Which Way Dow? Market Direction

Whatever you guys do,

just make sure that Holy Grail does not stop posting in this thread,

He is a prophet and I am hanging on to his every word......

Like all good religous folks i'll ignore all of it come Monday:cheesy:

BBC news website. Obviously the US government senses something is wrong. Its called Financial ARMAGEDDON. That's it President Bush keep spending all your money until there is no more left! This is just a PANIC measure.

BBC NEWS | Business | US to send out $100bn in rebates

BBC NEWS | Business | The crunch bites deeper in the US

BBC NEWS | Business | Global credit crunch, facts and figures

BBC NEWS | Business | The US sub-prime crisis in graphics

BBC NEWS | Business | Timeline: Sub-prime losses

BBC NEWS | Business | Financial crises: Lessons from history

HOW CAN THE DOW MOVE UP TO NEW HIGHS? ITS REDICULOUS. Sorry for all the BAD news but there isn’t any good news I can find about the world economy.

Last edited:
BBC news website. Obviously the US government senses something is wrong. Its called Financial ARMAGEDDON. That's it President Bush keep spending all your money until there is no more left! This is just a PANIC measure.

BBC NEWS | Business | US to send out $100bn in rebates

I don't think what you are saying is completely crazy. There was a post on here(t2w) about 3 or 4 months ago(i think), it had a video attached.

Some guy from the States, and not just some trailer park whacko, he'd previously worked as quite a high ranking government official (still could be a newly formed whacko), anyway, this guy was going on about having to buy 'real' silver pieces(ounce bars), people in the states being put into 'camps', food shortages, paper money being worthless, and other stuff that would be great conversation at any dinner party.

Maybe you know who i am on about.

pollution

Click on the link below: That’s why the Stock Market has to end. The Financial system is killing the earth trough pollution. The mathematics of Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618 will NOT let the earth be destroyed. Now if you traders have a BETTER way of saving the planet you live on then ideas on a post card please. Humans do not have the answers.

Plant Earth on the Brink

How are you going to trade the DOW when the earth is DEAD?

Click on the link below: That’s why the Stock Market has to end. The Financial system is killing the earth trough pollution. The mathematics of Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618 will NOT let the earth be destroyed. Now if you traders have a BETTER way of saving the planet you live on then ideas on a post card please. Humans do not have the answers.

Plant Earth on the Brink

The earth is not being destroyed, it's being changed. The earth won't last forever anyway. Humans are animals, a part of evolution, the planet doesn't need us.

HOW CAN THE DOW MOVE UP TO NEW HIGHS? ITS REDICULOUS. Sorry for all the BAD news but there isn’t any good news I can find about the world economy.

That's because you are only looking for bad news. Perception bias you know.

Here's a selection of some good news:

Boeing earnings soar 38%, boosted by orders - Apr. 23, 2008

Why the worst may be over - Apr. 25, 2008

Goodyear swings to profit, tops estimates - Apr. 25, 2008

Microsoft beats expectations - Apr. 24, 2008

Pepsi profit rises 5% on overseas sales - Apr. 24, 2008

Rubbermaid earnings rise 15% - Apr. 24, 2008

UPS profit up 7.5% in first quarter, guidance lowered - Apr. 23, 2008

BBC NEWS | Business | Wheat prices down 40% from peak

BBC NEWS | Business | Strong demand for mobile phones

BBC NEWS | Business | Ford reports an unexpected profit

BBC NEWS | Business | Wii raises earnings at Nintendo

ITT's first-quarter profit jumps 23% - MarketWatch

Big-box retailers still expanding, in spite of slowing economy - MarketWatch

Apple earnings rise 36% behind strong Mac sales - MarketWatch

Western Digital 3Q earnings rise, revenue tops expectations - Forbes.com

Oh, and there's more where that came from...

You see Holy Grail, you're only selecting news that supports your view. This obviously isn't a scientific nor rational approach.

Disclaimer: as I don't listen to news, bad nor good news has any influence on how I think about the market. After all, I got my golden ratio (Phi) system :p

Plant Earth on the Brink

The Financial system is killing the earth trough pollution.
At first I thought this thread was a joke. With statements like the above, it's plain ridiculous.

First of all, that link is old news (3 years ago) and instead of complaining about how bad things are, why not start doing something about it yourself?

"Humans do not have the answers"? Oh yes they do, it's human psychology that creates the waves in the stock market.

At first I thought this thread was a joke. With statements like the above, it's plain ridiculous.

First of all, that link is old news (3 years ago) and instead of complaining about how bad things are, why not start doing something about it yourself?

