Why aren't all genius's rich?

I see what you mean. It must be important for you to make sure everyone knows you have a 4.0 GPA because you said you have a 4.0 GPA at least four times so it appears as if you are proud of your 4.0 GPA...You do understand the purpose of Mensa don't you? It has nothing to do with seeking validation, idiot.

First off, I have a 4.0 GPA.

Electrical engineering.

This makes more sense to me than the 4.0 GPA. Did I miss it or did you not mention it before.

Either way well done. It is good to have standards and adhere to them what ever people may sell. (y)

This makes more sense to me than the 4.0 GPA. Did I miss it or did you not mention it before.

Either way well done. It is good to have standards and adhere to them what ever people may sell. (y)

Thanks, I never mentioned it. I don't usually talk about these things, especially in person. But it was the best analogy I could come up with for showing how nonsensical it is to join something to represent something when you have it to represent itself.

And yes, to whoever it was, MENSA is all about showing off how big your ***** is, so only socially inferior people flock to it for validation.

And yes, to whoever it was, MENSA is all about showing off how big your ***** is, so only socially inferior people flock to it for validation.

They conduct their meetings electronically now. It's called iMENSA

Peter

Thanks, I never mentioned it. I don't usually talk about these things, especially in person. But it was the best analogy I could come up with for showing how nonsensical it is to join something to represent something when you have it to represent itself.

From what I have read from you so far, a positive for Mensa is it will never have people like you as a member.:cheesy:

You might have a 4.0 GPA, but with no friends to rub it in their face it doesn't mean much. I bet with your 4.0 GPA, you still can't get a girlfriend.

I don't see why not. If that's the case why wouldn't someone considered to be a genius be able to rake in the dough playing it.

They can normally figure out how to win any other game I would think if playing against non-genius-level people.

So why don't they just figure a way to win at the trading game & become filthy rich? Is there something that makes the trading game different?

forunately (for me) you dont have to be a genius to be profitable at trading :LOL:

being completely obsessive in nature and a manic depressive also seems to help :eek:

N

Just looking around I can't think of anyone who is generally recognised to be a " living genius ". Does that mean we are all dumbing down ? I mean, watching hours of garbage TV must have an effect of sorts on minds.

I don't even attempt to hold a conversation with today's kids - they either grunt like pigs or swear. This could be the new generation of biotic benders !!

Just looking around I can't think of anyone who is generally recognised to be a " living genius ". Does that mean we are all dumbing down ? I mean, watching hours of garbage TV must have an effect of sorts on minds.

I don't even attempt to hold a conversation with today's kids - they either grunt like pigs or swear. This could be the new generation of biotic benders !!

kids are smart.....remember the rules of genius are always changing

sitting on a couch all day doing nothing and letting us sweat our buns off making a crust

.....sounds like genius to me :rolleyes:

N

kids are smart.....remember the rules of genius are always changing

sitting on a couch all day doing nothing and letting us sweat our buns off making a crust

.....sounds like genius to me :rolleyes:

N

My son is a genius.

We were discussing teegagers and graffiti in general and he came up with the fantastic idea of having workbooks with bricks as the background instead of blank lined sheets.

He said it would encourage bad teenagers to learn to read and write perhaps stopping them from spraying graffiti on walls making the place look horibble. His reasoning was that it would be so much easier to put graffiti onto a page then spray canning onto a wall.

I thought - wow - brilliant idea.

Then we went off the side track of having different wall backgrounds like white, concrete and even pages with underground trains and so on...

Then - then, and this is where it gets exciting we started discussing patenting the idea and selling these and turning it into a business.

Chip of the old block... :D No other explanation - I too am a genius... :idea:

My son is a genius.

We were discussing teegagers and graffiti in general and he came up with the fantastic idea of having workbooks with bricks as the background instead of blank lined sheets.

He said it would encourage bad teenagers to learn to read and write perhaps stopping them from spraying graffiti on walls making the place look horibble. His reasoning was that it would be so much easier to put graffiti onto a page then spray canning onto a wall.

I thought - wow - brilliant idea.

Then we went off the side track of having different wall backgrounds like white, concrete and even pages with underground trains and so on...

Then - then, and this is where it gets exciting we started discussing patenting the idea and selling these and turning it into a business.

Chip of the old block... :D No other explanation - I too am a genius... :idea:

Always knew it At, even if you do lean a bit to the left

:cool: :)

Always knew it At, even if you do lean a bit to the left

:cool: :)

Left - LEFT??? :-0

What about the enterprising business idea...

Surely right! :smart:

Having a social conscience does not make one a lefty. :idea:

Anyway - you heard about the great new ways to raise tax to pay off debt. One I like is to raise council tax on properties over £500K, £1m and so on. Boris's great idea and it's called a mansion tax.

I really like it. Easy to collect. System is already in place and taxes people with ability to pay. (y)

Boris is no lefty either... (y)

Left - LEFT??? :-0

Anyway - you heard about the great new ways to raise tax to pay off debt. One I like is to raise council tax on properties over £500K, £1m and so on. Boris's great idea and it's called a mansion tax.

I really like it. Easy to collect. System is already in place and taxes people with ability to pay. (y)

Boris is no lefty either... (y)

A bit like the 18th century window tax ?

It would get the thumbs up from Millipede & co too.

Then the big old country houses would be too expensive to maintain even for footballers imho
Gotta do better than that At to stay in the generally accepted genius league.

I would prefer a 10% income cut, with no pay rises and keep all employees in their jobs. It would gradually be lessened as the situation improves. At least its fair.And no more 30% year on year pay rises for fatcats at the top of Footsie companies !
Britain plc will have to back track a bit and learn the lesson of " paying one's way" the hard way. None of this Mugabe economics of printing more money either !!

Last edited:
I would prefer a 10% income cut, with no pay rises and keep all employees in their jobs. It would gradually be lessened as the situation improves. At least its fair.And no more 30% year on year pay rises for fatcats at the top of Footsie companies !
Britain plc will have to back track a bit and learn the lesson of " paying one's way" the hard way. None of this Mugabe economics of printing more money either !!

Aren't you being somewhat bashfull here calling for a 10% cut in income.

This is the same as 10% hike in taxes.

Don't be shy or hold back dear fellow. You know it makes sense.

True leaders will eventually - one hopes, will see the light. The politicians will push the same old drivell about managing the economy better by cutting taxes and getting more people working ending in more taxes being collected.

Really tired of hearing that. All very well in a boom but doesn't work inpaying off debt to get economy moving.

It really is simple. Quicker we collectively pay off the collective debt quicker we get back to life as we know it Jim... ;)

Not rocket science and doesn't take a genius to figure it out but one does need good politician with some balls :smart:

Attachments

• politician.png
    politician.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 457
Really tired of hearing that. All very well in a boom but doesn't work inpaying off debt to get economy moving.

It really is simple. Quicker we collectively pay off the collective debt quicker we get back to life as we know it Jim... ;)

Not rocket science and doesn't take a genius to figure it out but one does need good politician with some balls :smart:

I'm surprised the politicians don't give themselves another 30% pay rise and launch a £100m advertising campaign to justify it, just like the US. !

Lots of them are lawyers - they will think of summat.

I get tired of the old chesnut whereby the fatcats say :-

1. They have to keep up with other country's fatcats
2. Or they will upsticks and off ! To where they don't say and who wants the greedy p1gs anyway !

Why not get the EU countries etc to cancel debt (wipe the slate clean) and start again?:whistling