Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Well they ran out of puff pretty quickly on that rally.............83 pts on the day and oil just hovering below $67.

Next week just might see this market finally run out of steam.

They had to have a quick look at the sky above 10600 before they go to the dark depths,

tonight will be very revealing.. for the last couple of weeks we have moves up in the futures so by monday it is up 50.. will they do the same tonight and sun/mon early?

Agony and ecstacy

Morning everyone
New week of good trading hopefully

Looks like another day of P and D ?

Looks like another day of P and D ?

..........if you take the close of the Friday prior to expiration week, along with the S&P's performance the following session (on Monday.) Note that in thirteen out of the last fifteen years (86.6%), the S&P has rallied on the Monday of expiration week. On the two occasions the S&P didn't rally initially, it still managed to post a higher close (above Friday's settlement) by mid-week. So from a seasonal perspective, it wouldn't be surprising to see a short-term rally unfold early next week.......

.....but a sell-off for the remaining days in the week to finish this week lower than last.......

Good Luck

Double bottom in the 1 minute intraday chart at 10556 and a kick upward.

Range from 10550 to 10700, can this rally all the way back up to test 10700 again ?

The second Permanent Open Market Operation (Coupon Pass) in a week.

The Fed really want this range to hold. We are in for another volatile week starting with a liquidity driven pump here.

I am no expert on this stuff - if anyone has a take on the significance of two coupon passes in one week - please chip in.

Ponting still IN !!!
My grannie could have bowled better, probably caught that last dolly catch too aaaaaah

Bring back Geoffrey Boycott - that's what I say.

Still as an ex-Yorkshire girl, I suppose I would!

Good-bye Shane
oh and nearly forgot - market creeping up a bit, should go a bit more hopefully
Bring back Geoffery ? Poor old soul

Your boys did you proud Joules - especially Ponting and Brett Lee

Great game - full house for the last 2 Tests.

Will we now get an afternoon sell off ????