"Humans do not have the answers"? Oh yes they do, it's human psychology that creates the waves in the stock market.

What about a planet that completely shares it's wealth equally:LOL:. Reminds me of the "greed in all it's forms" speech. Greed is the driving force.

IT’S A DEATH THROW. IT’S LAST BREATH. THE GOOD NEWS WILL NOT LAST LONG. IT IS JUST THE NICE SHINEY PAINT WORK YOU SEE COVERING WOODWORM AND DRY ROT. IT’S AN ILLUSION. THE WORLD ECONOMY DEPENDS ON THE HOUSING MARKET AND BANKING SYSTEM. THE HOUSING MARKET AND BANKING SYSTEM IN THE US IS IN CRISES AND WILL SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD. THE HOUSING MARKET AND BANKING SYSTEM IS VITAL TO ECONOMIC GROWTH. AS THE DOW FALLS SO WILL OTHER STOCK MARKETS. THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED BY FIBONACCI RULES.

Does anyone else agree with firewalker99?

You said: Human psychology is what creates the waves in the stock market. I am afraid that is an illusion as well. It moves by Fibonacci mathematics. In perfect harmony with the universe and how the planets move, which is predictable. A scientific fact. If I am such an idiot then why are there only a few saying so on this thread?

You also said firewalker99: As I don't listen to news, bad nor good news has any influence on how I think about the market. I thought you said: Human psychology is what creates the waves in the stock market. Sounds like a contradiction to me. Surely you should base your trading decisions on human psychology which is news? You haven’t got a clue about human psychology have you?

We will see firewalker99. The bets are on.

Last edited:

There's nothing do agree or disagree upon. You said there was only bad news to be found. I showed you otherwise. So please admit to the crowd that you were wrong. Or have I fabricated all the links I posted?
Where's Fibonacci when you need him? Why is there good news when everything is connected by Fibonacci?

If I am such an idiot then why are there only a few saying so on this thread?

Ehm... haven't you seen or read ANY of the posts in this thread? Or have you - again - chosen to selectively ignore everything that criticizes your so called "Fibonacci system"? Oh and some are just too polite to confront you with the truth, sorry...

You also said: As I don't listen to news, bad nor good news has any influence on how I think about the market. I thought you said: Human psychology is what creates the waves in the stock market. Sounds like a contradiction to me. Surely you should base your trading decisions on human psychology if you know what that is?

Try reading it again. There's no contradiction here.
As I am trading for real, and you're not, I see no point in further disclosing the very secret elements of my 'FIRE WALK WITH ME'-system :cheesy:

Everyone is looking at the Dow and where it is and saying the world is O.K. If you look at a painted surface how do you not know the wood beneath it is not rotten or full of woodworm?

You are being deceived by a graph. Look at the world economy and the truth not a computer graph.

The market situ of today will be reflected in the earnings of tomorrow. :smart:

That is ofcourse if companies don't pencil in 'Good will' as a rateable value? :mad:

Can somebody tell me what "good will" is doing in corporate accounts? :LOL:

Creative accounting - very nice word but what does it really mean? :cheesy:

What bets? You aren't taking any positions in any stock market and you still haven't answered when we will go to 0. You've done nothing but ramble on about the same over and over again. Besides (a) I don't take positions for longer than a day in the market (b) I have been bearish since the end of last year long before you came around here and (c) I said last week I think we move lower soon.

So now, either put your money where your mouth is or shut up.

Oh and btw, please don't PM me anymore of the crap you are laying out in this thread. It's bad enough that you're preaching Armageddon without anything to substantiate your claims (other than old news and some unproven talk about the magic of Fibonacci), I don't need my PM box filled with this kind of junk. Why are you so desperately trying to convince me or anybody else? (Trying to sell something perhaps?)

Have a good weekend...

IT’S A DEATH TROW. IT’S LAST BREATH. THE GOOD NEWS WILL NOT LAST LONG. IT IS JUST THE NICE SHINEY PAINT WORK YOU SEE COVERING WOODWORM AND DRY ROT. IT’S AN ILLUSION. THE WORLD ECONOMY DEPENDS ON THE HOUSING MARKET. THE HOUSING MARKET IN THE US IS IN CRISES AND WILL SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD. THE HOUSING MARKET IS VITAL TO ECONOMIC GROWTH. AS THE DOW FALLS SO WILL OTHER STOCK MARKETS. THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED BY FIBONACCI RULES.

