The Forex market is the largest in the world and the least understood.

But due to the fact that the market is decentralized, and unregulated, it also attracted a large amount of fraud, on many levels.

But now the world's largest investment banks are under investigation by the Department of Justice for Forex market rigging.

It was always a question that Forex outsiders would ask, why the big banks didn't get into retail Forex trading. Now we know that not only were some banks charging 7% (700 pip) spread on deliverable transactions, they were 'banging the close' and had basically a near complete control over the price. So why would they take any risk?

Then you worry about vendors leading traders astray -lol

F, No offence but this post of yours does your argument no credit. I read a lot of ZH, but this guest blog post is utter rubbish. Anyway, I think we've moved this thread way off it's original topic...

Hi DJ

Yes you are correct - apologies to the OP .

Back to consistency in trading - as a retail trader - we do have some advantages over the large commercial organisations - ie I am my own boss - and i micro manage to suit me whilst intraday trading

I find making gains Intraday FX trading every hour of the main European and US session not always possible - but not making them daily - weekly - monthly now at my level would be sign my strategy needs an adjustment - probably just a fine tune - never a complete overhaul ;)

My consistency must really show I have a really bad strategy - maybe I need to do more "fortune telling" and get back on the weekly and monthly charts and get my lucky pound coin out again :LOL:

Regards

F

Last edited: