Where is market heading ? Short , Medium Term Grey's analysis

Market been up for two days but we are not out of the woods yet and need to see WEEKLY cycle to come to the end,

Two ways this can be done,

a) a massive up day of lets say 300 points
b) few days of small correction ( around 50 points a day ) with one 200 point SPIKE to above

if either of them happens then weekly cycle comes to the end and you can see market BREAKING OUT like mad.

I really really hope you guys have opened a swing portfolio and making $$$$$$ day by day . Those who opened with me are laughing ,,, Those who needed more and more and even more confirmation still are up an average of 3000$ on 30K ( 60K buying power )

did any of the volume analysts saw the market as strong month ago ? NOPE another failure of TA

Grey1

A breakout is needed indeed. But markets are pushing against resistance.
I agree we're not entirely out of the woods... yet.

However, I disagree with your attribution to "a failure of TA". Volume has indeed been crap. But with capitulation (January low) and a re-test in March, PV signaled an intermediate uptrend possible. Ever since then we've made higher highs and higher lows.

Those who trade forex don't have volume... there are always different pieces to the puzzle.

Good trading to you and your followers. Have you noticed how many one way days we are having lately? As far as I can see a lot more than we used to have in the past, a lot of U-turns too... just an observation.

However, I disagree with your attribution to "a failure of TA". Volume has indeed been crap. But with capitulation (January low) and a re-test in March, PV signaled an intermediate uptrend possible. Ever since then we've made higher highs and higher lows.

Those who trade forex don't have volume... there are always different pieces to the puzzle.

Good trading to you and your followers. Have you noticed how many one way days we are having lately? As far as I can see a lot more than we used to have in the past, a lot of U-turns too... just an observation.

FW

I am not talking about volume size . Classical TA refers to up volume against down volume as an indiaction of where market might be heading ,, With the introduction of electronic trading ( VWAP engines , program trades) the classical PV is no longer an objective methodology for market analysis because of the intelligent distribution of orders. This you probably will understand if you see program trading in action . Modern volume analysis is near to impossible and a waste of time.

Grey1

FW, if you;re a successful trader then forget about this post,

if you are not, come over to TT the try to become successful with Grey's methods (I could do with some company)

again if you're successful then continue with whatever your doing

It just seems like you maybe looking for something (i;ve been wrong in the past, let us know)

cheers
glen

FW, if you;re a successful trader then forget about this post,

if you are not, come over to TT the try to become successful with Grey's methods (I could do with some company)

again if you're successful then continue with whatever your doing

It just seems like you maybe looking for something (i;ve been wrong in the past, let us know)

cheers
glen

My methodology is AVOID DAY TRADING and stick to swing trades of fundamentaly strong stocks in the direction of the market, I think even my granny can make $$$$ consistently . Compound your winning over a period and you could be sitting on a nice pile of cash in 5 years,,

I know some times it is diffcult to get a message across but from the emails i am having I think I am getting there .

Now wanna day trade? ok lemme show it how it can be done on my second leg .. Day trading is not for every one and most people fail but we wont ..

No wonder JAY JAY calls me arrogant lol

Grey1

Question...

My methodology is AVOID DAY TRADING and stick to swing trades of fundamentaly strong stocks in the direction of the market, I think even my granny can make $$$$ consistently . Compound your winning over a period and you could be sitting on a nice pile of cash in 5 years,,

I know some times it is diffcult to get a message across but from the emails i am having I think I am getting there .

Now wanna day trade? ok lemme show it how it can be done on my second leg .. Day trading is not for every one and most people fail but we wont ..

No wonder JAY JAY calls me arrogant lol

Grey1

Okay, but can this be done while trading EOD only and not entering on the 10-min DOW MACCI to get in a "better" price on whatever stocks you're taking positions on?

I've had a few re-reads through the threads here and haven't found a definite answer to this... (but I may have just had a 'guy' look and it's actually staring me in the face :p)

Regards,

Magnus

Okay, but can this be done while trading EOD only and not entering on the 10-min DOW MACCI to get in a "better" price on whatever stocks you're taking positions on?

I've had a few re-reads through the threads here and haven't found a definite answer to this... (but I may have just had a 'guy' look and it's actually staring me in the face :p)

Regards,

Magnus

The Entry is from daily chart,, the fine tuning is based on intra day 10 min indu ,, Every penny counts kinda thing .

Grey1

Selection of posts on G1's swing trading strategy

Regards,

Magnus

Magnus

I have picked out a few of the posts that I think summarise the steps in Grey1's longer term swing strategy.

