Which currency would you invest in for 1 year+ term?

Which currency would you invest in for 1 year+ term?

• USD (U.S. dollar)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • GBP (British pound)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • CAD (Canadian dollar)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EUR (Euro)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • AUD (Australian dollar)

• CHF (Swiss franc)

• JPY (Japanese yen)

• CNY (Chinese yuan)

• RUB (Russian ruble)

• BRL (Brazilian real)

• Total voters

hhiusa

This is survey by Dukascopy Bank SA. The results are listed below separated by region. They also show results for the world in general.

World
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_9_24_53_AM.png

North America
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_9_25_59_AM.png

Europe
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_9_27_50_AM.png

Australia
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_9_28_55_AM.png

South America
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_9_23_25_AM.png

Quote -

The dollar’s decline over the past 30 years has been far greater than most Americans realize. It has lost almost half its value against other major currencies since 1985 and is down 33% in the past 11 years alone. Indeed, the value of the U.S. dollar is lower today than it was in 2009 when the recession ended. In part, this fall occurred because of government policies in Europe and Japan that kept the euro and the yen overvalued.

I think people like the dollar - because the US print so many

Check to see if the note is actually still wet when you collect it from the Bank

:LOL:

Quote -

The dollar’s decline over the past 30 years has been far greater than most Americans realize. It has lost almost half its value against other major currencies since 1985 and is down 33% in the past 11 years alone. Indeed, the value of the U.S. dollar is lower today than it was in 2009 when the recession ended. In part, this fall occurred because of government policies in Europe and Japan that kept the euro and the yen overvalued.

I think people like the dollar - because the US print so many

Check to see if the note is actually still wet when you collect it from the Bank

:LOL:

In any event, the poll by Dukascopy shows data that is contrary to your view. Europe would still put more money in the dollar than the euro. It looks as though Australia and Asia would be the biggest investors in the dollar for the 1 year+ term and Asia and South America would be the biggest investors for the 5 year+ term. In fact, it looks as though Asia and Australia would not touch the euro with a 100 ft pole.

I guess you have to make your 50+ posts/day somehow. :LOL:
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_9_53_57_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_9_51_54_AM.png

Being American - you would know how stats and figures can be misleading. If you count my holidays and the fact that weekends when not trading i might only do a few posts on a Saturday and Sunday - then my Monday to Friday count when I am here is maybe over 70 -80 posts + per day - with the majority of the comments all related to FX intraday trading etc

Not wanting to go off topic - but just heard that since 911 in the US - only 100 people have been killed by terrorists - BUT over 425000 + people killed by gun shootings. The Gun lobby and many Capitalists who put money before people, will slowly destroy the States - shame - then the dollar will continue to falter and lose out. You also need a NHS or equivalent to sort out all these mentally ill people who cannot afford their meds - they can get a gun easy enough - but not what they really need.

Long Live the Dollar

Regards

F

Last edited:
Being American - you would know how stats and figures can be misleading. If you count my holidays and the fact that weekends when not trading i might only do a few posts on a Saturday and Sunday - then my Monday to Friday count when I am here is maybe over 70 -80 posts + per day - with the majority of the comments all related to FX intraday trading etc

Not hardly! You spent a lot of time in the capitalism forum. You reply to great majority of my posts.

Not wanting to go off topic - but just heard that since 911 in the US - only 100 people have been killed by terrorists - BUT over 425000 + people killed by gun shootings. The Gun lobby and many Capitalists who put money before people, will slowly destroy the States - shame - then the dollar will continue to falter and lose out. You also need a NHS or equivalent to sort out all these mentally ill people who cannot afford their meds - they can get a gun easy enough - but not what they really need.

Really? Where did you hear that only 100 people died? That figure about gun shootings is wrong; however, the number is still quite high. There were 14,196 murders last years. I am not surprised you think figures can be misleading, when you are the one doing the misleading. 425,000? over what time period? Since you do not have a formal education and live in Birmingham, I forgive you.

These are not American figures. The data was compiled from a Swiss bank.

It might manage 1.13 in month 1 from here as it continues to oscillate while consolidating: I don't see any momentum to breach the June Highs.

After that, price should remain below the current level in months 2 and 3.

My guestimate for price this time on 24 October is 1.0622. Highest High in the 3 months 1.31, lowest Low 1.0600.

If the sentiment is that gold is going to decrease in value, why would you invest in it? Gold backed money is meaningless. Every country in the world has inflation. Gold is an inelastic good. The amount of pounds and dollars in circulation is ever increasing, which means gold reserves cannot keep up. Your idea of gold backed currency is so antiquated. It is capitalism time, baby!
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_11_38_28_AM.png

Not hardly! You spent a lot of time in the capitalism forum. You reply to great majority of my posts.

Really? Where did you hear that only 100 people died? That figure about gun shootings is wrong; however, the number is still quite high. There were 14,196 murders last years. I am not surprised you think figures can be misleading, when you are the one doing the misleading. 425,000? over what time period? Since you do not have a formal education and live in Birmingham, I forgive you.

These are not American figures. The data was compiled from a Swiss bank.

If the sentiment is that gold is going to decrease in value, why would you invest in it? Gold backed money is meaningless. Every country in the world has inflation. Gold is an inelastic good. The amount of pounds and dollars in circulation is ever increasing, which means gold reserves cannot keep up. Your idea of gold backed currency is so antiquated. It is capitalism time, baby!
Screen_Shot_2015_07_24_at_11_38_28_AM.png

Does that figure include mysterious and not so mysterious police deaths?

Shouldn't you be moderating and keeping people on the thread's topic. Do you have any comments about currency?

The police shootings are included. Why would they not be? Does murder have anything to do with this thread? :smart:

According to the Dukascopy poll, Australian prefer the USD 8 times more than the GBP and 6 times more than the euro. This is interesting because Europeans do not value real estates as much as Americans, Australians and Asians do. It is probably because property values appreciate quicker in America, Australia and the Asiatic and are a more stable bet.

GBP without a doubt , against USD , EUR and NZD .

I am surprised that no one chosen the CHF. Switzerland is the only stable currency in Europe besides the DKK and NOK, which I did not put on the list because it was not part of the survey. I like the AUD/USD and USD/NOK. They are countries with sound immigration policies.

Investing in currencies based on immigration policies ! :LOL:

Investing in currencies based on immigration policies ! :LOL:

Immigration policies are important to the stability of a country. The UK is a prime example. Eastern blockers have immigrated to the UK and received council housing and got on the NHS. A stricter immigration policy leads to less depletion of government resources and taxpayer money. If the UK suffers, the GBP suffers.

Maybe should invest based on pollution levels ! Because pollution depletes gov resources and thus the currency suffers .

Maybe should invest based on pollution levels ! Because pollution depletes gov resources and thus the currency suffers .

Pollution?:LOL::LOL:

I think immigration does a great deal more damage than pollution. Suit yourself! Your country will not have to worry about immigration.