Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Another choppy day kicking those stop losses off again. As a matter of interest, does anybody have an opinion on whether this chop is likely to be caused by market makers oscillating the market? Is it possible that the market could be oscillated by 20-30 points? Guess it depends on volume? Looks like the 10500 being a nice round number but not a real support level holds pretty well given this weeks performance. What are people seeing as a significant support at the moment? Looks like about 10480 at the moment?

.. July new home sales jumped a large 6.5% to a new record high of 1.41 mln (consensus 1.33 mln)... the continued surge in sales came with a surprising dip in prices, as median prices are down -4% year over year

karmit said:
How do you calculate the 10420 level.

I picked up a pivot point calculator here. Been using it for a couple of weeks, so I'm not sure if it is a reliable indicator, but I have support at 10479 and 10451.

Minder said:
How do you calculate the 10420 level.

I picked up a pivot point calculator here. Been using it for a couple of weeks, so I'm not sure if it is a reliable indicator, but I have support at 10479 and 10451.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I use the 32-64 thingy... and calculate using the "trend"... ref. Chick Goslin... but I think I just got lucky here!
time for a beer :).... its one of those days I guess... just watch the screen.. sipping a beer - with the
comfort of knowing that all positions are closed!

Off topic, so apologies, but does anyone have a link to a free realtime charting service that provides data for the major indices.

I only have access to 15 min delayed charts.

Minder said:
Off topic, so apologies, but does anyone have a link to a free realtime charting service that provides data for the major indices.

I only have access to 15 min delayed charts.

I used to have some backups links but they are now mostly pay for sites.. do advfn do live charts as now market closed don't know!

Joules MM1 said:
if you got a crude fettish then see below...

Crude Oil: The underlying support for Natural Gas is coming from the Crude Oil market. Our charts for Crude are at:

Sigma Bands™ (150 Days)
Sigma Bands™ (450 Days)
Signal Bands
Cyclical Decompositions
Curvilinear Envelopes

From the Sigma Bands™ we see that the red momentum line is moving 'parallel' to the black momentum line and the trendline is moving upward. Also, the red trendline on the Cyclical Decomposition chart is projected upwards.

These factors suggest that Crude Oil is in a long term upward trend. We'll probably see bouts of profit taking along the way but the general trend right now is upwards. We suspect the next stop is the $68 to $70 level.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above ("complimentary") was in my mailbox this morning and although I don't use sigma bands, for timing purposes, I have often found that they are good from a risk point of view and not necessarily a entrance or exit pov.

yes! just read an interesting article on marketwatch.. "storm is just an excuse" :))

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid={1D3A7ECB-9B51-4B89-AF1C-53FD9234B941}&siteid=mktw

JillyB said:
CMC (Deal4Free) give prices to trade crude 24 hours :cool:

Thanks - will open an account there... had heard so many contrasting comments about them
that was holding off opening an account there !

Karmit,
Open an account with D4F. They offer a tremendous range of products, a lot of which can be traded 24 hours. It's a good trading platform with excellent charting. I have always found their Help Desk people helpful and friendly, despite what others might say.
Ignore the negative comments. Learn how they operate, play by their rules, and adapt a trading style that doesn't clash with the rules. Then you'll be fine.
I always compare the D4F detractors to footballers who complain about the offside rule, or cricketers who complain about the LBW rule. All you have to remember is, it is their game, their ball, and they set the rules. Learn and adapt.
No doubt I'll get shouted at for defending D4F.
regards, G McA

Would you believe IT. My super duper expensive EOD system that I had just dumped as being useless ( but still kept going ) has just had a purple patch of plus 307 Dow points for the last 5 days !!
It only seems to lose when I bet with it ??