Reasons for going long – determining market direction. The top-down approach could also include sector analysis.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...medium-term-grey-s-analysis-7.html#post421967

create a list of strong stocks using fundamentals e.g. CAPM. I believe that this is the last list that G1 provided in Dec 2007

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...lflan-s-us-stock-swing-trades.html#post374076

choosing stocks out of the strong list that are stronger than market

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...edium-term-grey-s-analysis-16.html#post429259

Add to this Grey1's reply to you just now on fine tuning to get those extra points on the entry day and there you have it

Charlton

Magnus

I have picked out a few of the posts that I think summarise the steps in Grey1's longer term swing strategy.

Reasons for going long – determining market direction. The top-down approach could also include sector analysis.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...medium-term-grey-s-analysis-7.html#post421967

create a list of strong stocks using fundamentals e.g. CAPM. I believe that this is the last list that G1 provided in Dec 2007

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...lflan-s-us-stock-swing-trades.html#post374076

choosing stocks out of the strong list that are stronger than market

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...edium-term-grey-s-analysis-16.html#post429259

Add to this Grey1's reply to you just now on fine tuning to get those extra points on the entry day and there you have it

Charlton

Thanks Charlton ..

Ya da man

Grey1

Charlton and Grey1...

Thank you for the links Charlton... much appreciated... (y)

They confirm my thoughts about this strategy for swinging... However, I am still unclear about entering during the day vs. entering EOD (well, after open or before close anyway)...

Iraj said this...

The Entry is from daily chart,, the fine tuning is based on intra day 10 min indu ,, Every penny counts kinda thing .

Okay, every penny counts, but what I'm trying understand is can swinging be profitable enough entering at EOD, or do you really have to trade during the day to position yourself optimally for minimal initial risk?

Cheers,

Magnus

N Minute...

Not sure if I should put this in this thread so feel free to move to somewhere else...

I cannot find anything in TT about Iraj N-Minute... Well, some code, but I don't currently have TS... I am thinking this is something that was mentioned in a seminar/webinar... I have absolutely no idea what it is, but it seems to be a recent ammendment to overall stock selection...

Regards,

Magnus

Guys,

We are going through a consolidation and I am pretty sure this will continue till the WEEKLY chart of INDU signals a change of trend, Then you be having three time frames confirming ( MLT principle of confirmation ) and the break out occurs.. Under such circumstances all RESISTANCE ( as known in TA which I don't accept it what so ever as a credible means of trading ) is broken and the Market should see a NEW HIGH .

I will defend in the SEMINAR on why i feel the classical S/R analysis is no longer a viable strategy for a foundation of wealth creation in modern financial engineering . It took me 10 min to write some thing but i deleted it because this subject is best explained than written .

just one more thing before i close this post,, Classical NON CYCLE BASED technical analysis needs volume to explain the move,, USing a CYCLE BASED ANALYSIS of the time series you dont need volume and I will demonstrate the application of such a methodology in my LIVE SEMINAR.

Muchas Gracias ,,

Grey1

Thank you for the links Charlton... much appreciated... (y)

They confirm my thoughts about this strategy for swinging... However, I am still unclear about entering during the day vs. entering EOD (well, after open or before close anyway)...

Iraj said this...

Okay, every penny counts, but what I'm trying understand is can swinging be profitable enough entering at EOD, or do you really have to trade during the day to position yourself optimally for minimal initial risk?

Cheers,

Magnus

You donot need any intra day entry what so ever, Your risk comes from your pos size based on daily ATR , Hence the few cents here and there is not going to distort your analysis what so ever,,

grey1

Needs Tradestation

Not sure if I should put this in this thread so feel free to move to somewhere else...

I cannot find anything in TT about Iraj N-Minute... Well, some code, but I don't currently have TS... I am thinking this is something that was mentioned in a seminar/webinar... I have absolutely no idea what it is, but it seems to be a recent ammendment to overall stock selection...

Regards,

Magnus

Magnus

Read this message about the code. However you will need Tradestation to use it. It is the most important tool in the swing-trading and other strategies provided by Grey1.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...-real-time-down-loadable-code.html#post361346

Charlton

Right...

You donot need any intra day entry what so ever, Your risk comes from your pos size based on daily ATR , Hence the few cents here and there is not going to distort your analysis what so ever,,

grey1

Thank you Iraj. This is what I was curious about.

Although, I initially thought that getting in during the day (e.g. on 10Min MACCI) would no doubt improve the initial R:R and one would end up being better positioned for the full swing trade. But if you're saying that position size is based on Daily ATR then to me it doesn't seem like it would make that much difference overall - more like, as you said previously, "...every penny counts kinda thing...".

Cheers,

Magnus

Thanks...

