Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Don't know the Dow components and trade the Dow? ;)

Dow Industrials holding in positive terrain, thanks mostly to Altria's (MO) 4.6% move higher, which translates into roughly 25 points for the Dow

Oh look,we've just had the rally before the drop before the rally that might just give us the drop at the end of the evening which may give us the final rally.You know,the usual stuff ya get at the moment with this directionless market.I think they call it a pop'n'drop'n'pop'n'drop'n'poss drop. :eek: :LOL:

and ends more or less flat... after all that!

Naz not so hot though, btw did anyone notice the HSI close....... down 301.49!!!

Racer said:

Naz not so hot though, btw did anyone notice the HSI close....... down 301.49!!!
The Shanghai Composite fell off the cliff in the last 2 hours of trading to close down by 3.76%, virtually double the fall on the Hang Seng !

Goldman Sachs, the third-biggest U.S. securities firm by market value, raised its oil forecast for next year to $68 a barrel and said crude will stay at about $60 for several years.

Merrill Lynch, the world's second-largest securities firm, raised increased its projection for oil prices in 2006 by 24 percent to $52 from $42 a barrel, citing limited spare production capacity and strong demand for fuels.

Obviously not proper tea drinkers if they use the tea bag twice! What sort of insipid drink would that be? :rolleyes:

as for buying sports equipment... how about just walking or running, that doesn't cost anything! Not too good at that saving lark are they?

Sounds like they are panicking !!

Must be down to their last 100 billion ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joules MM1 said:
Don't minder Racer, folks....

The cynism is called Short Hypertensive Irritable Trade Sellers syndrome or (a Kiwi pronunciation) the shuts .......
:LOL:

Racer said:

HSI off another 109pts today so thats 410pts or 2.75% in the last 48 hours !
First real fall following nearly a 14% rise over the last 12 weeks.

Dow opening up about 30 points according to the futures and a cautious up from there for me.

I find it worrying the way George W. is handling the Iran energy crisis. The chances are to my mind he will make a mess of it as usual and the Iranians will turn off their supply of oil except to China. Oh dear. Bring back Bill Clinton. At least he had some clue as to what the rest of the world thinks.

kriesau said:
HSI off another 109pts today so thats 410pts or 2.75% in the last 48 hours !
First real fall following nearly a 14% rise over the last 12 weeks.

Have they got a PPT?

Oil is up today, hmm now what was it that made the market go up the other day? Fall in oil......

Well that was the usual rolled out excuse that they like to make cos they were too lazy to think of anything else

Pat494 said:
Dow opening up about 30 points according to the futures and a cautious up from there for me.

So far so good ( as the man said as he fell off the skyscraper)

IMHO It's going to top out soon, with a likely fall back to 10560s.
Oil worries as usual.

Pat494 said:
IMHO It's going to top out soon, with a likely fall back to 10560s.
Oil worries as usual.

FWIW there is a net TOMO drain of $8.5b today. Sometimes there is a correlation between liquidity add/drain and the dow, and sometimes there isn't. I expect a down day when there is such large drain - let's see if we get it.