Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Racer said:
You come on this thread make a few noises and then complain without contributing
Let the readers judge
No, you know I am not complaining. I have nothing to complain about. I have contributed .. just not the majority fixation which you want to hear.

Don't take it hard, because I tell you that you will not find your fortune in charts or volume.

As in anything, there are always some or a few at least lurking, looking, seeking and knowing that all this chart cods and volume stuff either doesn't work or doesn't work well enough.
:)

Fudgebrain

AHHHHHHH I think someone is about to offer us poor ignorant saps a super dooper system that will make us millions in a matter of seconds !!!!!!!! Yippee
:D :D

Charts And Indicators

fudgestain said:
No, you know I am not complaining. I have nothing to complain about. I have contributed .. just not the majority fixation which you want to hear.

Don't take it hard, because I tell you that you will not find your fortune in charts or volume.

As in anything, there are always some or a few at least lurking, looking, seeking and knowing that all this chart cods and volume stuff either doesn't work or doesn't work well enough.

Hi Fudge, If you look and try / test & Try / Test ( in my case 6 years ) you may one day find the constant Indicator / chart system that gives you an 84.5 % profit return.
So dont just think that charting is a waste of time, you just have to put in the work , my past Dow contest results are based on this. But my system and Indicator are private !
Best Regards :rolleyes:

fudgestain said:
Oh poor thing. Have I tried to take away all your charty-warties and volly-wolumes?
Be content, clasp them to your breast and stay with them. You are free to do what you want.
Well why don't you just stick with your Snakes and Ladders - it's obviously very easy to understand and clearly suits your mentality. :LOL:

Fudgestain posts a horsesh*t comment in response to analysis freely offered by Kriseau. That analysis is subsequently proven to be correct as the dow breaks above 10640 on the way to a 50+ point gain intraday.

Now the thread has degenerated into a slagging match.

IGNORE THE TROLL.

Pat494 said:
AHHHHHHH I think someone is about to offer us poor ignorant saps a super dooper system that will make us millions in a matter of seconds !!!!!!!! Yippee
:D :D
Well you are making a noise but not millions.

Minder said:
Fudgestain posts a horsesh*t comment in response to analysis freely offered by Kriseau. That analysis is subsequently proven to be correct as the dow breaks above 10640 on the way to a 50+ point gain intraday.
Now the thread has degenerated into a slagging match.

IGNORE THE TROLL.
Abuse, deary me.

A dissenting view is not a slagging match. I don't offer or sell a system; I have pointed to the direction to take for the odd one or two who might be thinking.

But do what you or anyone else is happy doing. Can't be simpler, can it?

kriesau said:
Well why don't you just stick with your Snakes and Ladders - it's obviously very easy to understand and clearly suits your mentality. :LOL:
I'm pleased to note that you've already learned about Snakes & Ladders.

A chart is only a visual of one class of numbers, the live price. There are other more important derived numbers and parameters (not, I may say, indicators ie MACD, Stochastics, etc)

Don't take a dissenting view so hard. Regard it as helpful. I have a background in futures, have been a floor trader, have managed clients accounts in futures, have operated in NY also and have run a commission house for an investment bank.

Professional use of the market entails the weight of staking you deploy and accurate prediction based on the relevant numbers.

fudgestain said:
I'm pleased to note that you've already learned about Snakes & Ladders.

A chart is only a visual of one class of numbers, the live price. There are other more important derived numbers and parameters (not, I may say, indicators ie MACD, Stochastics, etc)

Don't take a dissenting view so hard. Regard it as helpful. I have a background in futures, have been a floor trader, have managed clients accounts in futures, have operated in NY also and have run a commission house for an investment bank.

Professional use of the market entails the weight of staking you deploy and accurate prediction based on the relevant numbers.
fudgestain,im keeping out of the slanging match but, if you are talking about accurate predictions,how on earth are you drawing conclusions without charts or any indicators so to speak?

houdani said:
fudgestain,im keeping out of the slanging match but, if you are talking about accurate predictions,how on earth are you drawing conclusions without charts or any indicators so to speak?
Equally why would you want to join up price numbers with a line, call it chart and bend down in adoration of it? Just because it assists you by giving a visualisation, huh? Why would anyone then spend moments, hours, days, years and even decades in veneration of these simplistic visualisations?

Numbers can be put in a table.

fudgestain said:

hello mate, now you make a point here, but why do you think volume does not help with trading decisions ?

The way i see it is price can attract volume , a measure of interest/activity around a price.how people feel, how many bargains are done at price thats one point. But then volume itself may attract activity primary, price secondary. More often than not its indicative of potential price behaviour. Agreed perhaps you do not need it to trade, but its no negative to see what the activity is or has been connected to price.

now youv'e told me I will not find fortune in charts ? or volume. or charts of volume maybe.
but how have you reached that opinion, why basically ?

As a further point most business will alter price for goods or services in their cycle , what happens when price is cut ? volume /activity at those cheaper prices increase. I used to be involved in merchandising years back and they had formulas to work out how many weeks it would take in order to shift the goods if they reduced priced, how many sales it would generate. same principals different products offered for trade.

With all this posturing and macho assertiveness, are we about to be amazed and astounded by the genious of Mr. Fudgestain the mighty or just amused by the chirpings of Fudgey the budgey ??
Perhaps the revelations from this giant of the human intellect will make the situation clearer, in the next few days ?
I for one await his pronouncements with baited breath................... :eek:
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Hi MrMarcus . ... Good to see you are still about and holding your corner ,keep scalping and making tons of pips.

Regards King Numpty.