Magnus

Read this message about the code. However you will need Tradestation to use it. It is the most important tool in the swing-trading and other strategies provided by Grey1.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tec...-real-time-down-loadable-code.html#post361346

Charlton

Thank you for the link Charlton... (y)

This is what I was looking for - my searching skills seem to somehow be correlated with my trading skills... :p

So N-Minute is: the change in cents of a stock in the last 10 minutes

Simple, but how you use it is a different matter... :eek:

Magnus

Thank you for the link Charlton... (y)

This is what I was looking for - my searching skills seem to somehow be correlated with my trading skills... :p

So N-Minute is: the change in cents of a stock in the last 10 minutes

Simple, but how you use it is a different matter... :eek:

Magnus

Magnus

Attend Iraj's coming webinar to find out, but it wil be difficult without a tradestation setup to fully appreciate it. However it should demonstrate that it is worth getting TS.

For a temporary solution you can do a trial of Multicharts, which is based on TS. It doesn't have all the features - in particular Radarscreen, which is the screenshot you saw in the Iraj 10 minute post. For that particular seminar which is on daytrading you would also need a real-time data-feed. if you wanted to follow it along on your own setup

Charlton

Cheers...

Magnus

Attend Iraj's coming webinar to find out, but it wil be difficult without a tradestation setup to fully appreciate it. However it should demonstrate that it is worth getting TS.

For a temporary solution you can do a trial of Multicharts, which is based on TS. It doesn't have all the features - in particular Radarscreen, which is the screenshot you saw in the Iraj 10 minute post. For that particular seminar which is on daytrading you would also need a real-time data-feed. if you wanted to follow it along on your own setup

Charlton

Yeah, I've got Multicharts on... Not viable for me to get TS just now...

I will hopefully make the seminar...

Cheers,

Magnus

Market is very strong to day . So Nice one for those who went long with myself 17th APRIL..

How ever don't let the strong market to fool you .. we are still not out of the woods yet as the weekly INDU is yet to turn up. Once the weekly is up we SHOULD break out .
If you have not opened a portfolio yet ( which i really hope most of you have ) then DON'T MOMENTUM TRADE AND JUMP ON BAORD DURING STRONG DAYS. THIS IS SILLY and simply the worse thing a trader could do .

I have received many emails from traders who have started making money using the swing strategy which I have outlined with minimum of fuss which could they never ever make intra day trading . I am pleased. Good trading guys .

Grey1

Last edited:
Market is very strong to day . So Nice one for those who went long with myself 17th APRIL..

How ever don't let the strong market to fool you .. we are still not out of the woods yet as the weekly INDU is yet to turn up. Once the weekly is up we SHOULD break out .
If you have not opened a portfolio yet ( which i really hope most of you have ) then DON'T MOMENTUM TRADE AND JUMP ON BAORD DURING STRONG DAYS. THIS IS SILLY and simply the worse thing a trader could do .

I have received many emails from traders who have started making money using the swing strategy which I have outlined with minimum of fuss which could they never ever make intra day trading . I am pleased. Good trading guys .

Grey1

Market gave back most of its gains in the after noon and every one including NAJARIAN ( CNBC option trader ) had no explanation for the sell off but as I have clearly said we are not going to move on while INDU MACCI WEEKLY is heading down . It simply not going to happen which basically it means either a GAP DOWN or a strong Day and then sell off ,, Either way we have to go through this cycle to END the cycle . This is MLT principle and a technical and meaning full explantion to today's market behaviour.

SO I am expecting similar scenarios and a small rally after the sell off to GET THE INDU MACCI WEEKLY out the way and then BINGO.

Any 1 thinks this market is weak ? WANNA BET ?

There are not many good articles written on MLT but this one seems to be ok ( a bit on elementary side . )

SFO Magazine Official Journal for Personal Investing in Stocks, Futures and Options

grey1

Market gave back most of its gains in the after noon and every one including NAJARIAN ( CNBC option trader ) had no explanation for the sell off but as I have clearly said we are not going to move on while INDU MACCI WEEKLY is heading down . It simply not going to happen which basically it means either a GAP DOWN or a strong Day and then sell off ,, Either way we have to go through this cycle to END the cycle . This is MLT principle and a technical and meaning full explantion to today's market behaviour.

SO I am expecting similar scenarios and a small rally after the sell off to GET THE INDU MACCI WEEKLY out the way and then BINGO.

Any 1 thinks this market is weak ? WANNA BET ?

There are not many good articles written on MLT but this one seems to be ok ( a bit on elementary side . )

grey1

Just thought to give you guys my view to wards the market action to day ,, As I previously mentioned before we break out the Weekly CYCLE must and I stress it must come to the end. Add this factor to poor PPI was the result of the sell off and i expect the weakness to continue before the market settles down , If you have a strong portfolio the weakness should not affect your position by much .

Grey1