Trust your Gut?

Newbieintrade

Making trading decisions is not a simple game. Besides data analysis, many would rely on their Intuitions. I have a feeling that I am no exception.

Actually, I trust my guts more often than most people I know do. And I have spent lots of time reading and watching videos relating to the topic too.

My latest discovery has been this device, super cool - according to me! It is called Intuition Pro. You can check it out here in this Business Insider article: http://markets.businessinsider.com/...s-First-Intuition-Enhancing-Device-1009374921

What I wanna to know is: Do you feel like trusting your guts when it comes to making important/trading decisions? And what is your view on this device?

spkyrll.gif

Nearest I come to trusting my gut is when my trend-following points spreadsheet says go short USD/JPY, but I don't 'cos I can see its in a range - its just that I don't have a parameter on the spreadsheet to capture this.

So maybe this is TA and not a gut feeling so doesn't count.

Gut feelings are not a good guide to profitable trading.

Making trading decisions is not a simple game. Besides data analysis, many would rely on their Intuitions. I have a feeling that I am no exception.

Actually, I trust my guts more often than most people I know do. And I have spent lots of time reading and watching videos relating to the topic too.

My latest discovery has been this device, super cool - according to me! It is called Intuition Pro. You can check it out here in this Business Insider article: http://markets.businessinsider.com/...s-First-Intuition-Enhancing-Device-1009374921

What I wanna to know is: Do you feel like trusting your guts when it comes to making important/trading decisions? And what is your view on this device?

Absolutely not on my side, to be able to build working/automated trading systems, I have to be able to back/forward test large amounts of data and I don't have/remember how I felt 5 years ago on the same day for example, maybe I was hung over, maybe my wife drove me crazy or I was running late for my son's hockey game, or I just overslept or went fishing and missed the market, etc...

This device looks like a gimmick and I think this company is a bit late to the game of wearables, the segment was hot few years ago...

I gather you are not particularly interested in trading as such then, more intuition in general

... what is your view on this device?

This seems to be your main motivation for posting - to promote the product. I don't have a problem with that, it does look interesting and id like to have a go but I imagine if I tried it, i'd return it for a refund. This is my gut feeling :p, but its a good invention if its going to be useful for something.

Last edited:
Nearest I come to trusting my gut is when my trend-following points spreadsheet says go short USD/JPY, but I don't 'cos I can see its in a range - its just that I don't have a parameter on the spreadsheet to capture this.

So maybe this is TA and not a gut feeling so doesn't count.

Gut feelings are not a good guide to profitable trading.

Well, I think because in Trading we not only rely on gut feelings, the knowledge and experience in the field count too. Because as Malcolm Gladwell wrote in his book Blink, you have to learn to be cautious even if you have a hunch. It can be deceiving sometimes.

That was why I think Intuition play an important role in people's lives, but only who knows how to use it can get the best out of it.

And, who doesn't want to be that person?

Absolutely not on my side, to be able to build working/automated trading systems, I have to be able to back/forward test large amounts of data and I don't have/remember how I felt 5 years ago on the same day for example, maybe I was hung over, maybe my wife drove me crazy or I was running late for my son's hockey game, or I just overslept or went fishing and missed the market, etc...

This device looks like a gimmick and I think this company is a bit late to the game of wearables, the segment was hot few years ago...

You are really a data-driven person, I think.

I agree that wearables have been hot like quite long ago. Even the topic of Intuition. But the marriage of them two kinda give me some hopes that my life quality can be improved somehow. I mean sometimes it is good to learn to trust.

Anyway, I'll think about it. Thanks :)

I gather you are not particularly interested in trading as such then, more intuition in general

This seems to be your main motivation for posting - to promote the product. I don't have a problem with that, it does look interesting and id like to have a go but I imagine if I tried it, i'd return it for a refund. This is my gut feeling :p, but its a good invention if its going to be useful for something.

Ha haha
You sound like a big doubter. But I totally understand.
How about you give it a go and then ask for a refund to see if your gut feeling is right.

Just kidding. My gut feeling tells me that I might save up to buy one while waiting for some product reviews to come.

Thanks,buddy.
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: