Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Hmm, might have to change the target to 14K at this rate..and that is before xmas!

Got closed out of my short of 10850 from yesterday pretty early on this morning - ouch!

Seems to be taking a breather at the moment around 10950 - what a difference a day makes!

I'm still thinking short but not sure of entry point - anyone else thinking short, or are people who aren't long out at the moment?

100EMA on the 1 min chart coming up..

crucial period...do we bounce and resume the uptrend, or will it pierce it and make a long journey south?

fc

Now that we called the 'short term' top a play of 10900 and a close below it to finish the session please. That'll make an interesting chart set-up.....

Come on B***h.

Roll over and die! Yeh I'm still talking about the market :devilish:

will it? wont it?

Its a big ask, but then if this is a proper turn then something of the sort is needed.....You got 42minutes......tick tock.....I just want a close below 10900....if this up move is just fake then a slide below 10900 might prompt it to dip into the negative zone.......Who knows.....goodluck

Do you get money if you take it of the table now?

If we can play with 10900 before 8.30 UK time then we have a great chance......The reason I say 8.30 is as I'm watching the 30min chart as it looks the cleanest one. We we close this candle near 10900 area then it'll look ugly and a similar size candle could follow.......

nah mate.. ive got a hedge order in place, but that isnt likely to get hit unless we hit sub 10900...

lets see how it pans out.. an 8/1 reward/risk trade is always a goodie...

:)

kriesau said:
This current rally seems to defy all logic and economic facts apart from the seasonal tradition of Christmas rallies.

The September trade deficit hit a new record of $66bn and it will continue to increase due to oil prices even if they remain in the $55 - $60 range (which they won't) since they have moved up from $40 at the begining of the year. The US needs to maintain bond sales to finance this deficit and they succeeded in getting $100bn in September which comfortably covers this requirement. HOWEVER little of this came from banks - most of it came from PI's and other institutions attracted by rising US interest rates. These sources of funds are volatile and they can reverse as fast as they came. Overseas bank share of these funds has declined from 30% to 5% over the past 12 months. This deficit is unsustainable and it will be further enhanced by the rsing domestic budget deficit too.

The housing bubble is ready to burst with sustained interest rate rises. Consumer spending is about to falter for the same reason (remember this is 72% of GDP) and GM is about to go into Chapter 11 with a debt mountain in excess of $400bn and this will create a major banking crisis.

Rome (Washington) is burning and Nero (Dubya) is playing his flute and swanning around Asia while the crisis deepens like a rising Tsunami. When this wave breaks, better watch out below !

But you are forgetting... "it is different this time"

:eek:

Position will be closed at end of day

Dont ya just love it when it does exactly what is says on the packet

and a close at 903 ( give or take half a point) would be nice

"it is different this time"

but it is.......

isn't it? :devilish:

Well maybe not.....

but I'm sure this time it'l work out fine......

Yeh how about........like F**K!

not started on the turkey yet lol..

though my first xmas dinner is next week...

my personal best is 8 full turkey christmas dinners before the end of xmas day..

that is your challenge should you choose to accept it lol :)

fc

edit:- i should point out the meals were not all on the same day lol