Where are commodities markets going?

Intro

Can anyone point me to some recent articles writing on the outlook of the commodities markets?

I have an interview coming up for a spot at an energy desk in one of the energy majors and whilst reading the site is great, I'd be interested in any articles you have found useful.

Thanks.

Read Jim Rogers latest book and then you can blow them away.

Thanks TWI, have heard of the book and have it on order. Any resources online?

What specific area are the desk you are speaking too involved in? the energy markets are such a broad spectrum, better to be specific to their chosen subject. The people you see will be experts in that area so I suggest you target those specific products in your research. All you need is a very general market consensus view of everything else because that is all they will have. Iimportant thing is to have an opinion and be able to back it up with logical argument shoult that view be scrutinised. Let me know products and I will see if I can help you with reports.

The program is rotational around gas, oil and carbon trading so I suspect they're looking for me to have an opinion and what direction i think the price of oil is going primarily and why. Oil is the area I'd like to target so, based on what you're telling me I need to try and have a strong opinion about that and a general view on the outlook of gas and carbon etc.

The program is rotational around gas, oil and carbon trading so I suspect they're looking for me to have an opinion and what direction i think the price of oil is going primarily and why. Oil is the area I'd like to target so, based on what you're telling me I need to try and have a strong opinion about that and a general view on the outlook of gas and carbon etc.

World oil outlook from the official source:

http://www.opec.org/library/world oil outlook/WorldOilOutlook07.htm

A careful read can get you a job.

Alex

Energy commodities, and the soft commodities that depend heavily on them that are also essential (grains) are going to continue to head steeply upwards in price over the coming year or two (2008-2010).

At some point, the strategy by the Fed and the European central banks of flooding their economies with money will fail. At which point we will get a deflationary depression (2010 onwards). This may cause a significant drop in the price of oil and its soft commodity derivatives (including essential commodities) This will only provide a temorary reprieve, though. The price of fossil energy will continue to rise, eventually causing the demand destruction of all but the most essential commodities. Then the real pressure will begin as will presently unimaginable commodity prices(20012)

Eventually, even the essential food commodities will be subject to demand destruction.

It's called starvation.....at a global level (20015 onwards......)

Last edited: