Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

[BRIEFING.COM] Crude's 2.6% decline - to $59.60/bbl - has adjusted sector standings. Energy has fallen from a gain in excess of 2.0% to the unchanged mark, while retailers surge.

Pumping hard....?

I’m not seeing the current ‘pump’ as an invitation to go long just yet….it could prove to be a false breakout above previous resistance....

The index is now sitting above two gaps – Friday’s opening gap 240/260, and today’s 'suspicious' gap up….

One, if not both of those gaps are going to be filled very shortly imho….possibly the upper one today…

As mentioned elsewhere, money managers can bid the market up at the end of the month and cash out at the highs to flatter the months returns….very tempting… :cool:

trick or treat bud........?

Pat494 said:
I'm looking for a the coming dump of say 40 points soon !!
Good call Pat - it's now 43 pts off this mornings high !

Will we get another test of 10500 this afternoon ? (rhetorical)

tradesmart said:
I’m not seeing the current ‘pump’ as an invitation to go long just yet….it could prove to be a false breakout above previous resistance....

The index is now sitting above two gaps – Friday’s opening gap 240/260, and today’s 'suspicious' gap up….

One, if not both of those gaps are going to be filled very shortly imho….possibly the upper one today…

As mentioned elsewhere, money managers can bid the market up at the end of the month and cash out at the highs to flatter the months returns….very tempting… :cool:

trick or treat bud........?
I'll bet on treat ! :cheesy:

Its going nowhere

Take the day off go the pub or take the wife for a meal you know it makes sense

Sell off before the close?

Possible.....

The high of the day is around the area where the problems are for possiblities of further upward action.......

10000 in a few weeks? Well very possible but 10200 is the area we need to close below on the weekly charts.

A close above 10500 (Weekly) and we are then looking for higher prices for the end of the year.

10000 is very very close.

We sitting nowhere...........we are more bearish then bullish......

Why? Well we sit roughly 450 from the lows and 450 from the highs.......no mans land......

But

the trend is still down......

and like they say ' the trend is your friend'.

Its therefore hard to say which way we could be heading......

Even at this stage I would say the possiblity of declines ahead is greater then rises.

SHORT

Good Luck all.....

Attachments

• Dow 2005 Where Now.JPG
    Dow 2005 Where Now.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 152
Sorry dc2000 I deleted my post as it was no longer needed and managed to check a few extra delete boxes by mistake. It was not my intention to deprive the community of your analysis. :)

Whoa Frugi

analysis - that would imply many hours of work and an in depth post similar to the above by User

"posts" or "scriblings" will be fine

No negative breadth divergences on these new highs and a possible Dow 1/5 min channel upside breakout in effect now.

Dow/SPX/Naz have a small amount of upside space within their channels so they may go up a bit more. That should depose the last of the shorts then we can go down.

Translation: I have no idea where we're going but am looking for shorts on more upside if accompanied by breadth divergences.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 145
If it can punch through 10520 then we should see 10600.
If it fails to break this resistance then it's likely to consolidate in the 10500 - 10300 range for the time being.
Key downside break will be 10200 - question is only when we will finally break this level !

Sell off before the close?

Possible.....

The high of the day is around the area where the problems are for possiblities of further upward action.......

So we went to that area once again the one I mentioned earliar........

Please see chart and analysis posted earliar.........................................

Nice Stuff

Good luck all

Last edited:
kriesau said:
10485 proving to be strong resistance at the moment.

Absolutely. It took most of the day to climb back up to that region after the pre-open rise and then got wiped out in 10-15 mins. Tomorrow should be interesting and volatile imo