Which software??

Chorlton

Established member
Hi all,

I'm new to Trading and would like to know which software would be the best choice for me to use. My choice is between Metastock 9.0 and Sharescope?

In terms of trading, I won't be day trading so will only need EOD data. I will also be using TA, so charts (once I learn how to read them properly!! :) ), will be an important factor.

Any help much appreciated....................

There are packages other than MetaStock and Sharescope. If i may ask, how did you narrow your choices to those two?

Are you trading US or UK shares?

I thoroughly recommend ShareScope for UK EOD but Metastock is more geared (and more powerful) to the US Market.

JonnyT

QQQShort said:
There are packages other than MetaStock and Sharescope. If i may ask, how did you narrow your choices to those two?

Basically, a friend of mine uses both Metastock & Sharescope, so I've only really had exposure to these two. However I don't really want to pay for EOD for Metastock and a monthly fee for sharescope, so thats why I only want to use one.

I've asked my friend which one he'd prefer but he feels that he gets maximum benefit from using both..........

JonnyT said:
Are you trading US or UK shares?

I thoroughly recommend ShareScope for UK EOD but Metastock is more geared (and more powerful) to the US Market.

JonnyT

Thanks for the reply. I intend (initially) to be trading UK shares.

Can I ask why Metastock is more geared to US shares???? Also, do you get a similar selection of charts using Sharescope?? I've seen Metastock in action (via my friend) and he manages to have various charts (MACD, RSI, MA, etc) all within the same view, making it easier to read a particular stock.

He uses Metastock for the charting side, and Sharescope for the individual trade/ volume information. However, I don't really want to pay £125 for EOD data for Metastock and £15 / mth for Sharescope. I need to choose just one.......

I use shrescope for many good features it has....in fact it is one software that tries to combine fundamentals and charting on one package....however charting is still in infancy, but it is catching up.....you can export data from this package to metastock...in fact that is one of the good part about this package....

Please see Metastock board under software....and read some threads which contain very good section on how to go about it....

any problems please PM me or post here.....

Done a search on MS board cannot find anything on using sharescope data with metastock any chance you could expand on this please I am very interested.

Jeff

OK...click on the link below....which will take you to metastock board....and there are some threads where this is discussed in some detail.....also please select some threads going back approx 100 days or so....

I have asked Sharky and Rognvald to set some of these things as a 'data bank' or a 'sticky' so that the source will be there for browsing.....hopefully this will happen shortly....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=91

any probs...please PM me...

Last edited:
zambuck said:
I use shrescope for many good features it has....in fact it is one software that tries to combine fundamentals and charting on one package....however charting is still in infancy, but it is catching up.....you can export data from this package to metastock...in fact that is one of the good part about this package....

Please see Metastock board under software....and read some threads which contain very good section on how to go about it....

any problems please PM me or post here.....

Thanks for your help Zambuck

it all depend on the market you are interested in. but i am thinking of using a Visualtrader software for US stocks.