What traders post is merely opinions. There is no need to get worked up about someone else's opinion. If you don't agree with it, fine - that's your good right.But remember it's just an OPINION. Life's to short to spend time arguing with people you've never even met! You should all really try to chill out and take postings for what they are: OPINIONS.

I have posted this on the volume thread.I feel it suites this thread also.

Successful speculators learn to follow price action and not try futilely to predict turning points in advance. They seek to trade in tune with the large participants who move the markets.futures contract--fundamental, political, psychological or otherwise--is actually reflected in the price of that commodity. It follows, therefore, that a study of price action is all that is required.let the market tell you which way it is most likely wants to go.

You know there are reasons why markets go up and down.I just dont believe that knowing what those reasons are is necessary.I been trading a long time.I did not have the tools as you guys have today, to study volume,I just trade on price action. But I am not saying volume dont work. I dont feel its necessary..to make a few $$$ Good luck

Just my opinion

joe

Fair Comment Mark J.....

Isn't T2W meant to be about pooling ideas, information and sharing theories ... Everyone knows that Trolls prefer to bury themselves, dwelling in holes deep under the ground and are far too preoccupied with their own greatness and far too busy gloating and expounding over their own superior knowledge to post a chart prediction or an explanation..... This Trolls attitude is indeed as repulsive as it's adopted Nic..

How about more of you real traders ...posting charts and ideas as in the days of Chartman??..why even bother to keep saying my theory is a secret ??....so a very big thank you to all the Real People on T2W... who post without fear of being wrong or of helping others too much !!!

fxmarkets said:
hello mate, now you make a point here, but why do you think volume does not help with trading decisions ?

The way i see it is price can attract volume , a measure of interest/activity around a price.how people feel, how many bargains are done at price thats one point. But then volume itself may attract activity primary, price secondary. More often than not its indicative of potential price behaviour. Agreed perhaps you do not need it to trade, but its no negative to see what the activity is or has been connected to price.

now youv'e told me I will not find fortune in charts ? or volume. or charts of volume maybe.
but how have you reached that opinion, why basically ?

As a further point most business will alter price for goods or services in their cycle , what happens when price is cut ? volume /activity at those cheaper prices increase. I used to be involved in merchandising years back and they had formulas to work out how many weeks it Withwould take in order to shift the goods if they reduced priced, how many sales it would generate. same principals different products offered for trade.
If you put in place a predictive trading model, then from market start, price and volume move along the time axis in the pattern expected. Price and volume are just carriers of your prediction. I have conceded that volume can offer some small help if that is all the trader has; also using practised and experienced price action alone can be respected but it will never lead to the amassing of a fortune.

I posted some underlying information here because I play the Dow.

You say why have I reached my opinion, why basically ? Obviously I have looked at all factors. But immediately anyone looks at the Dow, the obvious factor is the major gyrations daily and
the points they offer.

I don't want to create another uproar but I'm also really not that interested in price either. The Dow can be in the 9,000's or 10,000's or for the last 3 numbers in the 200's or 600's. It is not a primary factor. I predict the daily pattern or gyration/s. Adding together the points available each day, they are hugely more than, and a multiple of, any trend A to B, weekly, monthly or longer.

As I've said before, the market is for amassing money.

fudgestain said:
If you put in place a predictive trading model, then from market start, price and volume move along the time axis in the pattern expected. Price and volume are just carriers of your prediction. I have conceded that volume can offer some small help if that is all the trader has; also using practised and experienced price action alone can be respected but it will never lead to the amassing of a fortune.

I posted some underlying information here because I play the Dow.

You say why have I reached my opinion, why basically ? Obviously I have looked at all factors. But immediately anyone looks at the Dow, the obvious factor is the major gyrations daily and
the points they offer.

I don't want to create another uproar but I'm also really not that interested in price either. The Dow can be in the 9,000's or 10,000's or for the last 3 numbers in the 200's or 600's. It is not a primary factor. I predict the daily pattern or gyration/s. Adding together the points available each day, they are hugely more than, and a multiple of, any trend A to B, weekly, monthly or longer.

As I've said before, the market is for amassing money.

Please could you look at my thread it is pretty much related
Selling Dow Jones Indu in September-October 2005

good evening

The unskilled eye can see a certain number of definable highs and lows, peaks and valleys, troughs and crests - the markets will move through what should be some what predictable (what fudgestain calls gyrations.) These movements are called cycles or waves. While the markets have historically given us significant returns, the ride from one day to the next is never without some bumps.

Despite our desire to think that the public investors have a hand in market direction, their participation (as a percentage to overall ownership) is the equivalent to an umbrella in a hurricane. The institutional accounts, arbitrage firms, mutual funds and hedge funds are the real driving force behind our markets. These institutions' objective is simple: they need to outperform the indices . To do that effectively, they rely on highly-sophisticated algorithms to determine overbought and oversold conditions in the market place.

Unfortunately, by the time the individual investor perceives the buying "rally", the tide has already begun to shift. When perceiving the rally, individual investors will react to it, but, in doing so, they are "unconsciously" already starting the secondary rally, into which those big institutions are already unloading. We've all heard the slogan "buy low, sell high", but without the proper tools, guidance and advice on your side, this principle - while fundamental in concept - is virtually impossible to execute.

Understanding and evaluating overbought/oversold conditions can be a life-saver to any trader,stay alert to the overall movements of the markets not hour by hour or day to day, but in a larger picture.While overall trends will dictate an increasing or decreasing market, there will be substantial opportunities to capitalize on the wave-like movements that occur in the markets.You can then postion your self intraday if one is a day trader to trade with the trend and look for set ups

joe

Nasdaq could a good lead indicator for market direction next week as opposed to Dow or S&P being leaders