Why aren't all genius's rich?

Ron Paul, the gold standard in politics and economics.(y)

Ron Paul Highlights in 9/22/2011 Presidential Debate - YouTube

Tenth amendment is like giving local authorities rights to carry out and exercise their own laws and taxation policies.

So what is going to change? I mean they already pay £150K+£78K bonus for financial so called experts to tell them which of their front line services to cut back on. Value for money I guess to some big smart prick but what redress does your average citizen have?

Where is my right to sack the financial expert as well as the ****** who planted her there and re-instate the 10 front line service personnel at less say £20K and save £50K in the process.

So many words - but what are they really telling us?

So how do we maintain our lives and living standards with this new vision. Let's play it out a little to see what the inputs and outputs likely to be?

Last edited:
I think that would p!as China off.

That's the way the world should work, if you lend money to people who can't pay it back you shouldn't expect the taxpayers to cough up the dough! Unfortunately, in this Orwellian world, the idea is to take money from the competent and prudent people and give it to the incompetent and feckless.

You might have a 4.0 GPA, but with no friends to rub it in their face it doesn't mean much. I bet with your 4.0 GPA, you still can't get a girlfriend.

Ad hominem fallacy. That's 4.0-talk for "You're not winning this argument."

My son is a genius.

We were discussing teegagers and graffiti in general and he came up with the fantastic idea of having workbooks with bricks as the background instead of blank lined sheets.

He said it would encourage bad teenagers to learn to read and write perhaps stopping them from spraying graffiti on walls making the place look horibble. His reasoning was that it would be so much easier to put graffiti onto a page then spray canning onto a wall.

I thought - wow - brilliant idea.

Then we went off the side track of having different wall backgrounds like white, concrete and even pages with underground trains and so on...

Then - then, and this is where it gets exciting we started discussing patenting the idea and selling these and turning it into a business.

Chip of the old block... :D No other explanation - I too am a genius... :idea:
When I was 9, more than 10 years ago, I used to play coloring video games on my Windows 95 (I think) where the background was bricks.

From what I have read from you so far, a positive for Mensa is it will never have people like you as a member.:cheesy:
Well of course they won't since I stand against joining pointless societies, which you've been reading from me.

Why not get the EU countries etc to cancel debt (wipe the slate clean) and start again?:whistling

Why not simply renegotiate terms of payment and/or apply some haircuts to the PIGS debt?

Situation isn't that bad in retrospect.

We've been here before.

1929-35
1974-80
2007-13

Pretty much every 40 years. This is the long term economic cycle. We are approaching the end.

One speaker on Bbg said - look we my have 10% unemployment but 90% are still in employement. Put it in perspective I'd say.

Why not simply renegotiate terms of payment and/or apply some haircuts to the PIGS debt?

Situation isn't that bad in retrospect.

We've been here before.

1929-35
1974-80
2007-13

Pretty much every 40 years. This is the long term economic cycle. We are approaching the end.

One speaker on Bbg said - look we my have 10% unemployment but 90% are still in employement. Put it in perspective I'd say.

After the 1929 crash did you realise that the stock market took around 25 years to recover? That is even after President Franklin D. Roosevelt devalued the $US dollar in 1933 by 40%.

Did you know that in 1980, Volcker raised interest rates to 20% to fight inflation? What effect would 20% interest rates have in 2 years time when the US economy is in recession with zero interest rates?

During the great depression, people didn't know how long it would last so it didn't really have a name until after it was over. Just like The Great war was named World War 1 after we had World War 2. Nobody knows how long this Great depression will last and who knows, it might eventually earn the title of "The greatest depression" or "The great depression 2"

I should also add, that in 1980, the USA was one of (if not the largest) the worlds creditor nations, today it is the largest debtor nation in the history of the world.

Who knows, Governments have changed the ways they calculate their figures that they are almost useless for comparison. I have heard that if calculated the same way as it was during the great depression, US unemployment figures are almost as bad now, same with house price declines.

Yes and if US CPI was calculated the same way it was in 1990 it would be running at over 7% and if calculated as it was in 1980 it would be over 12% :eek:

A good dose of cynicism keeps the lying politicians in check - a bit at least.

They keep asking people like George Soros about the current crisis. This is the guy that pulled a shedfull of money out of the system in the 1980s. Is he going to give a straight answer favouring the general populace ? I think not - he probably gives the answer that makes himself another bundle. Not many can see through this fog of politics tho.
He's clever enough to massage the facts useful to his argument to align the 2 togethor and march onwards and upwards, leaving Joe Dope trailing in his wake.

A good dose of cynicism keeps the lying politicians in check - a bit at least.

They keep asking people like George Soros about the current crisis. This is the guy that pulled a shedfull of money out of the system in the 1980s. Is he going to give a straight answer favouring the general populace ? I think not - he probably gives the answer that makes himself another bundle. Not many can see through this fog of politics tho.
He's clever enough to massage the facts useful to his argument to align the 2 togethor and march onwards and upwards, leaving Joe Dope trailing in his wake.

If that ain't genius then what is ?

If that ain't genius then what is ?

Agreed, that is definitely genius... (y)

Sound like genius
Smells like genius
Looks like genius
Feels like genius

PS. We talking about Soros or you here Pat???

Agreed, that is definitely genius... (y)

Sound like genius
Smells like genius
Looks like genius
Feels like genius

PS. We talking about Soros or you here Pat???

I wish - could have given y'all a holiday in the sunshine

:eek:

It really is simple. Quicker we collectively pay off the collective debt quicker we get back to life as we know it Jim...

The problem is that at £4.8 Trillion of debt which is what the UK has then every person in the country would have to pay £30K, so when are you sending your cheque to settle your contribution ?

What the government wants (but wont admit it) is high inflation as this will erode the debt substantially.

Paul

The problem is that at £4.8 Trillion of debt which is what the UK has then every person in the country would have to pay £30K, so when are you sending your cheque to settle your contribution ?

What the government wants (but wont admit it) is high inflation as this will erode the debt substantially.

Paul

I'm happy to pay my share in an equitable taxed way. Never said anything otherwise.

Inflation is part of the solution. It's like a shock absorber... Like a basket baloon case crash landing but surviving to tell the tale. (y)

I'm happy to pay my fair share of tax too but some idiots think I should pay more.(n)