Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

The Dow keeps inching up and up but interestingly the S&P is fairly static at +1.7/8
Socs
I've got my eye on the one with the cherry on top !!

(AFX) -- The United Auto Workers union said Friday that its members ratified a health-care agreement with General Motors (NYSE: GM - news) by a 61% majority vote. The tentative deal to slash GM's health-care costs for retirees by $15 billion and save about $1 billion in cash a year was announced last month. Shares of General Motors rose almost 4% in midday trading to $24.37 after losing as much as 12% of their value this week.

MRK
A New Jersey judge overseeing 3,500 Vioxx cases told lawyers that the next ten cases she hears must involve plaintiffs who took the drug for at least 18 months - a negative for the company as it acknowledged last year that Vioxx increased heart attack risk when people used it for 18 months or more. Merck pulled the drug from the market based on that conclusion.

Pat494 said:
10644 would be just great for my Dow comp :D
Sorry, it is not going to happen. I said on the 11th October the dow had 450 points to go, North.

The target was 10688 from 10238.

It finally hit 10689 one minute ago, that is UP 451 points exactly, time taken 25 trading days.

I rest my case.

SOCRATES said:
Sorry, it is not going to happen. I said on the 11th October the dow had 450 points to go, North.

It finally hit 10689 one minute ago, that is UP 451 points exactly, time taken 25 trading days.

I rest my case.

P(X=450)=1?

If this drop is arrested with significant volume underneath once more the next leg up potentially looks a 450 pointer

"if" " potentially" Did you trade it????

No use giving advise if you dont take it yourself eh!

SOCRATES said:

I rest my case.

O' Socrates,

Wisest of the wise, Oracle of the DOW, the one with the farthest vision -
please enlighten us mortal humans on the course of the Dow for the next 25 trading days.

Sincerely,
Karmit - considering name change to Plato :)

SOCRATES said:

I rest my case.
I am a bit disappointed though. An 82 point fall first and only at break even after 13 days. As you go on about using tight stops, would this have hit the stop? Or do you now advocate a wide stop? I suppose the stop was 83 points :)

Bigbusiness said:
I am a bit disappointed though. An 82 point fall first and only at break even after 13 days. As you go on about using tight stops, would this have hit the stop? Or do you now advocate a wide stop? I suppose the stop was 83 points :)
What now ? You expect me to tell you how to do it as well ? Do you expect me to write a book on stop management in detail as well ? Do you expect me to discuss all the details of stop management from long range right down to minutes, or what do you expect ?

You have seen the long range call, it is accurate to within 2 points so what more do you want ?

dc2000 said:
"if" " potentially" Did you trade it????

No use giving advise if you dont take it yourself eh!
Mind your own business, because from the comments you have made today, it needs more than serious minding, it needs a new brain.

karmit said:
O' Socrates,

Wisest of the wise, Oracle of the DOW, the one with the farthest vision -
please enlighten us mortal humans on the course of the Dow for the next 25 trading days.

Sincerely,
Karmit - considering name change to Plato :)
Perhaps.

SOCRATES said:
What now ? You expect me to tell you how to do it as well ? Do you expect me to write a book on stop management in detail as well ? Do you expect me to discuss all the details of stop management from long range right down to minutes, or what do you expect ?

You have seen the long range call, it is accurate to within 2 points so what more do you want ?

You didn't give any numbers for the entry in your post, so this is not accurate. I expect a lot from you, as you claim it is all easy and set the bar high. You don't seem to be able to live up to your own high standards.

Bigbusiness said:
You didn't give any numbers for the entry in your post, so this is not accurate. I expect a lot from you, as you claim it is all easy and set the bar high. You don't seem to be able to live up to your own high standards.
I am not telling you any numbers, because the numbers are not any of your business, simple.

SOCRATES said:
I am not telling you any numbers, because the numbers are not any of your business, simple.

If you post 20 trades like that, I might be slightly impressed. At the moment, I have only seen one and that was with a wide stop. See if you can do better next time :)

Right, I had to interrupt that because of an incoming call.

What you do not understand is that I am under no obligation to reveal anything as to how I arrive at these conclusions in advance of the event.

You can thank all the rude and disrespectful members on this site for my refusal to cooperate.

If, from the very beginning all of you had behaved properly, by now many of you would have already been properly educated in the trading art of true darksiding.

But you all have shut the gate upon yourselves, and this is the reward.

What you do not understand is that I am under no obligation to reveal anything as to how I arrive at these conclusions in advance of the event.

You can thank all the rude and disrespectful members on this site for my refusal to cooperate.

If, from the very beginning all of you had behaved properly, by now many of you would have already been properly educated in the trading art of true darksiding.

Ok I have heard this so many times before, every time a member asks Soc a question about trading we get the Im not going to tell you anything because you didn't ask properly or you don't deserve to know or another excuse.

So my questions are to any member other than Soc
Has any member ever been enlightened as to the methods that Soc trades with?
Has any member ever used any of Socs trading methods to trade with?

dc2000 said:
So my questions are to any member other than Soc
Has any member ever been enlightened as to the methods that Soc trades with?
Has any member ever used any of Socs trading methods to trade with?

You kidding, right?