You said: Human psychology is what creates the waves in the stock market. I am afraid that is an illusion as well. It moves by Fibonacci mathematics. In perfect harmony with the universe and how the planets move, which is predictable. A scientific fact. If I am such an idiot then why are there only a few saying so on this thread?

You also said firewalker99: As I don't listen to news, bad nor good news has any influence on how I think about the market. I thought you said: Human psychology is what creates the waves in the stock market. Sounds like a contradiction to me. Surely you should base your trading decisions on human psychology if you know what that is?

"IT’S A DEATH TROW"..come on stop winding me up "Throw" as in 'throw the garbage out' ,,,HOLY WAIllll

pssst... between you and me trading the price you see in the market does not have a straight line relationship to the news as you might think ;) usually about the time it starts to make news sense to you and you're getting in you'll find the others who get it are getting out ..now there's psychology for you.

Royal Bank of Scotland said they didn't need any extra capital and they have subsequently turned around and state they would like £12bn.

Barclays said they don't need extra capital and they are trying to raise capital by selling off some assets.

Bank of England have made available £60bn in total on top of £27bn for the NR fiasco and still half the banks according to European report stated as being under capitalised.

I smell fish pooh somewhere? (Does fish pooh smell? Who knows)... The fish is there any how :LOL:???

HG, you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers!

FW, do you believe the substance of all that good news? Let's be honest now :cheesy:

FW, do you believe the substance of all that good news? Let's be honest now :cheesy:

Like I said Atilla, I don't care about the news. My only point was to show to HG that there IS good news. There always is a bit of both. He's just being selective in what he chooses to post and ignores anything that might contradict his "Armageddon"-signal: If the chart shows price rising? Oh well ignore the chart! Is the news is good? Oh well ignore that, it must be an illusion. etc etc...

What bets? You aren't taking any positions in any stock market and you still haven't answered when we will go to 0. You've done nothing but ramble on about the same over and over again. Besides (a) I don't take positions for longer than a day in the market (b) I have been bearish since the end of last year long before you came around here and (c) I said last week I think we move lower soon.

So now, either put your money where your mouth is or shut up.

Oh and btw, please don't PM me anymore of the crap you are laying out in this thread. It's bad enough that you're preaching Armageddon without anything to substantiate your claims (other than old news and some unproven talk about the magic of Fibonacci), I don't need my PM box filled with this kind of junk. Why are you so desperately trying to convince me or anybody else? (Trying to sell something perhaps?)

Have a good weekend...

When Batty was here last time he was spouting similar unsubstantiated rubbish. I don't know what he's trying to prove. There may well be a whiff of self promotion, we'll wait and see.

My response to him last time was in the form of satire which was met with an inbox of abusive PMs and a subsequent banning. Let's hope he comes up with something of value otherwise the satire will continue until he swims away again.

Attachments

• DOWBAT.jpg
    DOWBAT.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 166
Hey firewalker99. If you think this tread is so crap then why do you keep coming back and contributing to it? Very strange. This tread is now officially the most POPULAR thread on T2W as I predicted it would be the other day on this thread. Dow 2008 thread has had 1,130 views since the other day and the Which Way Dow thread has had 1,775. Looks like Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618 is winning the battle. Bring it on Bat Sonar System.

Wow me against all the traders in the world. This is going to be a real eBay challenge. I am a battle hardened eBayer.

The News I provide on this thread will be news relevant to Total Financial ARMAGEDDON. Watch this space.
I am afraid the Credit Crunch around the world and the US housing market situation and its knock on affects out way any good news there is. That’s why the good news is totally irrelevant.

Last edited:
Hey firewalker99. If you think this tread is so crap then why do you keep coming back and contributing to it? Very strange. This tread is now officially the most POPULAR thread on T2W as I predicted it would be the other day on this thread. Dow 2008 thread has had 1,130 views since the other day and the Which Way Dow thread has had 1,775. Looks like Fibonacci rules of a ratio of 1.618 is winning the battle. Bring it on Bat Sonar System.

Fyi, there are hundreds of other threads out there. Comparing yours with one is again proof of your selective bias which makes you ignore everything that doesn't confirm your own view.

The most popular threads can be viewed on the front page of trade2win, at the bottom under "Most Viewed Threads". I couldn't find this one in the top 10. And even if I were, popularity doesn't equate quality. In fact, it's usually the opposite.

Wow me against all the traders in the world. This is going to be a real eBay challenge.

Since you are not trading but only waffling, I doubt that will be much of a challenge.

The News I provide on this thread will be news relevant to Total Financial ARMAGEDDON. Watch this space.

No thanks, I'm done with this thread.