Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Racer said:
Will oil be of concern today? I wonder?

roguetrader said:
Oil inventory figures will be a day late due to July 4th holiday

Yes I was well aware of that, but the reason I posted that comment was the price of it!! It is flying! That hurricane/storm not helping is it?

If the US is falling on oil at this price, can you imagine where it would be if they had to pay the prices we do at the pumps!!!!

Last edited:
Racer said:
Yes I was well aware of that, but the reason I posted that comment was the price of it!! It is flying! That hurricane/storm not helping is it?
Sorry :( I thought you were referring to the impending figures. The market no longer cares about the day to day fluctuations of oil price they are an everyday event, it has been relegated to a fundamental issue to take its toll in time. With the possible exception of a very dramatic price move of course circa 5 - 10% maybe imho

roguetrader said:
Sorry :( I thought you were referring to the impending figures. The market no longer cares about the day to day fluctuations of oil price they are an everyday event, it has been relegated to a fundamental issue to take its toll in time. With the possible exception of a very dramatic price move of course circa 5 - 10% maybe imho

No need to apologise rt, you were being helpful! :)

Times up.

Finishing near the lows of the session so yes it looks that way and your quote at this moment in time seems justified......

But

It's not going to be as easy and clear cut as this.........

We're going to bouncing around alot with volatility increasing..........

Back towards 10400 by the end of the week perhaps......

The markets have a tendancy to suck the small guys in.......and they're not all in yet so we can't start the ride without them.......

Good Luck Joules......

Daily cash futures down as much as 51 points this morning. Reaction to London Underground explosion ? London Underground are saying the explosion was caused by a power surge.

Minder said:
Daily cash futures down as much as 51 points this morning. Reaction to London Underground explosion ? London Underground are saying the explosion was caused by a power surge.

Now down 82 points

Reports coming in of a second incident.

I am told that Sky news are reporting incidents at Edgeware Rd and Liverpool St.

Can anyone confirm ?

hmm, the lengths i will go to to win the Dow competition.. those t-shirts sure are calling me..

seriously though,hopefully everyone is ok..

with the alleged bus explosion, i guess this kinda rules out the power surge theory..

coupled with yesterday, it all seems a bit too much of a coincidence.

fingers crossed no-one gets hurt..

fc

FetteredChinos said:
hmm, the lengths i will go to to win the Dow competition.. those t-shirts sure are calling me..

seriously though,hopefully everyone is ok..

with the alleged bus explosion, i guess this kinda rules out the power surge theory..

coupled with yesterday, it all seems a bit too much of a coincidence.

fingers crossed no-one gets hurt..

fc

Absolutely FC.

From a trading perspective I hope no-one was long

gor blimey guys.. its like the 80's all over again...

i know the French dont like losing, but this is silly...

right.. with regard to the Dow im still short from 10565...

gonna close at sub 10,050 which in all fairness we might hit premarket today at this rate. :eek:

then, i'll start looking for longs if/when we break a previous day's high..

Racer said:
There have been fatalities according to news :(

hmm, not good... :(

to be fair, the MOD should really have expected this and been on high alert

first day of G8 today as well..

i know Live8 was a bit crap, but you'd have thought the punters wouldnt hold grudges..

Slapshot said:
Absolutely FC.

From a trading perspective I hope no-one was long

Hmmm.....I was.

Long on the Dow - not any more though!!! Got closed out - that's what stops are there for though!

Opened new trade Long on Dow at 10,119 Stop at 10,079 Target 10,212