Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

karmit said:
last chance to go short it seems!

I'd agree with you here. Short taken just after 6pm at 10,573/77. I'm going to leave it on for a day and see what happens - it it goes the way I want, then I may leave it a bit longer.

Just in case anyone didn't know - I've started a journal with the trades in it. :eek:

JillyB said:
I'd agree with you here. Short taken just after 6pm at 10,573/77. I'm going to leave it on for a day and see what happens - it it goes the way I want, then I may leave it a bit longer.

Just in case anyone didn't know - I've started a journal with the trades in it. :eek:
Are you trading Daily Cash or August Future ?

Racer said:
Not long to August expiry is it....
21.15 on Thursday !

I've got August & September shorts and I'm looking for a reversal over the next 48 hours so that I'm not caught out on the former. :cheesy:

Dow closed yesterday at 10550.

Daily cash futures got as low as 10506 this morning, but has bounced slightly. S&P and Nasdaq also both down on the futures.

If these gaps hold to the open, is yesterday a Dead Cat Bounce and will we see a break at 10500 ?

Any thoughts ?

I would anticipate a small gap down at the open today, but not what we are seeing at the moment. Probably by the time the market opens the Dow will have made its way back up slightly to around 10,525 -535.

The market feels quite negative today and I think it will struggle to get back up to the level of the close yesterday at 10,550. However I would be surprised if we see a close below 10,500 today, but having said that, we could well dip below this during the trading hours.

Yes - JillyB quite correct senitment in the markets has dropped a little as traders start to take a little profit.
Having said that the markets seem quite frustrated that we have been stuck in a range for such a long time. Inflation fears in the UK have helped nip back some of the decent gains over the past few months.

As for the Dow today - its quite likely that it may turn higher on open. Is the 10500 level strong support?

I picked up a few points in the futures this morning before the open. Collected another few in the first hour. Not a bad day.

Now the really big test. If I can get through the rest of the day without chasing it, I will have really achieved something.

Frequently chased it in the recent past, and always lost. The discipline required to leave it alone after a successful trade is unnatural.

I trade the intraday and am still very new to this. Anyone else having similar experiences ?

Pat494 said:
Market looking quite positive.

Probably close 10600+

I know, strange isn't it. No matter how bearish folks want to be, this old market still keeps on proving us wrong!

I really thought we would see a close around 10,500 today - how wrong can you be?.

My 24 hour trade closed +19 points - but then again, I've had a great day down the beach, so I really shouldn't complain. :cheesy:

a few weak shorts getting squeezed, that's all. As options are upon us i reckon we will finish the week on a figure so i wouldnt mind betting that we close around 10600. I don't think the bears have the bottle/news event to take 10500 yet and the bulls are resting waiting to see if there is a better buying opportunity ahead.

JillyB said:
I know, strange isn't it. No matter how bearish folks want to be, this old market still keeps on proving us wrong!

I am grabbing some profit now.

Some folks probably have Sept short positions from a while back. May yet work out ??