Which broker provides the best charting software?

dwp102

As above. I am currently using Market Maker by CMC but it is being decommissioned for some crazy reason. Ideally I want charts that have very small borders. Thanks to anyone who replies.

As above. I am currently using Market Maker by CMC but it is being decommissioned for some crazy reason. Ideally I want charts that have very small borders. Thanks to anyone who replies.

I am sure you have other requirements beyond the size of the borders...

Free Platforms I know of --

1. IBFX/Monex offers TradeStation min. $2500 deposit, no lease, no trade quota for FX
2. jForex powered by Dukascopy Free. Alpari and FXDD offer to US Clients
Very distant 3rd MB Trading's DeskTop pro has great order entry/management

Paid --

1. NinjaTrader

No ranking assigned...

A boatload including MultiCharts, Neoticker...

Anyone migrated from MT4 to a 'better' free/paid charting platform?
I have tried a few others in the past but predominantly used MT4 for charting

I have used MT4 and I am happy with it. It does what I need it to do, but if you have any one particular in mind I would take a look.

Yes. I use NinjaTrader.

Some reasons I like it much better than MT4.

1. Program in C# and .NET... very mportant advantage to people who program their own indicators/systems.

2. Locally managed historical database.... I no longer rely on the broker/data providers historical data. I control my own.

3. Session Templates. I control when my candles open and close.

4. Tick based charts. Far far superior to minute based charts. This is reason alone to change from MT4. MT4 minute limitation is a huge clue that it is a retailers toy, and at worst designed from the ground up to fleece the trader in deal desk execution models through the Virtual Dealer Plugin.

5. Multiple windows on multiple screens.

6. far superior trade entry and position management.

The list could go on and on....

Yes. I use NinjaTrader.

Some reasons I like it much better than MT4.

1. Program in C# and .NET... very mportant advantage to people who program their own indicators/systems.

2. Locally managed historical database.... I no longer rely on the broker/data providers historical data. I control my own.

3. Session Templates. I control when my candles open and close.

4. Tick based charts. Far far superior to minute based charts. This is reason alone to change from MT4. MT4 minute limitation is a huge clue that it is a retailers toy, and at worst designed from the ground up to fleece the trader in deal desk execution models through the Virtual Dealer Plugin.

5. Multiple windows on multiple screens.

6. far superior trade entry and position management.

The list could go on and on....

I will check it out, thanks for sharing.

I will check it out, thanks for sharing.

As much as I like NInjaTrader, if you are trading FX exclusively, the free TradeStation offer from IBFX/Monex is incredible.

If I wasn't already invested in NinjaTrader, I'd take that deal.

As much as I like NInjaTrader, if you are trading FX exclusively, the free TradeStation offer from IBFX/Monex is incredible.

If I wasn't already invested in NinjaTrader, I'd take that deal.

I have cam across tradestation a few times and checked out there tradestation pro offer.

Tradestation is very good, they have the best free charting software in the business I think,
I never liked NT, I found it very difficult to use and to set up.

Tradestation is very good, they have the best free charting software in the business I think,
I never liked NT, I found it very difficult to use and to set up.

I am in the process of setting up NT, and it is a bit harder then it should be. Tradestation is more like the iPhone in the market while NT reminds me of Android.

good comparrision, one thing with NT I notised is that you need to fidle with the settings more than the actual trading, I just like things to work right out of the box, TS does that for me.

good comparrision, one thing with NT I notised is that you need to fidle with the settings more than the actual trading, I just like things to work right out of the box, TS does that for me.

NinjaTrader has its advantages too... chief among them being its broker agnostic.... I am not stuck trading with Trade Station Securities/Monex... I can even have multiple brokers on the same platform.

Not everyone uses the programming features of a platform, but I do, and much prefer the C# implementation of NinjaTrader...

It sure isn't perfect though.

I wouldn't pay fro TradeStation.... but for FX traders with $2500 on deposit its free... no trade minimum, no data fees.

Free has a nice ring to it. Given the Monex offer... its a no brainer. TS wins.

Im sure you are right, there are many traders using NT and are happy about it, but just too technical for me, Im not much into programming or auto trading.

Agree with all the above but for a total package as in platform and charting hard to beat JFOREX offered by Dukascopy.

I would personally say any broker that can hook up with Ninja.
Totally free, unless you wan to execute via ninja, instead of broker platform.