Who to Trust

ConnorW

Hi Guys. I am new to this group and in this industry, it is hard to find people to trust. Does anyone in here actually have a proven track record (12 months minimum) in their trading?

Hi Guys. I am new to this group and in this industry, it is hard to find people to trust. Does anyone in here actually have a proven track record (12 months minimum) in their trading?
you've had a bad experience of someone or something misleading you?

I agree with Malakelv.

Also, what worked for me when I was a newbie, first of all, educating myself, mostly with free online courses and books. The more you know, the better you will be able to judge who to believe on these forums. When I find someone I find credible, I heed their advice and their recommendations. But I wouldn't take anyone's word on what to do exactly, when you get to actually figuring out strategies and start trading, it's yourself you will need to trust.

Last edited:
Hi,

My advice is to trust nobody. Do your homework. Read a lot.
Ask for verified track record for at least 12 months. Talk to the person.

I'm suspicious when one "profitable" trade want you to "code for free" or want to teach you his system that makes 100K per year for 99usd per month.

Real traders make money from trading, not from teaching. Do Warren Buffett / Steve Cohem / Bill Ackman / ... have lessons....

Don't go down the road of finding people you can trust. Trust the information you can gather and which you can test and verify yourself.

It doesn't matter if someone can post a positive account record or trade history or a photo of their shiny new car. Trust their strategy, but only if you can take it and test it and trial it and make it work.

Do Warren Buffett / Steve Cohem / Bill Ackman / ... have lessons....
no but they endorse, they write articles, they write books, they give interviews.
in other words, they get paid for other things not just trading..it doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. the same can go for trading. any smart person would use multiple forms of income for something he/she was good at

Results alone are not enough because are often due to luck.
We need to know the results but also the education, the honesty and the style of the trader.

Without the context even an impressive trackrecord can be just the result of farming and survivorship bias.

Rarely does one get something good for nothing.
If you have a fully functioning brain then use it.

Very sad thread! trust yourself and no one else. Develop your own EDGE... If you don't know what your edge is..... godspeed

Very sad thread! trust yourself and no one else. Develop your own EDGE... If you don't know what your edge is..... godspeed

You can not be friend with everybody and not everybody can be a trader.
You have to decide if you want to be a trader or an investor.

Investors need to ask for track record from traders. Real one ...
Traders need to find his own edge.

if someone was very profitable and consistently successful why would they help you ?

I would say that it is better to put faith and trust in yourself than in anyone else regarding to what you want to do.

no but they endorse, they write articles, they write books, they give interviews.
in other words, they get paid for other things not just trading..it doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. the same can go for trading. any smart person would use multiple forms of income for something he/she was good at

That is true, but they probably don't go around selling their profitable trading systems for small fees - I will always be sceptical of these kinds of offers...

Real traders make money from trading, not from teaching.
This doesn't mean real traders don't teach. If real traders didn't teach, there would be very little quality educational content for traders to learn from. It's not inherently suspicious for a trader to also teach. Who wouldn't want a second stream of steady and substantial income? Some of these traders/teachers are making $150 per month per member and have thousands of members and put in relatively little work for the return. It's just smart business.

Real traders are hedge fund managers with 20-30 years of trackrecord.
Hedge fund managers do not teach.
if you find me a course from Ray Dalio or James Simons I will be happy to pay.
Hedge funds endure months and years of drawdown, selling digital content you make money without risk and without expenses.
99% of teacher do not show a profitable trackrecord, that is the only thing that really matters.