Which is your preferred charting method for trading?

Which is your preferred charting method for trading?

• Line Charts

Votes: 20 6.3%
  • Bar Charts

Votes: 67 21.2%
  • Candlestick Charts

Votes: 195 61.7%
  • Candlevolume Charts

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Volume Charts

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Point and Figure (PNF) Charts

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Equivolume Charts

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Kagi Charts

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Renko Charts

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Three Link Break Charts

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Other (Please specify in thread)

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Kiwi said:
For Candlesticks go to amazon and look up the source .... Steve Nison.

My opinion is that candlesticks give the sense of more information without actually providing it so I prefer bar charts .... but thats only my opinion.
I would tend to agree with you that candles, however presented, constitute visual clutter.

Nobody makes consistent money reading candelstick charts. Your living in a dream world guys.
How simple would it be for a computer to read candelsticks? This stuff is way old.

Yawn.

Most people use candlestick charts because it is simply a personal preference for the pictorial representation of price. Some people prefer to see things on bar charts and other methods.

Most people who use candlestick charts also use other methods in conjunction with those charts in order to make consistent or inconsistent profits ( or even losses ) in the market.

I just find your statement ludicrously thin and, by the way, you can't spell candle.

Or is candelstick charting a different technique to candlestick charting ?

Hmmm !

;) :LOL: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
GotGold said:
Most of the TA stuff pre dates the computer age. Show me somthing that is better than 50% over a reasonable time frame.

Making money out of old fashioned TA like candelsticks is virtually impossible in anything but the short term and thats just luck.

Can you be more constructive Got Gold _ what do you use and why?

I have tried both bars & candles. Both are good, but I prefer candles .... I think it is my failing eyesight.
As to the arguement of the candlebody masking the stalk.I think that I can safely say ,once your stops have been clipped by the little buggers a couple of times, the stalks will have gained your utmost attention.

I trade forex futures and I colour my candles to change colour once the 18 day pricebands have been breached. It reminds me to take the current direction seriously and maybe let the 1st Turning Point pass before taking a contrarian trade.
18 PC is not my only trendy notion, but it does attract my attention.