Today`s BAT/USDT 15% move detected by the MOVE indicator

TickCOM

As mentioned in another thread, there is a new type of indicator called the MOVE indicator. It is a cross chart/markets aware indicator. Not only can it detect upcoming moves, but also separate when the market is in a move, and when in a retracement. The MOVE indicator is printed as chart bars. The purple line shows the direction of the market.

There is no sign of the upcoming move at the green cursor BAT/USDT chart, but the MOVE indicator at the Basket chart clearly indicates an upcoming move.

moveindicator1.jpg

Last edited:
it was also detected by your macd indicator. nothing like the good ol' MACD
Clear as day, whereas i look at the "Move" indicator and just cant make it out. wont be using that

it was also detected by your macd indicator. nothing like the good ol' MACD
Clear as day, whereas i look at the "Move" indicator and just cant make it out. wont be using that
Sorry you didnt like a new type of cross market indicator which can actually indicate upcoming moves.

The MACD indicator is here calculated using data from the MOVE indicator, so yes it is as clear as the MOVE indicator.

MACD is in general not usable to detect anything for sure, MACD has many false signals, an simply stop working in trending markets.

Last edited:
Sorry you didnt like a new type of cross market indicator which can actually indicate upcoming moves.

The MACD indicator is here calculated using data from the MOVE indicator, so yes it is as clear as the MOVE indicator.

MACD is in general not usable to detect anything for sure, MACD has many false signals, an simply stop working in trending markets.
oh i dont know...my macd is exactly the same as yours, calculated as any other MACD (except 14 instead of 12)
rolls over lovely on the histogram.
and its only as reliable as any other indicator. they all give false signals depends how you use them
2 in yellow, not so good small loss, 3 in red nice earners
like i say though, easy to interpret
at the end of the day, they're all calculated on the same data
1646488014254.png

Attachments

• 1646487673283.png
    1646487673283.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 83
oh i dont know...my macd is exactly the same as yours, calculated as any other MACD (except 14 instead of 12)
rolls over lovely on the histogram.
and its only as reliable as any other indicator. they all give false signals depends how you use them
2 in yellow, not so good small loss, 3 in red nice earners
like i say though, easy to interpret
at the end of the day, they're all calculated on the same data
View attachment 314472
So you trash this new indicator rather than embrace new achievements, which is a classic problem on this site, and why the site has no visitors. But I can tell, you cannot stop progress and achievement, even on this site.

The classic mistake is not see the false signals, only the working ones. MACD cannot be used to indicate an upcoming move, that is impossible for many reasons, there are too many false signals.

MACD can be used for timing or confirmation of what other TA indicates. The MOVE indicator is very different from MACD, calculated using different data and formula, and using data from other markets. The point is to indicate moves before they happen, not when to enter or exit.

"So you trash this new indicator"
i think you have anger issues TickCom. I've said, i love the good ol' MACD. I find it easy to interpret. I've given examples. you are perhaps using an unconscious bias to filter your thought process and looking for something that isnt there

The difference here is I know what the MOVE indicator is, you don´t.
(Have put you on ignore, and appreciate you do not comment to my posts).

Last edited: