Which Type of trading is suited to me???

J_C_Anderson

100 14
It seems to be a quite difficult to trade without charts, especially intraday. I have seen only a few people able to do this, and even they were using quotes on watchlist to understand the price movement. Sometimes trading without charts could be suitable for mid- and long term trading based on fundamental ideas.

NVP

Legendary member
36,297 1,789
Yep. I just stopped talking about it because I realized that by posting about daytrades and daytrading I was encouraging people who have no business daytrading to do it themselves. Unfortunately, there is a common perception that if you're not daytrading, you're not really trading. So the idea of trading a daily chart seems ridiculously old-fashioned. And so every few weeks we get a new batch of "traders" who want to know "how to get started". Not that t2w is unique in this regard. It's the same everywhere.

Db

agreed .............I daytrade now as i have more time to do it ....wouldnt have dreamt of it when i was doing 14 hour days as a consultant ..........but it did go up the TF's to keep my hand in

NVP

Legendary member
36,297 1,789
Firstly, i have been here a few weeks, now keeping an eye on things on posts etc, based on what I think to be worth posting or my opinion on things. This is not bashing or slandering, its going to be a collection of information on why we have cosmetic MTX and what you can do about it.
This is a big read, So grab yourself a tea or preferred beverage and ready yourself..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showbox
Decaf tea brewed ......sitting waiting dude :)

NVP

Legendary member
36,297 1,789
I trade intraday while working a full time job (in the IT industry also). I trade news and fundamentals (no charts needed). You can plan your trades around the economic calendar and do research outside of work. All you need is a news feed running on your desktop and trade off your mobile.

nice .....

I used to do the odd dirty trade when i worked in an office .....used a backdoor through the firewall to get charts up .....but generally was still too busy to make it worthwhile.....

hatemypips

319 11
try the features auto trading from your brokers. might be helpful.
What do you mean under auto trading? Could you please cite any examples? Is it same as passive investing like Pamms?

Pat494

Legendary member
13,272 1,278
I suggest you concentrate on your day job rather than rushing into day trading.
There is plenty of time to watch the markets before and after work using a daily
time frame.

hatemypips

319 11
I suggest you concentrate on your day job rather than rushing into day trading.
There is plenty of time to watch the markets before and after work using a daily
time frame.

Yeah I also tend to spend no more than 2-3 hours daily, but only when I have spare time. It helps me to fulfill my job tasks so trading doesn't interfere with it.

walpants

8 4
i am back on demo trying to figure out a style to suit me, i thought i should be a scalper as i am really impatient so i thought quick little trades would suit me but i gave up at that (maybe too quickly) i just couldnt get it right.

danpadcas

15 0
Day trading is really hard. You can have really good days when your gains actually can make up for a whole month. But the truth is to make consistent profits, in the long run, you don't have to be a good trade, you have to be really really good. That's why the percentage of successful daytraders is so low.

srldiagnostics

1 0
During Junior Year in the School of Pipsology, we learned that each forex trader is unique and that various trading styles fit different types of personalities. If your personality doesn’t match your style of trading, you could wind up hurting your account and your ego. This quiz can help you find out whether you are better off as a scalper, a day trader, a swing trader, or a position trader. Disclaimer: Take the results with a grain of salt. The results you get are just recommendations based on your answers and are meant to get you onto the right path. As you get better, keep an open mind to all new experiences and realities to help you evolve and grow your trading abilities

SRL Home Collection Jhandu Shayar ki Jhandu Shayari Short Hindi Love Story

hatemypips

319 11
It seems to be a quite difficult to trade without charts, especially intraday. I have seen only a few people able to do this, and even they were using quotes on watchlist to understand the price movement. Sometimes trading without charts could be suitable for mid- and long term trading based on fundamental ideas.
You don't need the price if you feel it doesn't contain any important information which will help you to forecast its future movement. Fundamental analysis is basically based on the assumption that fair value of an asset is different from current price or in other words its overbought or oversold. While looking on charts its very tempting to see some highs and lows and based from your subjective impression make conclusions should it be sold or bought.

J_C_Anderson

100 14
At the same time, the price is also important even in case is you mostly operate with fundamental analysis. For example, you need to understand whether there is an unefficiency between the current price and the price that would be appropriate according to the fundamental changes. For example, if the company issues generally positive earnings results, you can expect the price movement, but in case if the price is already + 15% at the opening of the new trading session, it is possible to say that new price already includes the information on the changing fundamentals.