Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Racer said:
And look at that for pump and dump... pushed up 50 in way out of hours trading and now look at the Dow... down 26!

aah! .. that was a nice trade.... now just waiting for the next pump action ;)

well back to unchanged. good action I guess. It is a shame when there is such a collapse from being 80 points in the green that it really doesn't stick the move. Confirmation is needed, i.e a push below the 10500 level. I didnt think it would support as it has(it is just a round number)- those M.A's are still in the 530-540 level. If we could get below we will be in a different range, say 250-500. Lets see what the close brings... could this be the day when buying at 9 PM and selling the futures tomorrow about lunchtime is not just the easiest money to make- shame I haven't been making any of it though!!

lemput said:
Lets see what the close brings... could this be the day when buying at 9 PM and selling the futures tomorrow about lunchtime is not just the easiest money to make- shame I haven't been making any of it though!!
Huh ?? - can you run that by me again !

Intel, P & G and this afternoons 50c fall in oil is holding this index up

Kriesau- We seem to close wellish and then get ramped up in the morning generally on the back of recent strength in Nikkei and then in the morning session the DAX/FTSE have both been remarkably strong. Dow futures stay up and then gradually fade throughout the day. This is not an 'every day cert.' but it has some track record now. B.T.W agree about P&G! fair enough, it is a good stock!

Chart pattern on weekly bars potential downside target 9000 (I have no time frame sorry)

Other pattern which I haven't counted yet has a poss even bigger fall

But both of these have not confirmed so I will wait for signals

And I am not saying this will happen overnight! The time scale for the target could be quite long after all the PPT will not like that sort of target!

Last edited:
Ouch I don't want to calculate the other pattern target by roughly estimating.. it is too scary!!

Last edited:
Joules MM1 said:
10590 looks a good target. I think the minimum we'll see is the 10585 mark.

Where I have marked the "4th" is the area I would expect the pattern to return to.

This is a probable action:

Nice chart Joules
After the up channel why not a down channel for a short while before up again ??
:)

DAX is not doing very well considering ZEW was much better than expected and HSI did another about turn too

Dow future down 14 points currently. Under about 20 is of little significance imho.
I usually wait for up to 15 minutes from the opening to gauge the initial direction. Catch the tops and bottoms and make a pile of points.................

Choppy, isn't it ?

I have support at 10515 and 10461. Low so far today of 10528.

I'll risk a cheeky long at 10517 if we get a touch at these lower levels. Somehow I doubt it will get that low. Still, nothing ventured, nothing lost. :cheesy:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a full reversal for a close positive. Reverse of yesterday.

Minder said:
Choppy, isn't it ?

I have support at 10515 and 10461. Low so far today of 10528.

I'll risk a cheeky long at 10517 if we get a touch at these lower levels. Somehow I doubt it will get that low. Still, nothing ventured, nothing lost. :cheesy:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a full reversal for a close positive. Reverse of yesterday.

On the right track imho

Closed out my short today for just a few points profit.

This price action is too choppy to trade. It's got to break 10650 to the upside or 10500 to the downside to determine any real direction.

I see the SafeSignal levels for the Dow today are
Sell 10,537
Buy 10,589

Hmm Interesting - Sell trade triggered already here and the Dow heading lower - perhaps they could have something.

Before anyone gets too bearish, I'll just throw this into the mix..

Another coupon pass from the Fed today. $998m.

The liquidity pump is not out of gas yet.

I feel as long as we stay above 10500 this is going to move upward,a close below this would be incredibly bearish considering weve tested this area a few time over the last couple of weeks.

A bounce from current levels could be expected.....

I think this range will drag on into this week.....10500-10720 odd.

September should be exciting though.......

The longer this range activity continues the more confident I feel that a major move is on the cards......and I'm not talking about a 100point move......

...1000 point move........

A move towards 10700 could still be expected at this moment in time........

Interesting stuff.......Interesting juncture as we are at 10500 will we snap it and pop lower now?

I don't think we will see it happen yet......

Good Luck though....