Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

After the joys of yesterday.........

Sad stuff occuring today............

London seems to be paralysed..........

Extremely sad.........

Lets just hope that lives are not lost........

FetteredChinos said:
right.. with regard to the Dow im still short from 10565...

gonna close at sub 10,050 which in all fairness we might hit premarket today at this rate. :eek:

then, i'll start looking for longs if/when we break a previous day's high..

If the market reacts how it did a few years ago or goes into crash mode then it won't stop falling for a while

If the market reacts how it did a few years ago or goes into crash mode then it won't stop falling for a while

Your right.........could be more falls to come........

My longs are stopped out..........but hey on days like this its only money.........

to be fair, i think the madrid bombing was slightly more unexpected..

a potential major low point, as i posted a few months ago is 9500-9750, but i didnt think we would hit that til spring next year.

hmm :(

Racer said:

Should we expect a big drop on the DJIA when Wall St opens ? I am thinking stops triggered, spiral down etc.

Minder said:
Should we expect a big drop on the DJIA when Wall St opens ? I am thinking stops triggered, spiral down etc.

Unclear at present. Market seems to have stalled at 10090/100. I'm keeping out of the market.

Slapshot said:
Unclear at present. Market seems to have stalled at 10090/100. I'm keeping out of the market.

Just not sure of the mechanics of the market. If there are stops in place and the futures falls through those stops, I understand those stops won't trigger until the market opens. This will result in a lurch at the open.

Anyone confirm ?

Minder said:
Just not sure of the mechanics of the market. If there are stops in place and the futures falls through those stops, I understand those stops won't trigger until the market opens. This will result in a lurch at the open.

Anyone confirm ?
If you are trading with a broker IB et al and you have "at market" stops they will be triggered as soon as price is appropriate and your ordersa will be executed. If the market is falling fast enough obviously this could be a fair way from the activation price.

Dow futures trade nearly 24 hours dont they, so the stops will have been triggered now..

the stock stops won have been hit as yet. but will do on open..

might mean that a lot of the stocks (eg Google) might gap down ENORMOUSLY....

futures would already be down as similar amount, so it might be worth chancing a small long on some of the tech stocks just after the open.....as the futs might pull everything up

any ideas?

and out... for a whopping +515 points...feels a bit hollow though...

not looking for a long yet, but i have a feeling it will come on friday...

FetteredChinos said:
and out... for a whopping +515 points...feels a bit hollow though...

not looking for a long yet, but i have a feeling it will come on friday...

When did you go short FC?

fast market called on LSE, all automatic input facilites ceased. Market makers are relieved of obligations to make two way prices

erm about 4 weeks ago... i'll try to dig up the ticket... and also the post on here...

im trading on monthly 600 pt swings at the moment...

to put it in perspective.. assuming todays 10040 is a swing low.. when i get a signal to go long, i will initially be targetting 10,640 from my long signal (using a breakout of a daily high)

FC

there we go.. 1st of June i believe.

hmm, T2W is struggling now.. must be all those people logging on to find out the news... :eek:

OPEC will be unable to meet projected western demand in 10 to 15 years, Saudi officials warned.