Which mobile device?

seancass

Can anyone advise on a cost-effective and versatile mobile dealing device (blackberry/iphone/ etc) that will allow me to trade from virtually anywhere I can get internet/mobile telephone connection? It needs to be quick to log-in, load charts etc. at any time and from which I will be able to open, monitor and then close trades without being stuck in front of a computer all day.

Is there somewhere on T2W that discusses this?

Many thanks.

Seancass

Last edited:
IB do a mobile app. Don't know what devices run it though.

I have my trusty HTC XDA Mini S (it runs Windows Mobile). Metatrader Mobile runs on it fine (if you turn off error reports!) as does IG's mobile applet.

You might want to consider a netbook with a wireless modem. It still uses a mobile phone connection, but at least the screen is large enough to see your entire charts at once. Maybe my eyes are just not suited for a small phone...

if you use wireless with netbook and go anywhere as OP stated you should prepare for the account to be stolen pretty quick. Wifi has virtually no security.

In 5 min of googling any of you can be able to decently hack any wifi user in the same cell.

the alternative is mobile broadband.. But I struggle to find the right one which works in the City so far...