Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

hi all
user your predictions on the dow directions are spot on. well done.
am playing weekly to monthly range currently. i have longs targetting 10864 to 10940ish..
low/support 10565 to 10489. but break of 10400-10415 will lead to test the max low 10200-10100.
plan is short any where between 10813-10743 with 200 points stop.
but we are stalling @ 75%of last drop of 500 currently.
last bradly turn 25/01 was low the next targetting high on the 16/02 followed by lower prices into 3-4/03
expecting choppy 200 points range till the turn . then big movemnts to follow.
today/monday test of 10650 minimum looks promising.

good trading all

yesterdays buy day turned out nice again :) the joy of cycles..

looks like a sell day today where we can unload the longs.

probably a messy sideways day today.. with a close near yesterdays 10,750. then into a decline (70-100pts anyone?) on monday (Short Sell day), small bounce tuesday and large-ish bounce wednesday and early thursday.

FC

FetteredChinos said:
yesterdays buy day turned out nice again :) the joy of cycles..

looks like a sell day today where we can unload the longs.

probably a messy sideways day today.. with a close near yesterdays 10,750. then into a decline (70-100pts anyone?) on monday (Short Sell day), small bounce tuesday and large-ish bounce wednesday and early thursday.

FC

FC

Please post your photo 'cos I swear u're actually Mystic Meg.....................then again given the sensitive nature of many TW2 members, maybe just a photo of your crystal ball for now :LOL:

Please post your photo 'cos I swear u're actually Mystic Meg

Nah, I'm Mystic Meg as has been proved many times.....

And for those of you who also know me as Mrs Charts......this is ok by me, but others have different views, so probably best to desist for now.........

Happy Days....... ;)

FC good call yesterday. sumathik you could be right a top could be approaching soon. We see how it works out. Your plan of a short around 10800 with a 200point ST is sensible and should be adequate. That would keep you alive up to 11000.

It could get quite messy.

hi user thanks.
but have dow high 11388 as a possible high this year / secondary high of the entire bounce from oct02 low.
over 10957 has to be reached before any high's above 11000 imho.
until that 10100---10957 range could be good to trade for next few months.
but any thing is possible look at ftse now just breaking all the resistance.

chancing a long now 10730.

looking for 10750 region.. (retest of yesterdays highs as per sell day rules)

just a scalp really.

and out for +20...

that'll do me for the day..

time to spend the rest of it reading the oanda message boards looking for inspiration..

FC

there is a possibility we will touch 10813.
miss the dip to 10700 wanted to buy ,left the limit by @10700. cmc turned from 10703.
school run ha.

what a run we passed the 10813 now all the way to 10868 minimum.
all the fun has to be without me on boat.

incidentally, ive noticed this a few time...

when the cash index on the FTSE closes (4.30) the US tends to have a mini spike..

although a 50pts spike today is really taking the geoffrey...

16 to 17000 on the dow....which is the upper trendline of the expanding triangle that started 5 years ago........above 17000 the melt up of primary wave 3 will be upon us.

On Friday I got stopped out of my Dow positions! Ouch. I wanted to move my stop losses a little further away but was out and forgot to do so!. Anyway as I'm out of the market that makes me neutral.

Was unable to post update for today’s action but we didn't miss much. A 30-point range for the whole session.

I am still reluctant to go long in this market as the VIX is signalling caution. However on the other hand their is potential to move higher or consolidation at these levels may be seen.

Tuesday Action - Watch 10760. A breach of this level should let us test 10700. An upside move should bring us to test 10850 if 10815 is taken out.

Good Luck.

Last edited: