which type of trading is the easiest?

Amazin-Trade

Hey guys, completely new but recently got into long term investing. I'm trying to make some money while waiting as well but not sure which one to get into. What is the easiest? I can't do day trading because I work full time outdoors so I can't spare the screen time. I'm guessing swing trading and option trading are better for someone like me? Thank you

Long-term trend-following off D1 charts is the simplest trading approach. It was typified by the Turtle Traders in the mid-80's. They were novices who learned to trade this way in about 2 weeks. They made millions.

Long-term trend-following off D1 charts is the simplest trading approach. It was typified by the Turtle Traders in the mid-80's. They were novices who learned to trade this way in about 2 weeks. They made millions.

What's the difference? When trading on different timeframes, you still set a certain number of lots. If the price goes in the right direction on the daily chart, then on the hourly it goes in the opposite direction and you will simply lose money.
I'm also new to this business. I would be happy to explain :)

Hi A-T,
If there was a type of trading that is 'easier' than any other - then that's what most people would do. Forex is billed as such by those who have a vested interest in drawing newbies into that market - but all the available evidence suggests that it's the easiest way to lose one's money the quickest. Tom's advice (above) is sound: trading a longer timeframe will help to ensure you stay in the game longer than you otherwise would.
Tim.

What's the difference? When trading on different timeframes, you still set a certain number of lots. If the price goes in the right direction on the daily chart, then on the hourly it goes in the opposite direction and you will simply lose money.
I'm also new to this business. I would be happy to explain :)
I trade off D1 charts. I don't have a holding time limit. My stop-loss is located several x ATR(14) from D1 data away from entry. It doesn't matter to me much what price does within a few hours on any day. Its all parallel to what the Turtles were doing.

My suggestion is to start by reading Mebane Faber's book Global Asset Allocation, free pdf download online or book on Amazon and then research Tactical Asset Allocation and sites like Allocate Smartly. I have run TAA portfolios as part of my strategy for a number of years. These rebalance on average monthly so they are a low maintenance with very good risk/return.

A-T,
Scrap what anyone else says, me included. My advice is just follow TWI's advice!
:p

PS. Very nice to see you TWI - hope all's well with you?

:ROFLMAO: Not sure that is the best advice timsk. Nice to see you too.
Things are going well thanks, still learning and still in the game. Hope you are very well too.

As a new member here, but with a few years of experience... I would say long term investing is ok if you have large sums of money invested. Low cash value investments that are long term don't return enough money to have made it worth your time in my opinion.

I have always bet larger sums on long term investments, and somewhat smaller investments day trading.

Just my two cents. :unsure:

I think trading with time-frames that are not very short or long is the best choice link one used in swing trading strategy. And use appropriate stops.