Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Sideways consolidation today. Dow needs to convincingly breach 10700 tomorrow and if so could then move on towards 10800. Otherwise if it drops below support at 10650 it could head back to 10600.

Good evenig Frugi

No,Frugi, undiscerning reader on the thread, the words on a screen are just that, words on a screen. From there, their conditioned ignorance takes over and makes up its own reality according to the reader's particular satanic bent and/or their conditioned illusory likes and dislikes. As you say I copied and paste the article. Not so I have wrote for many who use my insight in the markets. but if I did copy, is this bad?. Ask peter who wrote or part worte about me.You will get your answer

The people I am dealing with on these Internet newsgroups/forums are disinformation agents, expert at deception. They are supported blindly by a legion of stupid people who have no problem with pridefully displaying their stupidity.I will not mention names.

No matter what I say will be twisted -- that's a given. This is their sole purpose for being on the internet, to wreak havoc, to twist, distort, attack, misdirect, libel, gossip (need I go further?) The problem with the average public is they're too dumb and unaware of what is going on all around them while it is being done right under their noses. Some call that UNAWARENESS! others, call it IGNORANCE. What would you call it?

Kindly

joe

Joe,

I find your last post a little confusing, to say the least.

There is of course nothing wrong with cutting and pasting small excerpts from articles - especially when they are relevant to the discussion - but it is polite to credit the source when you do and provide a link to the full article. I was not knocking your contribution for any other reason.

I have read all your posts on the site and noticed that several of them are copied verbatim from various sources on the Internet. Unfortunately, as a result, our site could be sued for copyright infringement, so I will probably be obliged to delete the worst offenders.

For example, your last post seems to have originated here , but perhaps you are in fact the very same JoeMcNicholl featured on this delightful site?

This seems a little too convenient given your posting habits, but perhaps I'm being too cynical.

Anyway, I would kindly caution you against making further posts of this nature.

No matter what I say will be twisted, I have no need to prove who I am. mean no harm. but do, what one got to do. Under the powerful name of the mighty moderator.

Grasp knowledge insted of discover it.

Dax failed to follow through and struggled above 5000 yesterday and doing that sell off today as a result (down 1.45%)
Naz was the strong leader yesterday, but failed to pull the others with it so today will we get a sell off in the US?

Best cricket series ever according to Richie Benaud and he should know. I was hoping England would declare Mon afternoon leaving Oz to get say 8 runs an over to win. The fact that each English ( and Welsh ) player received £60,000 bonus for winning may have influenced the decision.
A difficult time for poms down-under ? Might cost you a few consolation drinks or a ............ (duck early)

Please no more cricket on this thread, it is bad enough enduring it taking over TV, this is the Dow thread!!

Oil crisis at home

Just been out shopping. Imagine my surprise - queues at all petrol filling pumps and a maximum of £20 fill !!
The fuel lobby mean business and loads of woe for commuters this week.
So get topped up folks before it's too late. Prudence will still be waffling about the international situation while the jams build up !!

PPI lower than expected at 0.6% compared with 1% last month

July trade deficit lower at $57.9bn compared with $59.5m in June. TTM trade deficit currently running ahead of last year by 12% but this will increase as oil price increases over the past few weeks are factored into future months.

Oil up slightly at $63.76 this morning

Prospects for a pause in the Fed interest hikes will decline further as a result.

Dow Cash Futures down 30pts at 14.20 today

A bit of a bounce off 10630

but not looking too robust

Last edited:
Racer said:
look at that dax go... down 90.... just about 2%
Looks like resistance at 10700, which held up well yesterday, is going to be a tough nut for the index to crack this year.

Question is have we now seen the end of this years bull rally and is this the point where the markets start to head lower into the Q2 reporting season ?

kriesau said:
Looks like resistance at 10700, which held up well yesterday, is going to be a tough nut for the index to crack this year.

Question is have we now seen the end of this years bull rally and is this the point where the markets start to head lower into the Q2 reporting season ?

I really think a great deal depends on Q3 earnings. Today, Best Buy doesn't look so good, and is clearly acting as a drag on the retail sector. I would expect a really duff Sept/Oct period, on the basis of persistently high oil prices, poor Q3 results, and poor consumer sentiment

Of immediate interest will to tomorrow's oil inventories. I think they could be shocking. We could certainly see a spike back up to $67 - 68. Does anyone else have a view on these?

Of immediate interest will to tomorrow's oil inventories. I think they could be shocking. We could certainly see a spike back up to $67 - 68. Does anyone else have a view on these?[/QUOTE]

My EOD indicators fancy a downturn from here. ( not always right though)

Pat494 said:
Of immediate interest will to tomorrow's oil inventories. I think they could be shocking. We could certainly see a spike back up to $67 - 68. Does anyone else have a view on these?

My EOD indicators fancy a downturn from here. ( not always right though)[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I just think that last week's EIA/API figures were rather misleading, as many of the refineries were shut, so a good deal of data was not included.

That was quite a bit of short - covering on the Dow. 10640 - 10680 then back down again.

macbonzo said:
That was quite a bit of short - covering on the Dow. 10640 - 10680 then back down again.
Trading range has narrowed again to 10600 - 10700. The latter resistance level has been solid for months now wheras 10600 is likely to be a more porus level of support.

macbonzo said:

Taking out those stops - painful for some