Who do you respect most in the money world ?

Yeah me too. the neural networks are very interesting. Very exciting to see in a few decades what he brings out
He reckons it will be far less than decades before the early stage versions come out.
I believe he said 4-6 years - but I could be misquoting him as it's been a while since I heard him say it

He reckons it will be far less than decades before the early stage versions come out.
I believe he said 4-6 years - but I could be misquoting him as it's been a while since I heard him say it
I’m not sure who is the best person in this thread to respond with this post is because we got off topic a bit, so I choose you. :)

Just because a money manager has made money for himself or his clients doesn’t mean he’s a top trader/investor. When you are managing other people’s money, that’s the fastest way to profit especially if you are managing ten billion dollars (or more) worth of assets. Collecting one quarter or one tenth of a percent of ten billion adds up to a pile of money for these mutual fund managers.

How many of these fund managers would we have heard about in the news if they started investing/trading for their own account only and kept it that way?

I've only got one... two by association.

"Charlie & I" (Buffet & Munger)

This is not even really about the vast fortune Buffet has amassed over a long track record, but rather his attitude and temperament. What a nice guy! The money doesn't seem to have changed his personality at all.

And by association, Munger. If he's liked by Warren, then he's liked by me. I love looking at their shareholder meetings. The two of them are adorable! haha
Charlie doesn't talk much, but when he does, it's my kind of language.

It's sad to think that these two wont be around much longer. What a sad day that will be.
Munger was integral to that fortune....buffet didn’t make it on his own

Why not? There is no reason to view anyone who is wealthy with any more respect than anyone else.

Bruce Kovner🤩
BruceKovnerHeadshot.jpg

I suppose one should give credit where credit is due but refine it down to which actual people have a lifestyle and ideas similar to one's own and who one could use as a template for one's own endeavours. Success and wealth are the important features. Helping others by discussing their own methods to achieve success is also a valuable part of the whole.

So who is your favourite person and why ?
Warren Buffet is my most favourite in the money world. I love some of his quotes. One of his quotes is " Do not buy things that you do not need; soon you will find yourself you can not buy things that you really need". He has so many quotes like this those I really like.