When is the best time to trade for beginners?

Sometime not as quiet as the Tokyo-London overlap but not something as volatile as the London-New York overlap- just the right amount of volatile for a beginner.

The best quality opportunities are during during volatile times. If you think trading in less volatility will give you a greater chance of success, then I am sorry to tell you that it won't go well for you. Price is more erratic outise of times when econdata is being released.

I find that trading during Asian time is less volatile, and is suitable for beginners. But try to stay out of market when significant fundamental releases on JPY are. Usually then you can expect some increased volatility as well when FED has some late-evening announcements, but not so frequently

The best decision will be to start trading during the US session after the news (most of them will be released from 8.00 AM till 9.00 AM EST). In such case, you will avoid the unexpected volatility but, at the same time, you will have the highest possible liquidity - just as the trader needs.

The best decision will be to start trading during the US session after the news (most of them will be released from 8.00 AM till 9.00 AM EST). In such case, you will avoid the unexpected volatility but, at the same time, you will have the highest possible liquidity - just as the trader needs.

cool. great advice! thanks for sharing

the main times are all about where the global markets overlap and the currencies are firing off each other

asian - European - North America

due to my timezone i miss the asian session anyway ....i will then scalp the london open session (say 6-11am GMT)....then dependent on my performance i will get involved for the NY opens.....say 2pm onwards for a few hours .....NY open is officially 9.30am EST .........but i like to get involved a little earlier to pick up the early currency trending developments

they are the main liquidity and volatility times .........since the USD is by far the most traded currency in the world the NY session is the big one ........the overlap with european market really rocks

if you have a pair you like why not add a volume indicator anyway (well a tick indicator in essence) or an ATR and watch where these increase regularly ...........thats where the action is .....as volatility and volume increase .....which technically could be at any time if the market has an event .....but the times I mention are the expected times for such action

N

I think European session is the best choice and not only for beginners. And no, it`s not so peaceful. ;)

Trade when you have time, money and psychological comfort and of course feel healthy. Best time to trade I guess

nope not really ...the market is not there and ready just to suit you ...thats a huge error that beginners make

you must trade the market only when it is ready and revealing opportunities ......otherwise you will get creamed

N

If you need something quite peaceful, it is better to choose the European session (7 pm-12 am GMT). Not the beginning and not the end, but the period in the middle. Of course, following news and avoiding trading during the release of important news. Actually, you can trade during the American session as well - the crucial factor here is not the session, but news. I wouldn't recommend Asian session - it is too quiet there most of the time, and when it's getting crowdy the situation can be very unexpectable :)

talking forex (and i am mainly intra day scalper)...........you big volumes are usually the us morning session .....from US open around 9.30 EST..........if you want to play with the big boys thats the time

I trade a lot london mornign session but its gatting back to lower Volumes / Volatility because brexit pressure is off at moment .............so i am having to wait till us session to hit my daily targets at moment

last few months i was generally hitting daily targets in the London morning ......

N

nope not really ...the market is not there and ready just to suit you ...thats a huge error that beginners make

you must trade the market only when it is ready and revealing opportunities ......otherwise you will get creamed

N
You`re not right at 100%. if your not comfort when you trade even if the market is ready and revealing opportunities you`ll make a mistake. May be the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The London am session offers decent opportunities before the NY volume is added in the afternoon. Don't bother with short-term live trades after London closes unless you have an unusual strategy that demands low volume / slow price action.

And after all it depends on where are you from. If you`re from LA or Tokyo it`s best to start with your own time zone session in example.